Passport Full

I have just returned from a visa run where the immigration said they would stamp me out but not in again because they said my passport was full....(i believe it is not)...

Now i have 3 days left before it becomes an overstay....

looking on the uk passport directions it will take 10 days to renew. This will result in an overstay.

do i have any other options:

like a 7 day extension and then i may just make it in time (i have Non B visa, can you just extend for 7 days or more?). if the local immigration can fit it in my passport or will they be awkward?

The embassy will renew my stamp so i am not overstay

Do i have to bite the bullet and overstay...

Can some one please help, i am sure this has happened before.

You probably need at least a page and half to do another border run. If you have a full page for the a visa to wherever you go and space for the exit and entry stamps I can't see it being a problem to do another border run.

You may be able to get a 7 day extension at immigration if you show them you have a full passport and have to get a new one.

The embassy can't do anything to stop the overstay only getting an extension at immigration can do that.

Edited by ubonjoe

You probably need at least a page and half to do another border run. If you have a full page for the a visa to wherever you go and space for the exit and entry stamps I can't see it being a problem to do another border run.

You may be able to get a 7 day extension at immigration if you show them you have a full passport and have to get a new one.

The embassy can't do anything to stop the overstay only getting an extension at immigration can do that.

You might ask the Embassy to supply you with a letter stating you applied for a new passport.

Reason, passport full.

That is enough to get the overstay waived.

Ask for a business passport, those have double the pages as a standard passport.

I have just returned from a visa run where the immigration said they would stamp me out but not in again because they said my passport was full....(i believe it is not)...

looking on the uk passport directions it will take 10 days to renew. This will result in an overstay.

like a 7 day extension and then i may just make it in time (i have Non B visa, can you just extend for 7 days or more?). if the local immigration can fit it in my passport or will they be awkward?

Seems to me, something as important as this would have been addressed immediately. People's lack of priorities/personal accountability never cease to amaze me.

Good luck!

Martian

Seems to me, something as important as this would have been addressed immediately. People's lack of priorities/personal accountability never cease to amaze me.

Good luck!

Martian

I was perfect once also, then something happened!

This is not the case if you do a border run to Malaysia or Burma; UK citizens don't require visas to enter these countries and thus you only need four small vacant spaces/corners on any pages in your passport for normal sized (small) stamps. Edited by digitalchromakey

This is not the case if you do a border run to Malaysia or Burma; UK citizens don't require visas to enter these countries and thus you only need four small vacant spaces/corners on any pages in your passport for normal sized (small) stamps.

Good call..get a train down to malasian border..its a pain in the arse at 15hrs but then you wont be overstay and you can apply for the new passport at will...

Does the visa become invalid if you overstay???

Good call..get a train down to malasian border..its a pain in the arse at 15hrs but then you wont be overstay and you can apply for the new passport at will...
From Phuket, it's much quicker to go to Hat Yai by Coach; then minibus to Sadao/local bus to Padang Besar - takes about 8-10 hours.

Good point, if you have room for 2x small stamps then you could go to KL and apply for a new UK passport there.

Unless I missed something in your post, what about simply having visa pages added at your nearest embassy? It's usually same day service, requiring no more than a wait of a few hours. I've had this done twice already. Free service, too.

You might also consider going to either Vientiane or KL to have this done if you are concerned about triggering an overstay.

Unless UK rules are different, you shouldn't need to have a new passport made simply because you have used up all available visa stamp space. That is wasteful. Just add more pages.

Edited by relayer

This is not the case if you do a border run to Malaysia or Burma; UK citizens don't require visas to enter these countries and thus you only need four small vacant spaces/corners on any pages in your passport for normal sized (small) stamps.

Yes, i believe that i have enough spaces to do the Burma run, immagration said we will stamp you out but you can not come back...(two legal spaces only) the stamps can not overlap another stamp. obviously i have a hundred stamps already which 90% overlap. i probably think i could get 10 stamps or more which would overlap similar to the original ones. But i think my face did not fit at immagration and who am i to tell them differently...

so my passport in my eyes did not need renewing until next year when i need a blank page to fit in my new b visa, so there it is, difference of perception.

For sure i could go to kl, apply for a passport there, this would take 10 days the same as in bangkok, but it does not help me with my work as i work in Thailand...

it is nice to know that pattaya has a new immagration office but their attitudes are still the same...

i filled out the form and i asked, my thailand address or my uk address? reply thailand address, so i put down my home address in Phuket. He threw back the papers and said, F. Off back to Phuket and apply there.

i explain that i was working in Pattaya this month, (Hotel Group), Ok he said, go back to the hotel where you are staying and get the manager to write a letter that i am actually staying there...

amazing thailand..

i read that Thaksin said "i want the right to travel where ever i want without restrictions" lol.

For sure i could go to kl, apply for a passport there, this would take 10 days the same as in bangkok, but it does not help me with my work as i work in Thailand...

If you are working in Thailand, you very probably have an annual extension tied to your work permit or you are working illegally and doing visa runs. I am not condemning or judging you. Doing illegal things leads to inconvenience.