Heavy Rain All Day, Any Flooding Yet?

Devil

Hi all, its seems the annual rains have started again and looks like this may keep raining for a while? Any bad flooding reported yet and where? I am based in Choeng Mon and seems to have been non stop rain since this morning and heavy also.

Hi all, its seems the annual rains have started again and looks like this may keep raining for a while? Any bad flooding reported yet and where? I am based in Choeng Mon and seems to have been non stop rain since this morning and heavy also.

Well it's shaping up to be like 2005.There is flooding,the worst will come when the runoff will start causing problems.

Well it's shaping up to be like 2005.There is flooding,the worst will come when the runoff will start causing problems.

From Thai Met.

Warning

"Heavy rain and flooding conditions in the South while cool over upper Thailand."

No. 3 (396/2551) Time Issued : November 09, 2008

Active low pressure trough lies across lower southern Thailand toward the low pressure cell in the lower South China Sea. Torrential rain are expected over southern Thailand. People in the risky areas such as Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla and Pattani provinces should beware of flooding conditions and all ship in the Gulf should proceed with caution during 9-11 November.

For a long time yesterday and again now (1pm Monday) the road between Plai Lam and Bangrak is closed due to flooding.

There is an easy diversion if you need to get through

The improvement over 2005 is that the drainage they put in since seems to be working in that the floods go down fairly quickly once the rain stops. Twice over the weekend I had to take the diversion round the back roads in Plai Laem but three hours later it was clear again. I used to live in the bungalows just there and three years ago it would take days to go down, now only hours. Last night driving to Tesco from Bophut, floods were starting to build near BigC but three hours later they had gone. No major flooding when I drove down to the office on the Beach Road and through Laem Din but that was at 9am so not sure what it is like now as it has been pretty heavy since then.

For a long time yesterday and again now (1pm Monday) the road between Plai Lam and Bangrak is closed due to flooding.

The improvement over 2005 is that the drainage they put in since seems to be working in that the floods go down fairly quickly once the rain stops. Twice over the weekend I had to take the diversion round the back roads in Plai Laem but three hours later it was clear again. I used to live in the bungalows just there and three years ago it would take days to go down, now only hours. Last night driving to Tesco from Bophut, floods were starting to build near BigC but three hours later they had gone. No major flooding when I drove down to the office on the Beach Road and through Laem Din but that was at 9am so not sure what it is like now as it has been pretty heavy since then.

You are right, it seems to be draining away faster.Still some problem spots, but nothing compared to 2005.By the way,I'm only talking Bophut,Maenam & the way in to Chaweng via the lake road.

You are right, it seems to be draining away faster.Still some problem spots, but nothing compared to 2005.By the way,I'm only talking Bophut,Maenam & the way in to Chaweng via the lake road.

Plai Laem to Bangrak open now. The drains are helping the water to get away much quicker now.

well thats good news that the drainage put in is working..................credit where credit is due.

Maybe, but it looks like there is a fairly low tide at the moment, wait for the high tide and see what happens.

130 mm on Tuesday according to windguru :o

Thai Met quotes over 110mm yesterday.Here is their latest warning for today.

Warning

"Heavy rain and flooding conditions in the South while cool over upper Thailand."

No. 5 (398/2551) Time Issued : November 10, 2008

An intense high pressure system has covered upper Thailand is likely to cause the trough of rather active low pressure lies across the Andaman Sea, lower southern Thailand and the Gulf. Cold weather and 1-3 °C drops with windy in the upper Thailand. Abundant rain and heavy to very heavy rains are expected in the South. People in risky areas of Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Karbi, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat should beware of flooding. Wave in the Gulf is expected 2-4 meters. All ships should proceed with caution while small boats in the Gulf should keep ashore during 2-3 days.

At the airport road, between Plai Laem and the arrival area of the airport, somebody build a wall to protect his lower than the road located house that's not build on stilts. The house is dry now but the road was flooded to a half a meter all day long yesterday, despite a pump at each side of the wall. TIT!