Thai Drivers License For Motorbike

djuro123

Thai drivers license for motorbike. My drivers license from my home country is valid for both car and motorbike. I got my Thai drivers license for car very easily, without test. I asked for a drivers license for motorbike at the same time, but was told that I had to take a driving test for the motorbike. Have some of yours any experience about this?

Thai drivers license for motorbike. My drivers license from my home country is valid for both car and motorbike. I got my Thai drivers license for car very easily, without test. I asked for a drivers license for motorbike at the same time, but was told that I had to take a driving test for the motorbike. Have some of yours any experience about this?

I am an expat and thats new to me, I didn't Know you could get car license that easily! I thought you had to take a Thai test in both instances. I would be very happy to hear how you did that as I need a Thai License. :o

I always thought if your home license was valid for both cars and motorbikes, you didn't have to take the test. You might want to double check with them. Anyway, I went through the whole test process for a motorbike license. This might help you out.

Yes, I got both Thai licenses by showing my UK license and IDP - no driving test involved in either case. Now I have renewed them both to be 5 year licenses.

Yes, I got both Thai licenses by showing my UK license and IDP - no driving test involved in either case. Now I have renewed them both to be 5 year licenses.

Luckily the Uk licence has a picture of a motosi on it ( if you've passed the test) which helps. May depend on Nationality - language on the home country licence?

Gosh you mean all those idiots on motorbikes have a license and have passed a test??? :o

No, no, when they get stopped they pay a 100B fine until next check point (and down town Udon I see daily check points...)

Btw, drove from Udon Thani to the village last night at 23hrs and saw a few bikers with NO lights on, smart asses... :D

Also at two places saw around 5 motorbikes chatting around, parked in the dark alongside the high way :D

I am an expat and thats new to me, I didn't Know you could get car license that easily! I thought you had to take a Thai test in both instances. I would be very happy to hear how you did that as I need a Thai License. :o

I forgot to mentioned that I have an international drivers license, then I don't need to make a Thai test. My drivers license is non English so I had to go to my embassy to get it translated to English, and from the embassy I got a confirmation of my Thai address, and I got a medical certificate, this must not be older then one month and with copy of my passport. I had to take some eye test and then I got the Thai license.

I had an IDP, UK license, a letter from immigration, tabien baan, passport. Wife and self-important Thai bloke also help. No riding test needed just reaction and colour-blindness test. I am partially colour-blind so that's where the Thai bloke comes in handy to blag your way through that.

does anybody know if ust an international permit will do as i have lost my actual driving license

I believe that the IDP - International Driving Permit - is more important than the home country license. But can't remember if you must have the home country license.

I believe the home country license is a must. And the IDP is less important. But here in LOS to eliminate the actual tests being taken you must present both to the application office. I think they will make you sit through the classes and take road tests without the IDP. Thats what happened to me on the motorbike license. No stamp saying motorbike on the IDP so road test required. Car no problem just the eye hand stuff