Price Of Thai Lessons

Ritti

I am curious as to what most peopel pay for Thai Lessons,

I was doing 2 lessons a week (private) in a coffee shop. it was 500 for each lessons. The Thai teacher was very very good and spoke perfect english. the lessons were pretty relaxed which was good.

I would happly pass his details on.

I have heard of people paying as little as 200bt a sessions,

Any thoughts? Ideas?

I am curious as to what most peopel pay for Thai Lessons,

I was doing 2 lessons a week (private) in a coffee shop. it was 500 for each lessons. The Thai teacher was very very good and spoke perfect english. the lessons were pretty relaxed which was good.

I would happly pass his details on.

I have heard of people paying as little as 200bt a sessions,

Any thoughts? Ideas?

I have had private lessons before and paid B400 per hour, i asked this same question around the time and it seemed to range between B200 and B800 per hour.

I thought B400 was quite expensive, but i learned alot during the hour and ensured that i went into every lesson with a clear view of what i wanted to learn so for me it was worth it.

I was also going to say between 200 and 800. I would personally pay 600 for an excellent teacher and could understand a school charging 800 for an equally good teacher to come to your house, although I wouldn't be prepared to pay that much.

The worst teacher I ever had charged 300 and I felt like I was wasting my money, one of the best teachers I ever had charged the same but unfortunately was not a teacher of Thai to foreigners full time and consequently had other commitments so we couldn't keep it going for long.

There's no hard and fast rule but I would say find a teacher who you feel is helping you learn and pay what you feel is fair providing they too feel as well that it is worth their time. One of the biggest problems with private tuition is that it won't last for very long if either party feels that they're wasting their time.