Changing Visa From Thai Wife To Work Permit

Lat year I got my work permit application rejected so settled for showing 200,000 Baht in the bank and getting a "Thai wife" visa for around 9 months until next year.

Now I have a Work Permit.

My question to you that are knowledgable in this area is, what do I do when my visa is up?

Next month, I hope I don't have to leave the country(or even go to Bangkok) or show money, which I can't.

Do I have to apply for a new Work Permit before I go to Immigration?

Sorry if this sounds confusing, but I am confused.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Neeranam

You are going to have to do something before your visa stay is up.

Are you supporting your Thai wife but just do not have the new 400k bank requirement? If that is the case you need to plead your case with immigration (in Bangkok or wherever you are) and if you can show the job that should help greatly.

You say you have a work permit but then ask if you need to apply for a work permit? You need to take care of new extension of stay before the current permit expires if it is timed to end at expiration of your current extension of stay.

If support is out immigration may be able to convert to B type visa and if you meet income requirement of that you may get an extension and then apply for new work permit to match it.

If none of the above I guess you could try to obtain a multi entry B visa (not sure if you can obtain in immediate area) from a Consulate and do the 90 day work permit/new stay routine.

Short answer is to talk with immigration before the last minute.

Thanks Lopburi, you are a great help on these matters!

I got my last one from Bangkok, but now nearer to Udon thani or Nong Kai.

Yes, I am supporting my Thai wife and don't have the money.

I thought that with a WP, I didn't need to keep the current visa.

I have a WP, I meant do I have to apply for an extension as it is finished on the same day as my Visa.

OK I will talk with the Immigration in Nong Kai and Bangkok. Hopefully working for the Thai government will help.

Thanks again for your time

Neeranam

You always need a visa and you can not extend your work permit without it. So that takes top priority. You need the visa (stay) before you can extend the work permit so get your things together and make a visit with wife to Nong Khai. Believe they will be able to help you.