The Brass Monkeys Are Flying South

sceadugenga

The second cold night of the season and I'm wearing teeshirt, shirt and pullover with tracksuit pants this morning. I'll have a hunt for some socks later... where does all that stuff disappear to in the hot season?

The Mrs never had any trouble finding her flannelet 'jammys last night though.

The days are brilliant, cool and crystal clear... the Thais are piling up their rubbish to burn as I write. :o

Edited by sceadugenga

The wife and I love this weather. Afraid you might be right about burning, however. With all the weather information online, I am always amused when people ask in the forum about the weather in Thailand.

Yes i know i can look it up but i am only not sure if its correct and on the sites i bumped to mostly dont update much or something.

Well i'll try to check it out at thai meteorological department. :D

Okay i got it at this time in Thailand.

Current Weather at 10:00 pm is 21.1 degree. Nice indeed :o

Edited by konjianghai

Good for you! I always like it when people show a little ingenuity.

The wife and I love this weather. Afraid you might be right about burning, however. With all the weather information online, I am always amused when people ask in the forum about the weather in Thailand.

Yes i know i can look it up but i am only not sure if its correct and on the sites i bumped to mostly dont update much or something.

Well i'll try to check it out at thai meteorological department. :D

Okay i got it at this time in Thailand.

Current Weather at 10:00 pm is 21.1 degree. Nice indeed :o

Quikcast.com predicted 9c in Chiang Rai this morning but it would have been several degrees colder up here in the mountains.

I offered to get the heater out but the Mrs joined her sister in law in following the sun around the garden like cats.

With all the weather information online, I am always amused when people ask in the forum about the weather in Thailand.

Why? Much of Thailand's online weather info is reported from weather stations at airports. And those weather stations don't address micro-climates, which are very common in Thailand.

With all the weather information online, I am always amused when people ask in the forum about the weather in Thailand.

Why? Much of Thailand's online weather info is reported from weather stations at airports. And those weather stations don't address micro-climates, which are very common in Thailand.

Anything in the teens is beautiful weather in my neck of the woods. The specific degree, on a specific street corner, really doesn't make all that much difference, in my opinion.

So there are micro-climates. How clever to point that out.

The specific degree, on a specific street corner, really doesn't make all that much difference, in my opinion.

Depends if that " .. specific street corner .." might be where someone is planning to visit, like Maesalong or Doi Tung or .. The difference between Maesalong and the airport in Chiang Rai will likely be more than a ".. specific degree ..". :o

This morning at 6.30 it was 15C, and yesterday 17C. We live in lowland countryside 3kms east of the city. I can't recall such a quick transition from rainy to cool season.

I certainly agree with the quick transition this year, one day it was hot and wet and the next cool and dry.

It's 7.10am here at Hoysen Pubpla, 20kms south of CR, and it's a lot less than 15c, I estimate around 6 or 7c.

• 1 month later...

The BBC forecast this rain on the 22nd. They usually are pretty good with the five day forecast, probably because the weather here does not change much from day to day. Tomorrow - 27th no sun and drizzle (sounds familiar to an Englishman) and then back to our normal weather.

Might be brass monkeys here as we have solar heated water. Better to avoid an unwashed Lannaman for a day or two!

link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=2116

I'm off to Mae Sai today so may call into Macro on the way home and check out an ongoing rumour they have dried peas there and make a bacon and pea soup.

I never knew such a wussy lot of motorcyclists as there are in Chiang Mai Macca, one headed for the 'Rai last month and only got as far as the Hot Springs before turning back. :o

Edited by sceadugenga