Usb Edge Modem

coalminer

Last Saturday, I bought an "USB EDGE Modem" at the local night market.

Went the day after to the True Shop, bought a telephone card and asked to activate Internet on the card.

But after trying several possibilities, I'm still unable to make this modem to work on my computer.

The installation CD went without problems.

After installing the software, the modem offers as default the number *99***#1 to ring.

I have tried this number and several other numbers without luck.

The modem seems to dial the number but cannot make a connection.

Does anybody know how to activate this modem?

TIA

post-10254-1226378787_thumb.jpgpost-10254-1226378771_thumb.jpg

If you have an GPRS/EDGE capable phone you might try installing SIM in phone and then try connecting to internet using just phone. You will then know if True has really activated GPRS or problems is with Edge modem or you PC to modem setup.

Edited by ballbreaker

If you have an GPRS/EDGE capable phone you might try installing SIM in phone and then try connecting to internet using just phone. You will then know if True has really activated GPRS or problems is with Edge modem or you PC to modem setup.

When I purchased the SIM card at the TRUE shop, they activated the Internet access on MY cell phone (Nokia N70) and showed me that I would be able to access Internet with the SIM Card (took them 1 hour to activate Internet access).

The number I dail to get online is *99#

Thanks.

Tried to change the phone number as you discribed, but got the following error message:

post-10254-1226464915_thumb.jpg

Sorry it didn't work. When I go the edge service from DTAC I came in with my laptop and had them set it up. May want to go to True and do the same thing.

The number I dail to get online is *99#

Thanks.

Tried to change the phone number as you discribed, but got the following error message:

post-10254-1226464915_thumb.jpg

Sorry it didn't work. When I go the edge service from DTAC I came in with my laptop and had them set it up. May want to go to True and do the same thing.

Think your reply to take my laptop and the Edge Modem to the True Shop and let them work it out will be the best solution.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...