Sony Prs 505 In Bkk Or Kk

ernest1966

• 3 months later...

I'm looking for one too. Or maybe the new Amazon Kindle. Anybody know where i can find one in Bkk?? Phantip Plaza? I'm an avid book reader and I have a lot of e-books, but I don't like to read them with my laptop.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

I poseted in the other thread bhphotovideo.com has them for delivery to thailand. I have a Sony PRS-700 that will be delivered from them tomorrow by UPS in bkk. only took 4 days from ordering.

The Sony readers are not available from any sony dealer in asia. Only distributed in Europe, US and Canada.

I checked yesterday and today in Panthip Plaza in BKK. Nobody know about Ebook readers, also Sony, GPS, palm pc shops...

I'll check also in Singapore on my way to my Bali holiday...

Sony do not distribute the PRS-505 or PRS-700 anywhere in Asia, only option is import from US or Europe. Got mine from the above store i mentioned last week. Very happy with it and delivered to bkk in 4 days.

namoo, right, Sony Readers didn't exist oficially at markets of Asia etc, only in US and Europe.

But, ernest1966, you can try to find a "generics" by taiwanese vendor Netronix. It's same e-ink visiplex technology screen, like Sony PRS-505 or Kindle.

Netronix makes many different devices as ODM-vendor, which sells with different names of local brands. For example in Russia we have 3 different ones from different "vendors" with different firmware, but same hardware produced by Netronix.

It's taiwanese "generic", but quality is high, software part is very good (unlike Sony), it's not locked at Amazon or any other bookshop (unlike Kindle), and price is around 300-350 USD.

I never seen it in Thailand, but, it can be availiable in Hongkong, or over Internet, I believe.

Edited by romx

I imported a Kindle and am very happy with it. I have bought about twenty books in the two weeks I have had it. It saves me from looking for books here or paying the slightly insane express shipping costs for books from Amazon and Amazon UK. I think the duty was six or seven hundred baht.

How did you get away with paying so little duty? I thought the duty (from what I have read) in Thailand was uttery over the top...

I import stuff almost on a monthly basis from the US. Never been ripped off using Fedex or DHL or UPS.

• 3 weeks later...