Renewed Retirement Visa

:o:D:D Just renewed my retirement visa in Bangkok,took 10 minutes when I got to the desk.If you have all the paperwork no problem.If they could only do something about the waiting.But it is still more efficient than the US consulate,took more time to get my proof of income at the US embassy than to get the retirement visa.The US embassy is third world service.

:o:D:D Just renewed my retirement visa in Bangkok,took 10 minutes when I got to the desk.If you have all the paperwork no problem.If they could only do something about the waiting.But it is still more efficient than the US consulate,took more time to get my proof of income at the US embassy than to get the retirement visa.The US embassy is third world service.

Dear "AlmostAlwaysRight"

Technically, it's not a "renewal of a retirement visa" as it is a "retirement extension of your Non-O visa," I believe.

However, agree, Suan Plu is pretty quick, once you get sitting down in front of the extension desk. Don't know about the U.S. Embassy ACS as haven't been there since the instituted the appointment system. You have an appointment?

Mac

But it is still more efficient than the US consulate,took more time to get my proof of income at the US embassy than to get the retirement visa.The US embassy is third world service.

In August I had a 7:45 appointment to do an income affidavit and was done by 8:30.

No problems and no complaints.

Can anyone confirm whether the financial requirements for the extension of a Non.Imm."O" visa based on retirement have been changed very recently.

I have just been informed by a friend that Suan Phlu office denied his extension saying that he had to have both monthly income of B65,000 PLUS B800,000 in the bank in Thailand.

If this is true, would it be for new applicants or all renewals regardless? Seems strange.

Thanks.

Can anyone confirm whether the financial requirements for the extension of a Non.Imm."O" visa based on retirement have been changed very recently.

I have just been informed by a friend that Suan Phlu office denied his extension saying that he had to have both monthly income of B65,000 PLUS B800,000 in the bank in Thailand.

If this is true, would it be for new applicants or all renewals regardless? Seems strange.

Thanks.

No change that I have heard of or read about.

Some immigration offices want to see a bank book showing transfers and some money in the account but not 800K.

Thanks.

I had the income statement AND a letter from the bank.They told me I didn't need the bank statement,just the embasy letter.For 100 baht I will have both next time too.