Tot Gold Cyber Dsl In Pattaya

Jingthing

Posting here in Pattaya forum instead of tech forum because I think the policies are different in different provinces.

Anyway, here is my situation.

I have the 1000 baht TOT gold cyber DSL and have had this for a few years.

I don't even remember what speed they promised at the time.

Recent tests show during the day it is somewhat UNDER 1 meg and sometimes late at night up to 1.5 meg. Was the ORIGINAL promise 1 meg or 2 meg service? With my speed SOMETIMES showing 1.5 meg, does that mean I am already receiving 2 meg service (with the usual low expectations here)?

OK, I have heard there are changes in TOT DSL service.

If you signed up for gold cyber today for 1000 baht would you be promised 1 meg or 2 meg service? If 2 meg, can I expect a "free upgrade" to 2 meg if I visit the TOT office and "change" my service?

Edited by Jingthing

Not so much a 'free upgrade', you have to apply for the service again by filling in their form and providing a copy of your passport.

I recently changed from the 'silver' at 700 Baht old rate to the 'gold' at 590 new rate so even if your speed doesn't increase significantly you can save money.

So you are saying that the new gold cyber fee is 590 baht even for existing customers? What is the current promised speed for gold cyber, 1 or 2 megs? Is there a way to pay 1000 baht and get increased speeds?

Edited by Jingthing

So you are saying that the new gold cyber fee is 590 baht even for existing customers? What is the current promised speed for gold cyber, 1 or 2 megs? Is there a way to pay 1000 baht and get increased speeds?

Everyone in pattaya who had the original goldcyber 1 meg package at 1000 baht was automatically upgraded to 2 meg.Also on a 1 meg connection you can never recieve 1.5 meg.I also guess your speedtest was done with a server within thailand because international it will be more in the range of 100kb.

Everyone in pattaya who had the original goldcyber 1 meg package at 1000 baht was automatically upgraded to 2 meg.Also on a 1 meg connection you can never recieve 1.5 meg.I also guess your speedtest was done with a server within thailand because international it will be more in the range of 100kb.

OK, so are you saying that people now paying 590 baht versus 1000 baht for goldcyber are also getting the so called 2 meg connection speeds? In that case, I suppose I should apply for a price reduction, but I don't want a speed reduction. Still confused what you are saying, if a speedtest at night sometimes does show 1.5, you are saying that proves I am already upgraded to 2 meg service?

For the speedtest I am using the testing tool on thaivisa. Is that testing international or Thai sites?

Edited by Jingthing

OK, so are you saying that people now paying 590 baht versus 1000 baht for goldcyber are also getting the so called 2 meg connection speeds? In that case, I suppose I should apply for a price reduction, but I don't want a speed reduction. Still confused what you are saying, if a speedtest at night sometimes does show 1.5, you are saying that proves I am already upgraded to 2 meg service?

For the speedtest I am using the testing tool on thaivisa. Is that testing international or Thai sites?

No the people who signed up in the past for goldcyber at 1000 baht for 1Mb got upgraded to 2 Mb.Currently you can sign up for a 1 Mb goldcyber connection at 590 baht but they don't get upgraded for that price.I you get download speeds of 1.5 Mb that means you are upgraded already.Thaivisa speedtest is against the server in Singapore which normaly gives a good speed.The 100 Kb speeds I am talking about are against servers in the US.

Sawatdee Krap, Jingthing.

Check your TOT monthly bill and see what it says about your ADSL service. But I think you have already been connected to the 2 mb goldcyber service.

I also have TOT Goldcyber 2 MB service around Sattahip area. I use speedtest.net for checking my speed from B

ANGKOK server (normally my ping is about 60 ms. My download speed is about 1773 kbps. My upload speed is around 422 kbps.)

TOT reps in Pattaya once told me that the 2 mb speed is "guaranteed"? only from within Thailand and if its 20 % off the 2 mb I'm paying for, it's still acceptable to them. But I told them that this is the internet, you know.....world-wide, but they didn't have a clue it seems as to what I was trying to explain to them.

With speedtest.net, you can check your actual speeds from anywhere in the world. Just select the region by clicking on the box next to the round speed dial and move to the server location, example USA, San Francisco. Amazingly, I just tried it and the ping from San Francisco was 486 msm download speed was 2025 kbps and upload speed was 238 kbps. Normally the download from San Francisco is under 400 kbps. But perhaps not many people using the internet at 6:55 am here in Thailand day after Songkron. It all depends on the time of day, traffic, etc.

Hope this info helped.

Edited by wrestler7902002

Sawatdee Krap, Jingthing.

Check your TOT monthly bill and see what it says about your ADSL service. But I think you have already been connected to the 2 mb goldcyber service.

I also have TOT Goldcyber 2 MB service around Sattahip area. I use speedtest.net for checking my speed from B

ANGKOK server (normally my ping is about 60 ms. My download speed is about 1773 kbps. My upload speed is around 422 kbps.)

TOT reps in Pattaya once told me that the 2 mb speed is "guaranteed"? only from within Thailand and if its 20 % off the 2 mb I'm paying for, it's still acceptable to them. But I told them that this is the internet, you know.....world-wide, but they didn't have a clue it seems as to what I was trying to explain to them.

With speedtest.net, you can check your actual speeds from anywhere in the world. Just select the region by clicking on the box next to the round speed dial and move to the server location, example USA, San Francisco. Amazingly, I just tried it and the ping from San Francisco was 486 msm download speed was 2025 kbps and upload speed was 238 kbps. Normally the download from San Francisco is under 400 kbps. But perhaps not many people using the internet at 6:55 am here in Thailand day after Songkron. It all depends on the time of day, traffic, etc.

Hope this info helped.

I am in Ban Amphur, at the northern end of amphur Sattahip, and just got at 10am almost the same results as above. I am a very happy customer.

Thanks for the additional info.

My bill only says goldcyber. I signed up a few years ago. There doesn't appear to be any mention of how many megs on the bill.

Another question, assuming I do have the "2 meg" service. Is there a higher speed available with TOT Pattaya, and if so, how fast and how much?

OK, let me seek some more clarification.

I am getting pretty consistent speeds of at least 1.5 meg in Thailand using speedtest.net.

Does that indicate I am indeed most likely already upgraded to 2 meg goldcyber even though I never went in to the office to ask for that?

Also, as I am paying 1000 baht for the probable 2 meg goldcyber service, that is the current price for 2 meg goldcyber or not (in other words can I go in and get the same service for a lower rate)?