Fighting Mold

William_R

Does anyone have any advise on how to stop or prevent mold? Specifically, my problem is with shoes, shoulder bags, brief cases and luggage. I've been hoping there is some sort of product out there that can be sprayed on these items to either kill or prevent mold from setting in. The only thing I know of is bleach, but its not an option for these items, as it would change their color.

Does anyone have any advise on how to stop or prevent mold? Specifically, my problem is with shoes, shoulder bags, brief cases and luggage. I've been hoping there is some sort of product out there that can be sprayed on these items to either kill or prevent mold from setting in. The only thing I know of is bleach, but its not an option for these items, as it would change their color.

Mold in your underwear you say? no oh sorry.

To your point, best to chuck em and start fresh. Get a dehumidifier or use your aircon alot more in your house / apt.

I have never experienced mold on clothes etc, in Thailand.

However when working in humid conditions like Africa, I found just hanging a light bulb in my wardrobe or closet kept the mold at bay. ( leave switched on 24/7 of course )

Give it a go,

Cheers

Lowering the humidity or increasing the air circulation (fans) in the place that you store you stuff is the easiest way to prevent mold however any aerosol spray on fungicide that is safe for clothing will also work but unfortunatley they are hard to find.

Most of my problems are with items stored in a room that is air conditioned 24/7, and has a floor fan on 90 percent of the time, as well. Its even growing on the back of my leather desk chair that sits right under the A/C!

The fungicide spray is what I'm looking for. Problem is I don't know where to look, and even if I find it the labeling will most likely be in Thai, so I wouldn't know it if I saw it. :-)

I have to believe in a climate such as this there would be plenty of products to battle mold, as we Americans spell it.

Lowering the humidity or increasing the air circulation (fans) in the place that you store you stuff is the easiest way to prevent mold however any aerosol spray on fungicide that is safe for clothing will also work but unfortunatley they are hard to find.

Most of my problems are with items stored in a room that is air conditioned 24/7, and has a floor fan on 90 percent of the time, as well. Its even growing on the back of my leather desk chair that sits right under the A/C!

The fungicide spray is what I'm looking for. Problem is I don't know where to look, and even if I find it the labeling will most likely be in Thai, so I wouldn't know it if I saw it. :-)

I have to believe in a climate such as this there would be plenty of products to battle mold, as we Americans spell it.

Will have a look the next time I am shopping but in the meantime, try converting your home into a sauna. :o