Visa options

I am a British citizen aged 38.  I have sold my house in London and what to stay in Thailand for about 3 years.  I do not expect to work during this period.  I am now on the last entry of a 4-entry tourist visa issued in London.  I do not have a Thai wife and from what I can see I do not fall into any of the other categories for a Non-IM visa.  What are the best options for visa?  Will I be able to stay as long as 3 years on continued tourist visas?

My current plan is to go to Phnom Penh next month to try to get a double entry tourist visa and then in six months  time to go back to the UK and try to get another 4-entry visa.

Royal Thai Consulate in Birmingham or Hull, UK, can give you a Multiple Non-Immigrant visa valid for 12+3 months with visa runs every 90 days. Search this forum for these two cities and you will find all info in order to obtain a one-year multi.

Click "search" above at the top of the page and enter exactly:

Birmingham OR Hull

Voila!

Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth in Australia are multiple friendly as well FYI.

Thanks for your reply.  I have a couple of additional questions:

- I am buying a Condo in Jomtien, which is due to be completed in October.  I have already transferred funds for the purchase to a Thai bank account and therefore currently have more that 2 million Baht in my account.  Would it be better to apply for a one year multi-entry now while a have the cash or when a own property in Thailand.

- Previous posts sugggest that I need a letter of guarantee form someone who if necessary would pay the costs of my repatriation.  Is this necessary if a can should I cash 2 million Baht cash is a Thai bank?  Who can this letter be from - Thai or Farang both OK?  Bar girl acceptable?

I am beginning to think that I should go the Perth next week before the visa fees are increased

I have just received my multiple entry non o immigrant visa from Hull.  I spoke with them regarding the leter of gaurantee and they said that my father could do one for both myself and my wife.

There is an example on their website which my father based his letter on.  I sent the passports and forms off on Monday and got them back yesterday with the one year visa.

Very happy with their service  :o