Config Help Please

Khutan

I have the "Unlimited" plan with DTAC. I can get a good connection and also get my laptop to ping all sorts of hosts. The DNS is working well because if I do a PING WWW.THAIVISA.COM it will return the addres.

The only problem I have is what are the browser settings ????

I cannot get the browser to work and I have tried, Auto and direct connect.

I called the support line, although helpful, they don't know what the proxy settings are nor the port number.

I think thats all I need

Thanks in Advance

Matt :o

I have the "Unlimited" plan with DTAC. I can get a good connection and also get my laptop to ping all sorts of hosts. The DNS is working well because if I do a PING WWW.THAIVISA.COM it will return the addres.

The only problem I have is what are the browser settings ????

I cannot get the browser to work and I have tried, Auto and direct connect.

I called the support line, although helpful, they don't know what the proxy settings are nor the port number.

I think thats all I need

Thanks in Advance

Matt  :o

Hi Matt, are you using the Axen Air Card?

I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but I posted the DTAC GPRS/EDGE access point settings the other day, the proxy/port settings are in there somewhere. I ended up having to set up the GPRS modem settings manually on my phone, the configuration messages they sent me only set up the phones WAP browser, nothing else.

From memory I could connect to the GPRS network but couldn't browse until I entered the extra intialization string in the modem setup on the PC.

There's a map of the EDGE coverage in Bangkok on there too, if anyone's interested.

thanks for the replies,

The whole story is in the modem config.

I talked to some very nice people at DTAC, and the big story is the modem config.

you actually use "Directly Connected" option, or its derivation.

So in IE you have nothing set for proxies etc.

Here is my config for a Nokia 6600 on Bluetooth, which is how I am doing this .

AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","www.dtac.co.th"

I think the important thing is the last command, where you are looking at dtac.co.th

But its fantastic, I am now in the jungle on a 56k connection, and doing all this.

So my "qoute of the day"goes to you crushdepth

From memory I could connect to the GPRS network but couldn't browse until I entered the extra intialization string in the modem setup on the PC.

I can't agree more. Last night I had different modem settings and it was a dog, I could ping anything I like, even run a (illegal) network probe, but IE, Netscape and Firefox, wouldn't work. The change in the modem string and its a new world.

Thanks again everyone

Matt