Good Paintings/works Of Art

hill16

place on the baan tawai rd - left hand side just before you turn into tawai proper.

copies of the student stuff on walking st - but much cheaper.

or take a copy of something you like to walking street and get someone to copy it.. I got a 2.5mx2.5m version of an abstract piece using different colours to the original for 12k! It's stunning, was duplicated from a small photo and done in a week. Sadly not an original but I didn't have the spare 500K GBP to get the original so it's worked out ok for me..

Art is personal so not easy to recommend but there is a gallery opposite Toyota on Mahidol that occasionally has some excellent pieces. Don't be put off by the tiny front gallery as there is a second more spacious one out back. I'm not at home so can't give you the name but it's straight across Mahidol.

Another worth a look is La Luna down from Riverside/Brasserie.

Can anyone recommend places to look for good paintings at reasonable prices please?

Bo Sang: drive by tourist umbella factory at the entrance and look on the right hand side of the street. About 100 meters in there a shop that sells paintings. Some are good, some are not. The owner is also an artist and will paint a 3' x 4' painting of your subject for about 3000 baht.

hill16, this is the gallery I was referring to. Copied from this weeks CM Mail:

Galerie Panisa. Mahidol Road Pongdej & Srijai exhibition from November 10 until December 8. 30 pieces of art works and printing on display. For further info call 053-202-779

Also take a look in the Night Bazaar building i.e. not the street stalls but the big 3-storey mall on the west side of Chang Klan north of the new Le Meridien hotel. The best artists (various styles and media) are in the basement close to the street and then there are some smart galleries and another 3-4 artists on the top floor at the rear of the building.