Price Of Cut Bamboo?

Smithson

The only comparasion I can offer. We buy bamboo to prop up fruit trees direct from grower. We cut and transport. Do not know the type but it is closr to 10 cm, some smaller and some bigger, not picky for props. We pay 15 baht per piece which are about 5 to 6 meter in length.

The only comparasion I can offer. We buy bamboo to prop up fruit trees direct from grower. We cut and transport. Do not know the type but it is closr to 10 cm, some smaller and some bigger, not picky for props. We pay 15 baht per piece which are about 5 to 6 meter in length.

Thanks that's helpful. Is it a thick walled variety that grows very straight, with large leaves and without thorns?

One local told us they were 20B a pole, but this was a long time ago. Someone else who makes furniture says it was B200, but I think he was quoting an expensive price so it didn't look like he was making too much for his work. I think this was including transport also.

Edited by Smithson

I'm buying some bamboo direct from the grower. The variety is Pai Tong (D. Asper), poles will be 10cm diameter and 3+ years old. The grower will cut the bamboo and we will transport it from the site.

Does anyone have an idea of what is a fair price?

I hope you keep us here posted on what you finally pay and the condition of the bamboo. How long the poles are, etc. I am interested in using some in construction of a house and will be watching for your post. Good luck.

PS. do you plan to treat the poles against insects yourself? If so what will you use and how will you apply the treatment?

I hope you keep us here posted on what you finally pay and the condition of the bamboo. How long the poles are, etc. I am interested in using some in construction of a house and will be watching for your post. Good luck.

PS. do you plan to treat the poles against insects yourself? If so what will you use and how will you apply the treatment?

The poles will be about 4" in diameter and we'll be buying the full lengths, although only the lower, thicker walled sections will be used for construction. Treatment will be with a borax based solution.

I'm buying some bamboo direct from the grower. The variety is Pai Tong (D. Asper), poles will be 10cm diameter and 3+ years old. The grower will cut the bamboo and we will transport it from the site.

Mai See Sook, I think that is the name here, is around 50 baht for a 6-7metre length, it is at least 10cm diameter and transport is included, obviously not if you are buying 1 piece.

Mai See Sook, I think that is the name here, is around 50 baht for a 6-7metre length, it is at least 10cm diameter and transport is included, obviously not if you are buying 1 piece.