Certified Copies

The 888 is the one used for permanent residence, it's a supporting document that you will get all your family and friends to complete for you after 2 years in Oz.

A "stat dec" is a solemn declaration made by a person, witnessed and signed by a qualified person in the state it's made.

Use the stat decs for your family to provide evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship, dont forget to sign them in front of the JP.

The documents will have to be translated but go to an approved translation service to get this done, the embassy will provide this.

Ok, so I thought there was a specific stat dec form that must be used by my parents that is provided by immigration, but in actual fact it can be done on an ordinary piece of paper and signed by a JP. Its got me beat why in the partner migration booklet, under the stat decs info it says to use 888.

Original question, does anyone know where an accredited (NAATI) is is Bangkok?

Cheers!

Email 'em [email protected]

Who is it doc?

Bronco, it's on page 14 of the booklet,in the last paragragh of 'certified copies & English translations'. accredited by (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpraters).

Under that, is the stat decs info, and the way I read it, says to use 888, what do u think?

Ok, have got it now, the key part is "If applying in Australia", you aint in OZ so you have to use an embassy approved translation service, they have a list.

Use a Stat Dec for supporting statements from friends and rellies in Oz, it worked for me.

Edited by bronco

ok thanks, I'll try to find that list on the web site oz embassy BKK, but are you sure about the 888 form? First I sent the link to my parents in Australia of the ordinary white stat dec, which is at the top of the list, then I thought it was wrong and they needed the 888 form, because thats what is mentioned in the booklet.

I'm cofused about what form they use. What did u use when you got your stat decs done in Oz?

We only used the 888 for the Permanent Residence application and that happens 2 years after the 309 visa application date.

Read the form closely and find the difference, a stat dec does the job in my experience.

I'll try again ... [email protected] is the NAATI head office in Thailand. They'll give you a list of qualified translators in Bkk

Thanks! I heard that it is a hassle and I'm finding that out now, it's like another world and now my wife is pregnant has really thrown the spanner in the works in a race against time.

If she gets the visa after she is 7 months,(doctor said she can't fly after that) will that visa be history? Because child dependant won't be on the application/visa or would we just get the child an Oz passport?

Thanks! I heard that it is a hassle and I'm finding that out now, it's like another world and now my wife is pregnant has really thrown the spanner in the works in a race against time.

If she gets the visa after she is 7 months,(doctor said she can't fly after that) will that visa be history? Because child dependant won't be on the application/visa or would we just get the child an Oz passport?

An Aussie passport for the child sorts out your problems :o Good luck

Wife's applied for visa in early November 2002, visa granted late Feb 2003, she had untill the end of November 2003 to enter Oz.

I seems you get 9 months to enter, I would discuss this with embassy officials. :o

I have PM the name of the Company we used.

Edited by bronco