Certified Copies

In Bangkok i used Professional Translation, the translator speaks perfect English and reasonable prices some where 300 and some 500.

In Pattaya i used a law office on Soi Post Office cant remember the name but if you enter Soi off secend road its not far down on your right with black windows, again the women speaks perfect English and i think it was 400 per copy.

Hope it helps.

You might want to check with those that require that service or give more details as it could be different for different purposes. Most replies seem to think you need a translation; although that is not want you said.

When Thai say certify they normally mean to sign the copy.

You might want to check with those that require that service or give more details as it could be different for different purposes.  Most replies seem to think you need a translation; although that is not want you said.

im probably wrong but ive always thought a translation is a cerified copy??

You might want to check with those that require that service or give more details as it could be different for different purposes.  Most replies seem to think you need a translation; although that is not want you said.

The translation itself is not the certification, and the transaltion bureaus cannot do this for you. The certification is when someone with the right authority signs it to declare that it is valid. In the case of a certified photocopy it is to say that the copy is the same as the original. In the case of a translation, it is to say that the translation is an accurate translation. If you want a Thai-to-english document certified you would probably take it to your embassy. If you want an english-to-thai document certified there is some thai government department that does it - i believe it's called ministry of foreign affairs.

The translation itself is not the certification, and the transaltion bureaus cannot do this for you. The certification is when someone with the right authority signs it to declare that it is valid. In the case of a certified photocopy it is to say that the copy is the same as the original. In the case of a translation, it is to say that the translation is an accurate translation. If you want a Thai-to-english document certified you would probably take it to your embassy. If you want an english-to-thai document certified there is some thai government department that does it - i believe it's called ministry of foreign affairs.

Thanks for the help! Your right, I was enquiring about getting her (Ex: birth certificate, ID or any certs she might have, stamped & signed by Thai's version of a JP or commissioner). In Aus, I always get a JP to do it, so what do they do here?

There are heaps of translators around Sathorn Rd, I went to one near US embassy when I got married.

Do I have to fill one out about our relationship history? Because it mentions that I have to write a statement (if so, I can get it signed by the consulate). I was talking about family and friends in Australia, I sent that link to them to download and fill out. Do they get theirs signed by a JP?

He appears to be doing for Oz. It seems he needs these certifications for Thai documents to satisfy Oz immigration (or whatever they are called) so if you do not have the information would suggest he contact Embassy for advise.

If they have to be translated and legal for international use it may require registration with the MFA as done with permission to marry paperwork. Or maybe just a visit to Embassy. Or just a signature by person concerned. Or a lawyers seal. I don't know. :o

I'm Australian and I'm in Thailand with my wife and we are currently getting our application for a spouse visa together. I need some help with the previous questions and trying to source out some info about how to do this right.

We have been planning to go to Oz for a while now, but we recently discovered that my wife is pregnant, now we need to speed it up in hopes of getting the visa in time, before she can't fly. I know some say forget it, but many have recieved their visa quickly and I'm hoping to as well. Another thing I'm worried about is if we get the visa too late, then I might loose 40,000 bt and have to apply again so that the application includes our child, unless we get him/her an Aus passport.

Sorry, actually this has turned into a few questions now. Any advice that can help me going in their with the right documents or any important tips (Iv'e read some of Bronco's tips on other posts,that have helped) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

In that booklet, they advise where to obtain overseas certified copies, but they are all Australian missions. IMy documents are being signed in Oz and sent to me. As for my wife's documents, we will get them translated, but not certified because nobody seems to understand what I mean by certified, then if the officer gives us a name or a place to get them certified, we will go there & get her docs stamed & signed.

Bronco, on the link for Aus forms, there form 888 and that's the one my parents will use, but what is the stat dec at the top of the list used for? (it's white with instructions).

Thanks

The 888 is the one used for permanent residence, it's a supporting document that you will get all your family and friends to complete for you after 2 years in Oz.

A "stat dec" is a solemn declaration made by a person, witnessed and signed by a qualified person in the state it's made.

Use the stat decs for your family to provide evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship, dont forget to sign them in front of the JP.

The documents will have to be translated but go to an approved translation service to get this done, the embassy will provide this.

The 888 is the one used for permanent residence, it's a supporting document that you will get all your family and friends to complete for you after 2 years in Oz.

A "stat dec" is a solemn declaration made by a person, witnessed and signed by a qualified person in the state it's made.

Use the stat decs for your family to provide evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship, dont forget to sign them in front of the JP.

The documents will have to be translated but go to an approved translation service to get this done, the embassy will provide this.

Australian diplomats can witness at the Embassy or Consulates.

Ok, so I thought there was a specific stat dec form that must be used by my parents that is provided by immigration, but in actual fact it can be done on an ordinary piece of paper and signed by a JP. Its got me beat why in the partner migration booklet, under the stat decs info it says to use 888.

Original question, does anyone know where an accredited (NAATI) is is Bangkok?

Cheers!

Ok, so I thought there was a specific stat dec form that must be used by my parents that is provided by immigration, but in actual fact it can be done on an ordinary piece of paper and signed by a JP. Its got me beat why in the partner migration booklet, under the stat decs info it says to use 888.

Original question, does anyone know where an accredited (NAATI) is is Bangkok?

Cheers!

Email 'em [email protected]