Cooked Turkey For Xmas

vegas

I know a lot of places like Foodland, Villa etc offer cooked turkey for xmas so has anybody had any good luck in the past? 2 years ago I bought a turkey from the Sheraton and while the turkey was ok, the stuffing smelt and tasted like vomit so we had to run out and buy the Aussie packet stuff. I like Bourbon Street, but not sure if they make take away turkeys.

You can order your Christmas turkeys HERE

Or here Buy a turkey now, buy a turkey now, buy a turkey now !!

If you don't like it, then don't pay it any attention. We all know who are the sponsors of TV are and it's no big secret that they get to promote their services via this medium as well.

Regarding the particular post you mention, did you notice that it wasn't the advertiser that posted it?

So why do you have to eat Turkey just at christmas time ? I guess it is your tradition as well it is where I come from, I never ever had any turkey at christmas at all you just get ripped of I buy the turkey when ever I like to eat it. :o

I think any housewife or man having to prepare the big bird would brake out in a panik attack, reading your statement .... making Turkey once a year causes most housewifes more than enough stress -first it takes up half the average refrigerator while defrosting for 2 Day's ... than do not forget to take out the plastic bags ( there are 2 and while most manage to take out one, the second one is often forgotten which ends in desaster) - now the large bird needs to be roasted in a much too small an oven for hours, basted every 20 minutes and again, her/his horror ist that it may burn or dry out or even worse not being cooked through, resulting in a family visit to the local Hospital on Christmas day evening - statistics show a dramatic increase in salmonella poisening over Christmas due to Turkey's not being completely cooked through.

And you want them to cook it any time over a year ?

I think the tradition of eating Turkey at Thanksgiving or Christmas comes from the oldern days when there was no meat on the table most days and to have this huge bird, nicely browned and full of meat on the table enhanced the festive atmosphaere and was a matter of pride to Dad, who usually would carve the bird and hand out to his family .... I think in all a really nice custom that shouldn't be put aside like most old traditions are .... think about it, thanks to Muppet politicians one can't even say Christmas anymore in the UK since it might offend Muslims and other none christian religions .. a lod of <deleted>

I still do like Christmas even though it is obviously not the same living in BKK with 30C outside but I do like those qute Thai girls waering those santa outfits in the malls :D

John

Edited by JohnBKKK

So why do you have to eat Turkey just at christmas time ? I guess it is your tradition as well it is where I come from, I never ever had any turkey at christmas at all you just get ripped of I buy the turkey when ever I like to eat it. :o

In my family, by tradition, preparing the turkey et. al. -- and all the labor that goes into it -- is kind of a holiday gift the preparer gives to their other family members. My grandmother used to fix it when I was a kid, then my father (since my Mom was a lousy cook), then me in later years before I moved to Thailand. Kind of a family tradition that gets passed along to each generation.

As food, I like turkey for eating also, anytime. But if you're fixing it throughout the year, then, somehow, what you do at Thanksgiving and Christmas becomes less of a special occasion. That's probably why we don't, generally speaking.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to cook a turkey at least once a month .... don't be afraid to give it a go... just debone the breast's and leg's then season and roll them. it only takes an hour or so to cook... if you have trouble with them drying out just lay a few strips of bacon on top and they will be self basting.

Or make up a herb and garlic butter, run your fingers between the skin and the meat to form a pocket then rub your butter mix under the skin.

Skin is designed to both keep thing out and hold moisture in so it is always better if you can get your flavors under the skin...... make great tasting sandwiches too.

If your not sure how to debone a turkey give it a go with a Chicken first,

"Never be afraid of your ingredients.. or they will know.. and miss-behave" Fergus Henderson