Stockmarket Trading, Forex, Commodities.

See the debt crisis was partially averted according to BBC newsfeed but then rejected in Senate.

I guess they have Monday to compromise or meltdown on Tuesday.....

To date have been surprised how well FTSE and Dax have held up (famous last words...)

Opening time Sunday night will be interesting..

Out of market completely but noticed Gold advanced another 10 Dollars yesterday.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rare for me to sit on the fence. Tend to always go with Gut instinct.

Friday I advocated a long trade on the Dax and sit on it over weekend.Didn't take the option. Clearly in anticipation of the US debt crisis being averted Dax promptly opens up 85 points-Gold down 15 Dollars. Sure could drop but would have been well closed by now.

Wall st up 180 as I type.

Missed that one Chivas !!!

Mixed day to say the least monday-missed the weekend trade I'd advocated and watched the Dax rise subsequently nearly 150 points and yet it ended the day some 200 points down !! FTSE which normally tracks the Dax decided not to for once and little damage done there.

Awaiting debt vote in US as I type.

Mixed day to say the least monday-missed the weekend trade I'd advocated and watched the Dax rise subsequently nearly 150 points and yet it ended the day some 200 points down !! FTSE which normally tracks the Dax decided not to for once and little damage done there.

Awaiting debt vote in US as I type.

Have entered some trades buying USD, reason for buying was if everyone is thinking the US is going to default then any positive news should create a short rally on the dollar. thats what happened.. Ended up on the right side amongst all the vollitily. Had another nice trade on GBPCHF sell for 300 ish pips.

I don't trust the charts 100% at present as i feel Market Makers etc are pushing prices around. Look at the moved down to intraday support. Now we are consolidating. Look at yesterdays daily range, Dragon 400 pips, Cable 200, Euro 250, USDJPY 160 they are resonable ranges and until these ranges are broken its good practice to practice patience. Watch gold and the US Index for some direction and don't listen to CNBC.

Line in the sand.

I have been short cable from 1.6435 yesterday. I have also entered a sell at 1.6294 today. The line in the sand on the sell side is there needs to be a positive close below 1.6253 intraday support and resistance being, at short term say entry 1,6294 (entry) and 1.6340. there are some numbers to work from.

Also entered a sell on dragon at 125.94, view to hold 1 week plus big stop at 128.40 hence the position being .3 1lot. =30,000

Line in the sand.

I have been short cable from 1.6435 yesterday. I have also entered a sell at 1.6294 today. The line in the sand on the sell side is there needs to be a positive close below 1.6253 intraday support and resistance being, at short term say entry 1,6294 (entry) and 1.6340. there are some numbers to work from.

Also entered a sell on dragon at 125.94, view to hold 1 week plus big stop at 128.40 hence the position being .3 1lot. =30,000

cable close not confirmed till 1 hr candle close. , now waiting

Paulo1

Am on slow connection and it wont run.

Briefly what did it say ??

Do you believe the Dax and FTSE are worthy of a small long entry at this time ??

Hard to believe how far Dax has fallen.

Sat monitoring debt crisis overnight and when its done and dusted it promptly dropped another 100 points.

Am I missing something here !! Going to wait till official opening time and open £5 Long with fairly wide stop.

Paulo1

Am on slow connection and it wont run.

Briefly what did it say ??

Do you believe the Dax and FTSE are worthy of a small long entry at this time ??

Hard to believe how far Dax has fallen.

Sat monitoring debt crisis overnight and when its done and dusted it promptly dropped another 100 points.

Am I missing something here !! Going to wait till official opening time and open £5 Long with fairly wide stop.

It not that worth watching, just about coming global crash that we are already aware of.

DAX broke primary support at 7000 on the weekly chart and is now testing its earlier support level at 6500 — breach of that would be the final nail in the coffin, and the FTSE broke through 5600 after breaking support at 5650, confirming a primary downtrend in play.

This is great if you are a seller.

Your post of Gold onwards and above 1650 to 1700 is still very much on the cards...

and beyond, the way the US Government is acting is setting the globe up for a huge financial crisis. When the eagle weakens, a power will arise with the morning sun, beware of the dragon. Someone wrote something like that yrs ago.

Atleast i am not a swed in thailand.

Last night Japan intervened in the currency markets and sold one trillion yen ($12.5 billion), The Bank of Japan cut short its scheduled two-day meeting that started on Thursday to announce the easing of policy. It left its benchmark rate steady at 0-0.1 percent. This central bank action followed days of official warnings that the yen had risen so much that it threatened to derail Japan's recovery from the destruction by the March 11 earthquake, a deadly tsunami and an ensuing nuclear crisis.

No gloating now, The Dow Jones down 512 points overnight. The bill tabled in the Senate represents a semblance of a goverment that is all about political posturing to ensure the right party gets in next term. (read Obama whats his name ?)

Seems the U.S.A goverment is not worried about the wealth or lack thereof whilst the Yuan and /Asia production and currencies will evntually catch have overtaken the mighty dollar.

Not to sound negative BTW but it looks like a double dip reccession is coming on.China gets a cold and the rest get the flu.

Where to next., Gold as a prime currency.

Considered myself lucky to end the week down 163 points at £5 mainly via Dax and Ftse.

Could have been substantially worse as Dax ended around 900 points down from high of the week.

Entered a speculative long trade on Dax at £10 and holding over weekend expecting a bounce on market reopening Sunday night.

Opening will be interesting all round.. Major techincal levels have been smashed.

S&P May 2011 high 1370 will most likely not be broken but i expect a move higher this coming week.

Here comes QE3

Still hold my view Gold and Silver is due for a correction, possible $100-$150 on gold. Macro view bullish and buy entries should be made on the next correction.

USD is oversold and will be looking at for buy signals. Macro view, the pesso be worth more.

All of the above is pending price action at important s/r zones.

Edited by Paulo1

this could be good for Thailand's rice farmers

Rice in Tokyo Gains on Radiation Concern

Rice futures in Tokyo surged in their first trading on the bourse since 1939, triggering a suspension of trade, on concern radiation from the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant may spread to crops and curb supply.

No deals were concluded on the Tokyo Grain Exchange after prices hit 18,500 yen per 60 kilograms from the opening, compared with the bourse’s reference price of 13,500 yen. The surge triggered trade to be suspended.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-08/rice-in-tokyo-gains-after-seven-decade-halt.html

this could be good for Thailand's rice farmers

Rice in Tokyo Gains on Radiation Concern

Rice futures in Tokyo surged in their first trading on the bourse since 1939, triggering a suspension of trade, on concern radiation from the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant may spread to crops and curb supply.

No deals were concluded on the Tokyo Grain Exchange after prices hit 18,500 yen per 60 kilograms from the opening, compared with the bourse's reference price of 13,500 yen. The surge triggered trade to be suspended.

http://www.bloomberg...ecade-halt.html

Good find.

Don't like trying to catch falling knives, but FTSE and WTI both at 38.2% fib big gap down on WTI and up on gold so decided to open some swingers, long FTSE 5146, oil 8350 and short gold from 1705.

http://imageshack.us...ftse100dfb.png/

Hope you did not get too punished on those trades. I am expecting a bounce in the direction of your trades, but not just yet after yesterdays price action anyway.

Trades i am looking at today for entry.<BR><BR>CHFJPY sell limit, as yesterday. 130.00 zone <BR><BR>Still holding GBPJPY from yesterdays sell entry. (Sold gbpjpy @127.93 stop moved to 127.86 , no profit taking yet, current price 127.60. ) <BR><BR>Current Gy price 126.59 stop 127.050. holding plus 87 pips at stop.<BR><BR>Still in NZDUSD from last week. entry 8264 total 477 pips.<BR><BR>added sell at 8623. plus 100 on that 577 pips total at present.<BR><BR>Chart attached.<BR><BR>Scalp trades taken on 15 minute chart.<BR> I don't post the signals here. also hold a sell on USDCHF from 7577 current price 7543 long term target 7100<BR><BR>See attachment<BR><BR><BR>GOLD ?????

post-49444-0-93553100-1312844635_thumb.g

post-49444-0-85459800-1312844953_thumb.p

Edited by Paulo1