Tiger Airways Hidden Charge

CuttySark

hi all ..

one question regarding tiger airways ...

they just sent a mail that they changed flight time of my flight.

this flight does not match with my connecting flight.

they have a button in that mail and they ask me to click on it.

this button says "click here if you are still flying with us".

this sounds like there would an option to cancel this flight.

is that possible?

does anybody habe information about that?

and if its possible, will the total ticket fare be refunded?

CALL THEM - you should get a full refund in this case.

i called them and they said i can not get refund. because they never refund any payments ...

• 1 month later...

hi all ...

i did not use the flight because the changed the time ... the change was 4 hours and 5 minutes ... according to their policy they refund if change is more than 4 hours ... i told them that i would like to get refund, but they ignore my mails.

is there a special mail address which i should use for this matter?

what wou you recommend to do now?

• 11 months later...

Air Asia is also starting to charge the "convenience fee"....the last time I booked about a month ago from KL, the charge appeared but I recall it was about 5ringgit or 50 baht. I do not remember them charging for this before this. However, it is all revealed and totalled up before you actually click on the point-of-no-return or PAY button.

^Beat me too it.

Yes, Air Asia is also charging a 'convenience' fee to book with a credit card. If memory serves, it's 50 baht per flight, per passenger. So two round trip tickets will cost 200 baht more.

By the way, they also charge a fee to buy the tickets at the airport--in cash.

Granted these fees aren't for significant amounts, but they are off putting.

Ever book a Tiger Airways ticket?

1. Select the ticket price - (this is OK)

2. The system adds other charges like Tax, Fuel, etc - (OK, all airlines does that)

3. Ask you to enter all <deleted> details - (I hope I can charge the airlines for doing their work. As a revenge, I always put stupid PASSPORT # and EXP DATE just to annoy them at check-in, like A000000 01-Jan-1900)

4. Prompt you to buy/decline seat / bags - (Don't like this approach, but I still can accpect this)

5. Final price is show and you are happy about it - (OK let's go to payment)

6. SUDDENLY A FEW HUNDREDS SUDDENLY APPEARS WITHOUT WARNING OR EXPLANATION

If you dig real hard, that's the CONVINIENT FEE for using your credit card

My question is, Who's CONVINENCE? Theirs or mine?

http://www.catscity.com.my/modules/newbb/v...397&start=0

http://tigerairways-warning.com/page10.php...&category=1

http://comment.straitstimes.com/showthread.php?t=2321

http://www.xin.sg/yourviews/story.php?comment=85521

Tiger Airways is notorious for trying to outsmart the customer. It is probably a "Singaporean" trait (Uniquely Singapore) except in this case the top man at Tiger is a Scotsman!

When the THB700 airport tax at Suvarnabhumi was first announced, it was included in the total price of the ticket by Jetstar and Thai Air Asia, Tiger Airways chose to remain silent about it (to make its fare look cheaper) but surprised the passenger at the airport with collection of the THB700 airport tax.

The latest trick to outsmart its customers is at the Budget terminal in Singapore. At check-in they pretend to be unconcerned about the carry-on bags you have. But at the entrance of the departure hall you are directed through a "luggage check" corridor (shielded from the outside) where a waiting Tiger Airways staff will weigh your bags...and levy an excess baggage charge. Very clever Singaporeans/Scotsman (probably Singaporeanized by now)!

Btw, Tiger tells you its cheaper to use the Budget terminal at Singapore. They mean its cheaper for them, not you.

Nothing is too petty at Tiger Airways. They have made it an art of outsmarting you.

You're spot on. Tiger tries to outsmart the consumer. A typical Singapore-run company. They got hidden fees. You will see a lot of misleading advertising of their part. Air Asia is guilty of this too mind you. The best I find is Jetstar Asia. Return Bangkok-Singapore-Bangkok = around 4.500 Baht - sometimes more somestimes less. But you can get bargains with them if you book ahead. Got my return ticket in a special sale for 2350 Baht (SG$ 99)

Tiger has no tel number in case of emergency nor do they have an office at Changi whereas Jetstar Asia does have a contact number and helpful staff at Changi.

I have flown Tiger twice and Thai Air Asia once. I don't like airlines that try to outsmart their customers through misleading ads etc. so now, I fly Jetstar ONLY.

Edited by Flow

Tiger change their schedule (not you).

You have the right to full refund.

You may need to show proof that their change has casued to miss a connection.

Don't give in.

Right. Once jetstar changed their schedule. They called me up 48 hours ahead of my flight. I was given a full refund.

Don't give in with Tiger and get a full refund!