Mexican Food

MyphuketLife

Any one know where to get GOOD mexican food in Phuket, Patong, Kata, Karon, anywhere on the island? I mean good mexican food with real sour creme not some watered down yellow looking paste?

I seem to remember that Karon Cafe had great Sour Cream with their baked potatoes. Maybe their Mexican branch down the street, The Cantina, also has Sour Cream .... but I've never rated their Mexican food .. :o

Nai Harn has a place.

Sai Yuan has a place.

Patong has a place.

Kata has a place.

If you came to Thailand in search of Mexican Food, may I suggest going to ALL of them and reporting back to us.

We will be here waiting for said report.

Half the fun of dining out, IS TRYING SH!T FOR YOURSELF!!! :o:D:D

As far as Sour Cream. Go to Don's and get your own, and bring it with you, because as a Texan, I am quite fond of Mexican Food, and Sour Cream at Don's Supermarket is as good as it gets.

He also does really good hala-peen-yo's. :D (Pronounced JA-LAP-PANO'S) in LOS!!

chairs!!

todd

(todd has been drinking) :D

Hey lady!...One for me, and one for SIRBURR!!!! (HICK-UP!!!)

I don't understand the love for tex-mex food.

Potato wedges loaded with cheese and bacon, beef cooked in abominable ways, fajitas and tacos loaded with all sorts of garbage and tamales that are really little different from the sticky rice in a bamboo stalk?

Might as well go to KFC and eat their crap. Tex-Mex is not a cuisine, it is an indulgence, and a very unhealthy one at that.

Throw in a jalapeno and it is automatically 'tex-mex' or 'mexican'. ridiculous.

Nai Harn has a place.

Sai Yuan has a place.

Patong has a place.

Kata has a place.

If you came to Thailand in search of Mexican Food, may I suggest going to ALL of them and reporting back to us.

We will be here waiting for said report.

Half the fun of dining out, IS TRYING SH!T FOR YOURSELF!!! :o:D:D

As far as Sour Cream. Go to Don's and get your own, and bring it with you, because as a Texan, I am quite fond of Mexican Food, and Sour Cream at Don's Supermarket is as good as it gets.

He also does really good hala-peen-yo's. :D (Pronounced JA-LAP-PANO'S) in LOS!!

chairs!!

todd

(todd has been drinking) :D

Hey lady!...One for me, and one for SIRBURR!!!! (HICK-UP!!!)

I have lived here for 4 years, so no i did not come to Thailand to eat mexican food. And I have tried several "mexican" places that taste like shit, so I came to the forum to ask "hey any one know of a good one?".....

I have lived here for 4 years, so no i did not come to Thailand to eat mexican food. And I have tried several "mexican" places that taste like shit, so I came to the forum to ask "hey any one know of a good one?".....

I guess we all assumed you were a newbie to Thailand given your brand new membership. You might be the one to give us tips about Mexican eateries. Welcome to the Forum.

Potato wedges loaded with cheese and bacon, beef cooked in abominable ways, fajitas and tacos loaded with all sorts of garbage and tamales that are really little different from the sticky rice in a bamboo stalk?

Might as well go to KFC and eat their crap. Tex-Mex is not a cuisine, it is an indulgence, and a very unhealthy one at that.

I didn't ask about tex-mex, I asked about mexican food. But thats not the point, I asked "hey know where to get GOOD mexican food" and your "usefull reply" is "is not a cuisine, it is an indulgence, and a very unhealthy one at that" If I wanted motherly advice on my eating habbits I would call her, but thanks for trying to fill her role!

Slack is probably from the Island. Deep Fried Fish, Curries, and K-Bob's. The true (healthy) gourmet food. Tex-Mex is a more flavorful side of Mexican food with influence by Texas and Cali. Mexican food is a bit more mild and basic, but is delicious and nutritious.

The Best Mexican food I have found in Thailand is in Pattaya on Soi 6. Otherwise, my favorite Mexican food is in Nai Harn, next to the lake, just before the turn off to Proem Tep Cape (sp). There is a fabulous little French place next door. Both spots are worth a look.

The Refried Beans are great, and the Sour Cream, Guac, Pico de Gallo and Chips are fantastic.

I rec. the fajitas!

via' con dios!

todd

Quote "

The Best Mexican food I have found in Thailand is in Pattaya on Soi 6. "

You are trying to tell us that you went down Soi 6 Pattaya to eat Mexican.

Well thats the first time I've heard that excuse.

I used to run an authentic Mexican restaurant in NZ and the amount of times we had obese obnoxious Texans going on about how this isn't as good as Tex-Mex blah blah.

Another type of food the sepos have ruined and turned it into fast food junk

Well, not all of us are desperate old men.

Some, happen to go to Pattaya for other things besides young rental properties.

Maybe it wasn't soi 6, but it was near it.

Excuse?

What in the world is Authentic about New Zealand anyway? And how on Earth could you call your restaurant "Authentic"? Are you Mexican? Your wife maybe? Where did you "download" your recipies?

I am sure it was great for Kiwi's who had never been outside of NZ, but you had first hand experienced fat Texans telling you it was no good? That would probably mean it sucked. Kiwi's know Mexican food like Mexicans know .....ummm.... I am at a loss for an example of Kiwi food. Oh Yeah.....like Mexicans know Kiwi Fruits.

Obese Texans know Mexican Food. How do you think they got obese? Eating Kiwi Fruit? You should have listened to the Texans, maybe you would still be OPEN.

And please, What is a Sepo? Is that some made up word from NZ?

todd

No, it's been subverted from Cockney rhyming slang.

The original Cockney rhyming slang words for an American was "Sherman tank" as it rhymes with Yank.

It's now been changed over the decades to "Septic tank", shortened to Septic, then changed to Seppo.

It's a very mild insult.

well at least you solved the mystery of why there is such a growing obesity problem in mexico and USA occupied Mexico aka Texas. :o

?

I have always enjoyed 'Sala Mexicala' On viset road near the big petrol station on your way to Chalong from Rawai. Steering away from mexican food, there are some great Idian restraunts to be tried in Phuket.

Yep, I just noticed they are back open. if they have the same cook, the Mexican food there is good.

I find Indian food to be overpriced....

It's a very mild insult.

Sort of along the same lines as "Limey", when all the Brits used to stave off scurvy by sucking limes....

Limes smell good. Septic tanks don't! :o

Made the analogy to the "mild insult" part.

Huggy Bear, try the idian restraunt on the Rawai Beach front Rd. Big yellow sign and it just says Idian Cuisine, Near the new mini mart. Best i have tried, and not over priced at all.

Will do, thank you !

Whats an idian thought this thread was about Mexican the best is Mikes Mexican on Soi Diva Patong and i am Not an invester just a very happy customer