Oklahoma Law

This is not really a joke. There was a news item a few days ago on BBC about a longstanding law in Oklahoma that allows householders to kill burglars entering their homes without fear of prosecution. The law is known as the 'Make my day' law. Apparently, there was a concern after the law was passed that some people might use the law by inviting their enemies around for a drink at their house and then killing them. Only in America.

This is not really a joke. There was a news item a few days ago on BBC about a longstanding law in Oklahoma that allows householders to kill burglars entering their homes without fear of prosecution.  The law is known as the 'Make my day' law.  Apparently, there was a concern after the law was passed that some people might use the law by inviting their enemies around for a drink at their house and then killing them. Only in America.

:o Or LOS

This is not really a joke. There was a news item a few days ago on BBC about a longstanding law in Oklahoma that allows householders to kill burglars entering their homes without fear of prosecution.  The law is known as the 'Make my day' law.  Apparently, there was a concern after the law was passed that some people might use the law by inviting their enemies around for a drink at their house and then killing them. Only in America.

:o Or LOS

I don't see what is so strange about being able to use deadly force to protect yourself and your family in your own home. Most US states would not prosecute. I think most just don't have such an explicit law. Instead falls under right of self defence. Any use of deadly force will be investigated by police. I doubt "inviting their enemies around for a drink at their house and then killing them" would fool anybody. It's not like if someone steals your stereo you can go to their house and shoot them. They must present a clear and present danger.