Adsl Splitter

astral

I hope to have adsl up and running next week, but I am not sure where to fit the adsl splitter.

The house has one line in, but that already splits to every room in the house.

I only want to use the computer in one room.

A. Should I put the splitter on the socket in the room with the computer.

B Split the line as soon as it enters the house

I read that the splitter provides a termination the line and makes for better data transmission,

therefore my guess is B is the better option.

Any advice welcome

Thanks

I just have a double adaptor at the main telephone entry point, then run an extension lead upstairs which plugs into the ADSL splitter stuck on the back of my computer desk. Works fine.

Is it faster/slower than splitting it where the line enters the house? No idea, but wouldn't the other way mean you have to use an additional extension lead? It would for me.

I hope to have adsl up and running next week, but I am not sure where to fit the adsl splitter.

A.  Should I put the splitter on the socket in the room with the computer.

B    Split the line as soon as it enters the house

I read that the splitter provides a termination the line and makes for better data transmission,

Any advice welcome

Thanks

I'm in the same situation as you. You need to put the splitter in the room with the computer. If you have additional telephones around the house, you need to buy additional splitters at each telephone. Apparently, you can do it with one splitter, but that would mean you would have to have the splitter outside, before the line into your house, and then have a long cable to your computer. I decided to buy additional splitters.

The way I do it is remove the current line from the lightning box and run a new line from there directly to computer desk (that provided a new direct line with no loss for your computer). At computer desk have the filter/splitter, and if you do not need phone a computer just run the phone jack from filter direct to wall phone jack and all normal phones in house can be used. If you need phone at computer just use a two outlet adapter from filter or at wall.

Other way is to use a filter at each phone to remove the ADSL noise. You can buy extras at computer stores or from phone company.

A.  Should I put the splitter on the socket in the room with the computer.

B    Split the line as soon as it enters the house

Any advice welcome

Thanks

I'm in the same situation as you. You need to put the splitter in the room with the computer. If you have additional telephones around the house, you need to buy additional splitters at each telephone. Apparently, you can do it with one splitter, but that would mean you would have to have the splitter outside, before the line into your house, and then have a long cable to your computer. I decided to buy additional splitters.

Thanks.

I already have a separate cable from the box outside to the computer, so it is not

a great hassle to put the splitter where the cable comes in.

It just means going up in the loft to get to the cables.

At 270 baht a splitter, it will cost quite a bit to put one in each room, there are 7 outlets around the place.