Dogs Banned From Beach?

melbat

about them two of us got a hold of them one morning and snapped both their necks. Problem solved.

Umm, something is wrong with that statement. if you were able to grab hold of them and kill them so easily, then it indicates that the dogs were gentle and not aggressive. If so, that makes you one seriously disturbed violent individual. If I am not mistaken, Australia does have a functioning judiciary including police and animal control agencies. A law abiding citizen would have reported the situation to the authorities not decided that he was the law.

Ok, so initial statement was most likely mularkey, but now I'm worried there may be a loonie walking about snapping dog's heads because he deems it to be acceptable. Maybe I should organize the locals to grab some torches and pitchforks and set out on a search for him, just in case. :o

Please read the post again Sir. The animals were behaving in a highly agresssive and threatening manner to the users of the beach and on numerous occaisions and were not easy to subdue. The owner had been approached on many occasions by different people and asked to either modify their behaviour or to ensure that they did not come to the beach again. This is a tight knit family orientated beachside community that looks after its own problems when the overworked and under-resourced animal control and other agencies are unable to. ( animal patrol hours are 7am to 5pm, outside of the hours that the dogs were being let run amok and which the owner knew and was taking advantage of) The decision to take the action was not made by one person or indeed just 2 or 3 and most of the people involved hold working positions within the community that are of a "community relations" or public service type . I am comfortable with the actions taken. Sorry if my post offends you. Guess it is just how some things are sorted out down here in red neck land. Have a great day inyour part of the world.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no god, stop blaming everything on him. Most people on here have seen or know my DOGS.

They are HARMLESS. I was KIDDING!...

Oh, OK - I thought you were being serious! I guess a few smileys would've got the tone of your post across. :D

Anyway, I hope they stay friendly and harmless, but I would still not leave them alone with very young kids because kids can do some really silly things to animals and get them riled.

Hmm, so I wonder what beach you go to now ... :o

:D

Yes. I am here in Bakersfield with my :D GP's for Turkey Day. Then I am off to Phuket. My DOGS are with my family in Phuket.

They really are harmless, and I go to KATA Beach. I rarely bring both of my DOGS at the same time because they will chase down Soi Dogs when they are together, but alone, they just hang around me.

We run from North to south and back, and then swim and play. We try to go early in the AM to avoid the T.G.'s.

I don't bring them after 10:00am because people automatically associate them to maulers or killers.

And to the user that said he wouldn't poop his pants? :o I would give you 1000 dollars if you would walk into my yard, and not do so, sir.

I am sure you are a brave man, but ......... :D:D:D

~A~

Yes. I am here in Bakersfield with my :D GP's for Turkey Day. Then I am off to Phuket. My DOGS are with my family in Phuket.

They really are harmless, and I go to KATA Beach. I rarely bring both of my DOGS at the same time because they will chase down Soi Dogs when they are together, but alone, they just hang around me.

We run from North to south and back, and then swim and play. We try to go early in the AM to avoid the T.G.'s.

I don't bring them after 10:00am because people automatically associate them to maulers or killers.

And to the user that said he wouldn't poop his pants? :o I would give you 1000 dollars if you would walk into my yard, and not do so, sir.

~A~

People associate them with maulers or killers because they have a tendency to be maulers or killers. No problem with you having them locked up in your house.

Many people don't trust animals like this, so they should be kept off the beach. It sounds like you are being sensible keeping them off the busy beach, so fair play.

~A~

People associate them with maulers or killers because they have a tendency to be maulers or killers. No problem with you having them locked up in your house.

Many people don't trust animals like this, so they should be kept off the beach. It sounds like you are being sensible keeping them off the busy beach, so fair play.

Me, I just love to read news stories about those they-were-always-so-gentle pits and rots suddenly mauling to death kids of their owner's family. Not nice for me to admit to this schadenfreude, I know!

Canine homicides USA: July 2006 to present

July 2006

On July 27th, 71-year-old Ms. Jimmie May McConnell was in her yard in Kansas City, Kan., when a pit bull jumped over her fence and killed her.

Earlier in the month, 3-year-old Mariah Puga of Hargill, Texas, was killed by her parents pit bulls.

October 2006

On October 8, 2006, 44-year-old Jeannine Fusco was killed in Ramapo, NY, by a pit bull that she was taking care of for a friend

On October 28, 2006, 40-year-old Tim McCurry of Montgomery County, TX, was killed by a pit bull that he was considering buying for home protection.

November 2006

On November 4, one-year-old Allen L. Young died after he was mauled at home by his dad's four pit bulls, which took the boy from his bed at night.

On November 8, a pit bull was found eating the body of Richard Adams, in Phenix City, Alabama, after it killed him.

January 2007

In San Antonio, TX, 10-year-old Amber Jones was fatally attacked by a neighbor's pit bull on January 12, 2007. She previously had played with the dog.

April 2007

In Charleston, South Carolina, 2-year-old Brian Palmer was mauled to death by the family pit bull. The boy had been left alone in the house with the dog and the boy's brothers, the oldest of whom was 16.

May 2007

On May 13th, Celestino Rangel, a 90-year-old man in San Antonio, Texas, was killed by two pit bulls that had broken into his home and attacked him.

On May 17th, in Memphis, Tennessee, 59-year-old James Chapple, Jr., whose brutal injuries and hospital-bed testimony helped to repeal the "one bite rule" in that state, died from complications of those injuries, which were incurred earlier in the year and were also inflicted by pit bulls.

Also on May 26, 71-year-old Carshena Benjamin of Collier County, Florida, was killed by pit bulls.

July 2007

On July 29, 2007, a 6-month-old pit bull in Bath, New York, killed 6-year-old Sabin Jones-Abbott of Steuben County, New York. The boy had been feeding the dog minutes before the attack.

August 2007

On August 16, 2007, 7-year-old Zachary King Jr. of Minneapolis, MN, was killed by his family's pit bull

On August 31, 2007, 6-year-old Scott Warren of Dallas was killed by his family's pet pit bull

October 2007

On October 3, 2007, Tina Marie Canterbury, 42, of Middleburg, Florida, was mauled to death by the two pit bulls which she had raised from the time they were puppies.

November 2007

On November 6, 2007, 11-year-old Seth Lovitt was running through his own home when his parents' pit bull jumped off a couch and mauled the child to death. This happened in Killeen, Texas.

On November 12, 2007, 21-year-old Jennifer Lowe of Knox County, Tennessee, died after she was mauled by pit bulls at the residence of a friend.

December 2007

On December 13, 2007, Holden Jernigan, 2 years old, was mauled to death in his grandmother's back yard by her male pit bull.

December 17, 2007, 77-year-old Blanche Broduer was attacked and killed in Clayton, Georgia, by a pit bull in the home that the victim was house-sitting

January 2008

On January 20, 2008, 24-year-old Kelli Chapman of Longville, Louisiana, was killed by her two pit bulls.

May 2008

On May 18, 2008, Tanner Joshua Monk of Breckenridge, Stephens County, Texas, was mauled by two pit bulls, resulting in his death.

June 2008

Pablo Hernandez (aka Pablo Lopez), 5, of Hidalgo County, Texas, was mauled to death by a pit bull on June 18, 2008.

July 2008

On July 22, 2008, Tony Evans Jr., a 3-year-old boy from Jackson, Mississippi, was playing with friends across the street from his home. The house had a carport where a pit bull was chained. The dog dragged the boy into its doghouse and killed him.

August 2008

Six-year-old Isis Krieger of Anchorage, Alaska, was mauled by her parents' pit bull on August 12, 2008, and perished on August 18, 2008.

Robert Howard, 38, of Detroit, Michigan, was killed by a pit bull outside his home. The dog was attacking a female neighbor's dog and was threatening to go after the woman. Howard came out of his house to stop the attack. The pit bull bit him in the calf and ripped out the arteries, causing the man to bleed to death on the spot.

Henry Piotrowski, 90 years old, of Staten Island, New York, was mauled by two pit bulls on July 1, 2008, and died on August 17, 2008. One of his legs had to be amputated, and he had been in the hospital since the attack

September 2008

On September 4, 2008, Luna McDaniel, 83, of Ville Platte, Louisiana, died as a result of being mauled by 3 pit bulls on August 24, 2008.

On September 12, 2008, Cenedi Kia Carey, a 4-month-old girl, was fatally mauled by her family's two pit bulls in their North Las Vegas home. The child was in a stroller and being watched by her grandmother. The dogs were in the back yard. They got through a screen dog to attack the girl and then, when the grandmother pulled the injured baby away, the dogs attacked again and finished the child off.

On September 29, 2008, Katya Teresa Todesco, a 5-year-old girl residing in Simi Valley, California, died from a pit bull attack which occurred on September 23, 2008. The dog was in a neighbor's back yard.

October 2008

On October 31, 2008, 62-year-old Chester R. Jordan of Muncie, Indiana, was killed by three of his own pit bulls, inside his residence.

I spoke in a thread a while back about the very same dogs owned by the very same TV member. I'm happy to see the worst hasn't happened yet, but it's a shame the TV member still has such a frivelous attitude towards two potential time bombs, especially regarding being around children. The only time I would feel comfortable taking dogs on the beach would be if no one else was on the beach at all, as soon as someone turned up I would be off. Nice post pgrin, If I had been bothered to do the same research in the last thread I would have come up with a list just as long for the U.K. and so would anyone from any other country. I bet they had all been heard to say 'My babies wouldn't hurt anyone' before the attacks happened.

I spoke in a thread a while back about the very same dogs owned by the very same TV member. I'm happy to see the worst hasn't happened yet, but it's a shame the TV member still has such a frivelous attitude towards two potential time bombs, especially regarding being around children. The only time I would feel comfortable taking dogs on the beach would be if no one else was on the beach at all, as soon as someone turned up I would be off. Nice post pgrin, If I had been bothered to do the same research in the last thread I would have come up with a list just as long for the U.K. and so would anyone from any other country. I bet they had all been heard to say 'My babies wouldn't hurt anyone' before the attacks happened.

My frivelous attitude comes from much more than you would expect. I read that post and counted 30 people in 2 years. So out of 265 million, and I don't know how many pitt bulls, 30 people have died due directly to pit bulls. Sounds to me like an Epidemic. I think I will take into consideration the brilliant post by woohoo. Let us first take into consideration the amount of people who own pitt bulls and compare them to the actual incidents pgrin has posted for us. So because you found some deaths, you want to stain the entire bloodline. Typical. I would like to get into statistics with you sweetie, but it's just not my style.

So because cars kill people, drunk driving kills people and excessive running of the mouth kills people, does that mean you are going to give up all three? What would you have me do? Put them to sleep because sometimes a pitt bull hurts or kills someone?

Where you born ignorant or did someone teach you to be ignorant? A pitt bull can be raised to be very gentle, and kind. They can also be raised to be ferocious, and deadly. It all depends on the way you steer the car. I know a Poodle, a Jack Russell, and a Border Collie that are more ferocious than my dogs are, and they actually bite. Got any statistics on those breeds?

Say what you want about my dogs, but they are registered with the Thai Navy, Chalong Police, and the Phuket Special Operations Unit. :o And don't think for one minute your post is going to change anything. My neice and nephew would have a fit if they were to dissappear.

And she is 21 months old, and he is 4. :D

~a~

My frivelous attitude comes from much more than you would expect. I read that post and counted 30 people in 2 years. So out of 265 million, and I don't know how many pitt bulls, 30 people have died due directly to pit bulls. Sounds to me like an Epidemic. I think I will take into consideration the brilliant post by woohoo. Let us first take into consideration the amount of people who own pitt bulls and compare them to the actual incidents pgrin has posted for us. So because you found some deaths, you want to stain the entire bloodline. Typical. I would like to get into statistics with you sweetie, but it's just not my style.

So because cars kill people, drunk driving kills people and excessive running of the mouth kills people, does that mean you are going to give up all three? What would you have me do? Put them to sleep because sometimes a pitt bull hurts or kills someone?

Where you born ignorant or did someone teach you to be ignorant? A pitt bull can be raised to be very gentle, and kind. They can also be raised to be ferocious, and deadly. It all depends on the way you steer the car. I know a Poodle, a Jack Russell, and a Border Collie that are more ferocious than my dogs are, and they actually bite. Got any statistics on those breeds?

Say what you want about my dogs, but they are registered with the Thai Navy, Chalong Police, and the Phuket Special Operations Unit. :o And don't think for one minute your post is going to change anything. My neice and nephew would have a fit if they were to dissappear.

And she is 21 months old, and he is 4. :D

~a~

It is your, and your families, choice to gamble with the lives of children in your care.

Keep them off the beach, where others have differing views on these animals.

Sweetie,

Who are you going to report me to? The Anti-Dog-on-The-Beach-Task force?

Isn't this just another way of someone thinking this is home, and trying to treat is as such?

I seriously doubt anyone would do anything as most of the authorities know me, and my step-father, and they know my dogs.

I go to KATA beach most days from 6am-9:30am. I am blonde headed and I normally wear a black bathing suit.

Feel free to report me if it makes you feel better.

~a~

Sweetie,

Isn't this just another way of someone thinking this is home, and trying to treat is as such?

I seriously doubt anyone would do anything as most of the authorities know me, and my step-father, and they know my dogs.

I go to KATA beach most days from 6am-9:30am. I am blonde headed and I normally wear a black bathing suit.

~a~

Y'see the problem is Amanda, people are allowed on the beach, and dogs arent. Geddit?

I have no problem with responsible people walking their dogs on the beach actually, though i rarely see one. Maybe it's my view of 'responsible' that is wrong.

I view a responsible dog owner as one who has their dogs on a leash, and carries a pooper-scooper to clear up the mess.

Here's the thing....just the other day i was at nai harn beach. Lay my towel down and went for a swim. Came back to find a dog which was being walked by its owner, had trampled its dirty wet paws all over my towel. Nice. Thanks a lot.

I've also had dogs jump up in a 'friendly' manner. Not every one views it as friendly. Obviously you know that muslims have a thing about dogs...............

So i m assuming you're the blonde girl with a black bathing suit on, walking a dog on a leash and carrying a pooper scooper....................................

I'd have no problem with that.

...So i m assuming you're the blonde girl with a black bathing suit on, walking a dog on a leash and carrying a pooper scooper....................................

Well, given that Amanda has been doing this for a while, is probably p1ssed (off) that dogs are now banned, goes very early in the morning, keeps the dogs on a leash (allegedly) and picks up their poop, I don't think we can complain too much!

Well done, Amanda. (But please tell your cousin to keep an eye on them when they are around the kids - just in case). :o

...So i m assuming you're the blonde girl with a black bathing suit on, walking a dog on a leash and carrying a pooper scooper....................................

Well, given that Amanda has been doing this for a while, is probably p1ssed (off) that dogs are now banned, goes very early in the morning, keeps the dogs on a leash (allegedly) and picks up their poop, I don't think we can complain too much!

Well done, Amanda. (But please tell your cousin to keep an eye on them when they are around the kids - just in case). :D

An aside but... picking up poop?

I'm sure we were not put on this earth to follow round dogs picking up dog dirt and placing it in a little plastic bag. Yuck.

:o

I don't have dogs by the way. If you do, then I understand you must do it. It's really gross though.

Sweetie,

~a~

Y'see the problem is Amanda, people are allowed on the beach, and dogs arent. Geddit?

I have no problem with responsible people walking their dogs on the beach actually, though i rarely see one. Maybe it's my view of 'responsible' that is wrong.

I view a responsible dog owner as one who has their dogs on a leash, and carries a pooper-scooper to clear up the mess.

Here's the thing....just the other day i was at nai harn beach. Lay my towel down and went for a swim. Came back to find a dog which was being walked by its owner, had trampled its dirty wet paws all over my towel. Nice. Thanks a lot.

I've also had dogs jump up in a 'friendly' manner. Not every one views it as friendly. Obviously you know that muslims have a thing about dogs...............

So i m assuming you're the blonde girl with a black bathing suit on, walking a dog on a leash and carrying a pooper scooper....................................

We've had four dogs in succession through years of the family growing up, a Boxer,a Golden Retriever, then a Black /White English Setter,and finally a white/orange English Setter bitch. We know just a bit about training dogs and love them all.

Recent cases of poisoning seem to emanate from Muslim Villages so a lot of dogs here are wary and often downright scared of Thais .Besides the fact that they get kicked a lot, you see this cringe attitude on the beach when a dog sees a Thai approach.

What is wonderful can be the relationship between man and dog, and the love that they give you.

When walking our last Setter through woods in Surrey every morning I often bled from snags on brambles; gemma would lick the blood away and her salive immediately stopped the bleeding. Muslims might regard this as unclean, but don't realise the curative effects of the dogs mouth.

I agree with Amanda;

Even the most fierce animals can be docile as lambs if properly cared for,loved,and well trained. They do not have a natural tendency to be aggressive unless mistreated ,starved,or abused .

But, even the most gentle dog can lose it's temper if poked in the eye by a child or having it's fur pulled too hard; so it's wise to keep a close eye on children when playing with animals; a child can be unknowingly rough and unkind and sometimes cruel,

until they are also trained !

It is probably more often the fault of the child if a dog snaps at it.

Dogs should certainly not be allowed on the beach.

Pit bulls are fine though.

I was thinking along the same line when I saw the heading last week.

I thought brilliant .Might get some good lookers on the beach for a change.

But no it was just another thread about the pampered four legged variety

Ah the great dog debate :o

Amanda, don't even bother arguing your case - no matter what you say, you will not change peoples opinion of your breed. People will always discriminate against certain breeds and they will not change their minds. BTW - I think your dogs are absolutely beautiful :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again - ALL DOGS have the potential to be dangerous regardless of breed and size!

There are too many dog owners that don't have a basic understanding of canine psychology, knowledge of their breed and most importantly, especially in the case of children - they DO NOT TEACH their children how to act around dogs (both family pets and strange dogs). Worst offenders are those who own the "cute little dogs" and so-called "family friendly dogs", because they honestly believe their dog is not capable of attacking a person or other animal.

Some good articles I've found for those uneducated about dogs - National Dog Bite Prevention Week, Things to teach your children about being safe around dogs, Dog Bite Prevention and Statistics, and for those that are quick to quote only pitbull attacks - check out 2008 US Dog Bite Fatalities. Sure there are pitbulls in that article, but there are also some surprising ones responsible for attacks or fatalities!

OT but dog lovers will appreciate this and show those that who either hate or can't understand why dog owners love their dogs so much, or why we prefer the company of dogs to humans - ENJOY The logic of animals beats the logic of humans :D

Ah the great dog debate :o

Amanda, don't even bother arguing your case - no matter what you say, you will not change peoples opinion of your breed. People will always discriminate against certain breeds and they will not change their minds. BTW - I think your dogs are absolutely beautiful :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again - ALL DOGS have the potential to be dangerous regardless of breed and size!

There are too many dog owners that don't have a basic understanding of canine psychology, knowledge of their breed and most importantly, especially in the case of children - they DO NOT TEACH their children how to act around dogs (both family pets and strange dogs). Worst offenders are those who own the "cute little dogs" and so-called "family friendly dogs", because they honestly believe their dog is not capable of attacking a person or other animal.

Some good articles I've found for those uneducated about dogs - National Dog Bite Prevention Week, Things to teach your children about being safe around dogs, Dog Bite Prevention and Statistics, and for those that are quick to quote only pitbull attacks - check out 2008 US Dog Bite Fatalities. Sure there are pitbulls in that article, but there are also some surprising ones responsible for attacks or fatalities!

OT but dog lovers will appreciate this and show those that who either hate or can't understand why dog owners love their dogs so much, or why we prefer the company of dogs to humans - ENJOY The logic of animals beats the logic of humans :D

So.....you want to put the onus of bite prevention on the visitors to the beach by getting them to educate themselves about dogs?

for those that are quick to quote only pitbull attacks - check out 2008 US Dog Bite Fatalities. Sure there are pitbulls in that article, but there are also some surprising ones responsible for attacks or fatalities!

I find people use mis-use statistics to forward their own viewpoint to be among the most annoying people of all!

(and I have a close mate who does this all the time!)

I think this quote from the website you used as a reference says it all. :o

"So far in 2007, pit bull types are responsible for 19 of the 33 dog bite fatalities, 58% percent. The nearest rival is the rottweiler at 12% percent. Given that pit bulls make up about 5-9% percent of US household dogs, there is a clear disproportionate relationship to the number of pit bulls and the amount of killing done by them."

We've had four dogs in succession through years of the family growing up, a Boxer,a Golden Retriever, then a Black /White English Setter,and finally a white/orange English Setter bitch. We know just a bit about training dogs and love them all.

Recent cases of poisoning seem to emanate from Muslim Villages so a lot of dogs here are wary and often downright scared of Thais .Besides the fact that they get kicked a lot, you see this cringe attitude on the beach when a dog sees a Thai approach.

What is wonderful can be the relationship between man and dog, and the love that they give you.

When walking our last Setter through woods in Surrey every morning I often bled from snags on brambles; gemma would lick the blood away and her salive immediately stopped the bleeding. Muslims might regard this as unclean, but don't realise the curative effects of the dogs mouth.

I agree with Amanda;

Even the most fierce animals can be docile as lambs if properly cared for,loved,and well trained. They do not have a natural tendency to be aggressive unless mistreated ,starved,or abused .

But, even the most gentle dog can lose it's temper if poked in the eye by a child or having it's fur pulled too hard; so it's wise to keep a close eye on children when playing with animals; a child can be unknowingly rough and unkind and sometimes cruel,

until they are also trained !

It is probably more often the fault of the child if a dog snaps at it.

On September 4, 2008, Luna McDaniel, 83, of Ville Platte, Louisiana, died as a result of being mauled by 3 pit bulls on August 24, 2008.

On September 12, 2008, Cenedi Kia Carey, a 4-month-old girl, was fatally mauled by her family's two pit bulls in their North Las Vegas home. The child was in a stroller and being watched by her grandmother. The dogs were in the back yard. They got through a screen dog to attack the girl and then, when the grandmother pulled the injured baby away, the dogs attacked again and finished the child off.

On September 29, 2008, Katya Teresa Todesco, a 5-year-old girl residing in Simi Valley, California, died from a pit bull attack which occurred on September 23, 2008. The dog was in a neighbor's back yard.

Henry Piotrowski, 90 years old, of Staten Island, New York, was mauled by two pit bulls on July 1, 2008, and died on August 17, 2008. One of his legs had to be amputated, and he had been in the hospital since the attack

On July 22, 2008, Tony Evans Jr., a 3-year-old boy from Jackson, Mississippi, was playing with friends across the street from his home. The house had a carport where a pit bull was chained. The dog dragged the boy into its doghouse and killed him.

On November 12, 2007, 21-year-old Jennifer Lowe of Knox County, Tennessee, died after she was mauled by pit bulls at the residence of a friend.

On May 13th, Celestino Rangel, a 90-year-old man in San Antonio, Texas, was killed by two pit bulls that had broken into his home and attacked him.

On May 17th, in Memphis, Tennessee, 59-year-old James Chapple, Jr., whose brutal injuries and hospital-bed testimony helped to repeal the "one bite rule" in that state, died from complications of those injuries, which were incurred earlier in the year and were also inflicted by pit bulls.

Also on May 26, 71-year-old Carshena Benjamin of Collier County, Florida, was killed by pit bulls.

On November 4, one-year-old Allen L. Young died after he was mauled at home by his dad's four pit bulls, which took the boy from his bed at night.

On July 27th, 71-year-old Ms. Jimmie May McConnell was in her yard in Kansas City, Kan., when a pit bull jumped over her fence and killed her.

Earlier in the month, 3-year-old Mariah Puga of Hargill, Texas, was killed by her parents pit bulls.

etc, etc, ... ad nauseam (with thanks to pgrin)

One can only imagine the suffering these naturally peaceful doggies must have endured at the hands of those nasty toddlers and sadistic seniors to snap out of their gentle disposition and mete out a well-deserved revenge on their evil tormentors.

And, certainly, there must be a great many instances too of irritating toddlers and aggravating granmas mauled to death by exasperated Irish setters but they don't seem to be reported.

Amanda76 wrote: My babies wouldn't hurt anyone, but if someone approaches me to say write me a ticket?
How you raise them, is how they will act.
As far as biting someone, they probably won't. But I can assure you that you will need a change of pants

I assume that both times were meant as a joke, but what alerts me is why the thoughts are there in the first place? Plus, that the owner indicates not to be 100% certain. With all dogs, but especially with breeds with such strong en destructive bites, it is of utmost importance that the owner has full control over his/her dogs. It is the owner's responsibility to make sure the dogs won't bite or hurt in any another way children or adults.

Sure enough, there are parents that take their responsibilities over their child not very high, but that's no excuse when your dog hurts a child (or an adult).

That the owner of these 2 pitts does not have full control she indicates in the above sentence, where the two dogs together can show predatory behavior towards soi dogs. There is always the chance that this converts towards an innocent child that is playing or sleeping, or a jogger for that matter.

The most dangerous and un-stoppable aggression is the predatory aggression.

And last but not least, one should never ever let a dog no matter the size or breed, alone with children. It is not always the case that the child did something harmful to the dog prior to a bite. It can also happen that predatory aggression is triggered by what is for the child normal behavior, but for the dog prey behavior.

Nienke