Wife Worried About Visiting Bkk

wamberal

My wife is due to fly to BKK on Friday, for a three week visit, catching up with family and friends. She is a bit nervous, as is her family, about the current political shenanigans.

Having lived in BKK through a coup I would personally have no problems going there at the moment, and I think that the wife and her family are being a bit timid.

She will be spending most of her time at her family's village on the south side of BKK, but will also be visiting friends around the city, and making a trip to Chiang Mai with her mother to see an old buddy.

She will be going nowhere near Government House.

I would appreciate any feedback. Is there any more danger than usual, being in BKK?

From the outside looking in , i feel there is no danger as yet to tourists in general provided they use there heads and stay away from obvious trouble spots . The only fly in the ointment would be the possibility of random attacks else-where as in Klong Toey , one never knows or realises the machinations of a phsycos brain (or lack of) when he has the bit between his teeth . Six of one and half a dozen of the other .

I would appreciate any feedback. Is there any more danger than usual, being in BKK?

It is true that there are political tensions involving some groups of people (even though eveyone in Thailand is watching closely) but that is limited to to these groups

Furthermore reports from abroad are very alarming whereas we don't see a thing here ( well of course it is on the local news )

Therefore I would answer no to your last question keeping in mind that there is, usually, no danger being in Bkk

Enjoy your stay in Bangkok

:o And by flying on an Arab airline you are risking what??????? That has to be the sort of comment that comes from a racist mind.So please explain Ricardo :D

I guess Ricardo will explain but honestly I do not preceive it the same way as Ricardo was saying that there was no danger in that but maybe I am mistaken

I'm not sure if Bangkok is safe or not. PAD seems determined to goad the police into taking violent action. I too have been though two coups and this one, should it happen is very different.

I think most of the forgoing information needs a little 'Re-appraisal' judging on todays news , that is what i meant about not knowing the machinations of a phsycos brain , where , when and how next .

Firing off of guns , setting fire to things , my god things are deteriating rapidly in BKK .