Looking For A Swimming Pool Near Pin Klao

KohKarrang

I'm looking for somewhere relatively quiet that will let me quietly play with my son, I had reviously found a place called Charley House but they only let guests swim in their pool(fair enough I suppose) so now I'm looking a bit further afield, surely someone must know of somewhere around here, please help...

I'm looking for somewhere relatively quiet that will let me quietly play with my son, I had reviously found a place called Charley House but they only let guests swim in their pool(fair enough I suppose) so now I'm looking a bit further afield, surely someone must know of somewhere around here, please help...

coming from the bridge there was a hotel that offered monthly memberships knock on a few doors

Driving down Baroomrachachoni towards Bangkok, at the last soi before Major, there is a public pool about 150 meters from the main road. It is mostly for laps, but not too many people use it for that. Members of California Fitness can use it, but I don't know how others go about using it as well.

Thanks very much for your answers, I had already gone by the time you all replied, I'll check them out next time...

I ended up going to The Mall Ban Kae and it was like going back in time to Butlins when I was young - it was a requirement to hire costumes and hair caps(whether they fit or not) - I asked if they had one for my chest :D - my partner declined from swimming because she didn't want to wear all these things that others had just peeled off their own heads and I can't blame her! :o Do the bosses of these places really think a hair ap is going to stop people pissing in the pool? :D Seriously though, what are they trying to say?? I'm sure nearly every single child in there was pissing all over the place despite the life-guards calls for the kids to go to the toilet every few laps of the pool(Butlins again, see??)

Anyway, I'll be sure to check something closer to home next time as Ban Kae is fkin miles away!

round the back of pink lao central there is a hotel called bankok noi village , they have a pool , separate from the hotel.

I second this. I believe they charge 50 thb for people not staying in the condo (this was a few years ago, not sure if the rates have risen). It has a nice pool and usually was not to busy. If you are coming from Central, it is the first soi past Central by Bar Kung Pow.

Bangkok Noi Village is all the way at the end of the Soi.

Once you go into the Soi, after about 100m it will turn to the right then after about another 100m (at the 7-11) turn left again. THen just go straight until the end of the Soi (about 300-400m).

Edited by CWMcMurray

round the back of pink lao central there is a hotel called bankok noi village , they have a pool , separate from the hotel.

I second this. I believe they charge 50 thb for people not staying in the condo (this was a few years ago, not sure if the rates have risen). It has a nice pool and usually was not to busy. If you are coming from Central, it is the first soi past Central by Bar Kung Pow.

Bangkok Noi Village is all the way at the end of the Soi.

Once you go into the Soi, after about 100m it will turn to the right then after about another 100m (at the 7-11) turn left again. THen just go straight until the end of the Soi (about 300-400m).

There used to be a great pool area in the Oasis Fitness Club in the back of Rattanakosin Island Condo opposite PATA Pinklao, but they went bust and last i checked (7 months ago) they hadnt found a new administrator, but check it out maybe they have fixed things now.

On the north side of Talingchan Road, there is an outdoor swimming pool at the intersection with the new north-south expressway which runs up from Siam University. (sorry, if it has a name, I don't know it). Stand on the pedestrian bridge which crosses Talingchan Road, look north, and you should see the pool, right in front of you.

I have never swam there, so don't know any of the particulars about it.

There used to be a great pool area in the Oasis Fitness Club in the back of Rattanakosin Island Condo opposite PATA Pinklao, but they went bust and last i checked (7 months ago) they hadnt found a new administrator, but check it out maybe they have fixed things now.

That used to be a fantastic pool, especially if you had young kids. But it is not open and is in really bad shape now.

I checked out the Bangkok Noi Village pool but they wouln't allow children so defo not kiddie friendly, probably quite nice inside anyway...

I jumped in a taxi and went round the U-turn and back towards Major Cineplex and just before there we turned left past some security guards and about another few hundred metres and on the left is a raised pool, we went there yesterday and there was probably 8 people in total, a couple in the adult pool and a few more in the kiddie pool so it was perfect for my son, we went back again today after school and there was nobody there! It cost B40 for my son and B60 for me which isn't a bad price, my old apartments used to charge B100 each for outsiders, the pools here are lean and I can be sure of that because my eyes hurt when I got out from the chlorine :D

I hope this info can be useful to someone in the future, thanks for your suggestions :o