Solution To Sluggish Adsl Connection.

melus

I've found a solution to the sometimes slow ADSL speeds during peak times. I use GhostSurf to route data through an anonymous internet connection. The speed is a very stable 1 Mbps. Normally, it drops to under 200 Kbps without the rerouting. At night, when there are fewer users online and speeds aren't compromised, I exit the program. Why this works is beyond me.

Yes, but your speed downloading bittorrents doesn't increase much, if at all. Other downloading, especially when using a download manager, increases though. Downloading bittorrents, as with any P2P downloading, depends a lot on how fast the other guy's connection is. Blubster is extremely fast because most of its users have at least a cable internet connection and a lot have T1 connections.

Edited by melus

When you set a proxy for bittorrent, you're using the proxy for tracker connections. Peer connections (where you actually get file data) still connect directly.

The problem with True is the high share ratio for home users (50:1) and the limited amount of bandwidth that True allows for home users. However, this is only for the international link. If you can find a local open proxy (which isn't limited by True's share ratio) then you've found a faster path, since any local connection gets full speed.