Washington Square

les Dennis

Sit in Bourbon St and have a nice lunch, perhaps a nice dinner.

While there, strike up a conversation with one of the owners

and ask them. This will save you having to put up with any

speculation on a forum.

or Silver Dollar or Dubliner.

Lots of rumors on the cobbles about the "leases" , but just that, rumors.

• 1 year later...

Messing around the other night in Washington square heard from more than one manager that they have lost thier lease and must be gone by April 2011. New contruction will satrt. supposly Dubliner and Burbon ST will be moving to the Ekamai area. soi 22 won't be the same.

Could someone please tell me where Washington Square is in Bangkok?

Thank you

Washington Square can be accessed across the Soi from Regency Park Hotel located on Sukhumvit Soi 22. It can also be accessed next to the Dubliner Pub which is located on Sukhumvit about 200 meters from Soi 22 walking toward Emporium.

Double check this with the guys (steveomagino) in the property forum, but my understanding is WS is on the bull-doze list with a big condo development ear-marked for that land.

In my opinion that would be tragic, (admittedly it needs a face lift) as it is one of the only real old squares left here. If the owners could do their properties up and then charge according rates, maybe WS could survive, more bistro type bars and classier bars, sensible markets and good parking would also imo pull more people in, lets not forget its in a great area.

Messing around the other night in Washington square heard from more than one manager that they have lost thier lease and must be gone by April 2011. New contruction will satrt. supposly Dubliner and Burbon ST will be moving to the Ekamai area. soi 22 won't be the same.

Rubbish.

I own a bar in Washington Square and deal directly with the owners of the land, or least one part of the family that owns the land, and we have just been given a new lease takes us up till the end of next year.

To put a office block up on there there needs to be planning permission, this has not even been submitted, yet alone granted. To get all the licenses would take around 18 months or more to complete, only then could they start construction.

Washington Square is going nowhere for now, if anybody tells you differently they are either misinformed or lying.

Which bar were you in when you were told this?

Tom.

I was told by several and even shown drawings of what is being put in, A hote/l department store. agree the time line I was told isn't going yo happen but some owners have been told lease will not be re-newed. One owner has even bought a new location in the upper end of Sukhumvit, but not my palce to tell who that is. Iput out the info because of what I was told and it is not rubbish because too many people know about it and are talking about it.