Weekly Living Expenses

Forkinhades

Weekly living cost in Pattaya  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK peeps, how much is it costing you to live in Pattaya each week? Excluding rent of properties or Hotels, and what kind of lifestyle do you lead?

For me with playing golf twice a week, I spend around 16000

Edited by Forkinhades

I think you should extend the poll up to perhaps Bt50,000 a week.

I've got a baby so there are extra costs which not everyone has. I pay for a truck on HP. I buy what I want, I have a missus, eat what I want, go out when I want and travel.

You have to be more specific in this as someone who goes back to the UK say once a year might spend Bt150,000 which is about 3k a week over the year. Take some holidays around the region and add in another 1k a week or more over the year.

It is not all just what you eat and spend on women and beer.

100,000 THB every month and Im away working 4 weeks on 4 weeks off.

One car on HP.

Medical insurance per year X 2

House Insurance x 2 per year

Car Tax and insurance x 2 per year

golf 6 times in the 24 days when back at home and out most days (up to something anyway)

Thats just for the normal living, wife and myself.

If my kids or parents come out, then have to import more, which is normaly twice per year.

For any holidays in Thailand or overseas we take it out of the offshore account.

Glad Im still working !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

I think you should extend the poll up to perhaps Bt50,000 a week.

I've got a baby so there are extra costs which not everyone has. I pay for a truck on HP. I buy what I want, I have a missus, eat what I want, go out when I want and travel.

You have to be more specific in this as someone who goes back to the UK say once a year might spend Bt150,000 which is about 3k a week over the year. Take some holidays around the region and add in another 1k a week or more over the year.

It is not all just what you eat and spend on women and beer.

Yep, nearer 50k in a normal week averaged over the year. And that's not an extravagent lifestyle as school fees are US$1,000 per month.

• 1 year later...

I average about 15,000 baht per week also excluding condo rental, satellite TV, internet & power. (20,000 baht per month total) That gives me an average of 2,000 baht every day when I head outside and I really don't need more to live very comfortably. Some days I don't spent 500 baht others I'll go way overboard but I'll enjoy both days.

Edited by gerry53

I love these threads, first you have the guys that live on 3 peanuts & half sucked mango, then theres those that wipe their backsides on gold plated toilet paper & everyone in between.

PRICELESS stuff really. :lol:

I guess I'm in the former category then. Over 5000 and I'm sweating ( however, the Tgf does go to work, so I'm not having to pay out the high lady rent that I see some people on TV are paying )!

Mind you I see plenty of long time expats around Soi Buakhao that would live on less. I guess they're too poor to spend hours bangin' on a computer to be contributing here though!

I love these threads, first you have the guys that live on 3 peanuts & half sucked mango, then theres those that wipe their backsides on gold plated toilet paper & everyone in between.

Thanks, you made my day...and you are spot on...

I like to hire minor celebrities to wipe my bum with scented, powder-dusted, gold-plated tissue while I suck on a mango.

I like to hire minor celebrities to wipe my bum with scented, powder-dusted, gold-plated tissue while I suck on a mango.

Can I have your mango when you're done with it?

SC

I have discovered the secret is having two expense-free days per week. Just make sure you have food and booze in the fridge for those two days and don't go out except for exercise.

Doing that I have saved 15,000 per month which compensates for the <50 Baht to the GBP and keeps to my THB 65K monthly limit.

:cheesy: