Baby On Aircraft

undercover

I'm sorry but I don't think people have an absolute right to travel with kids if certain arrangements have not been made. I certainly don't want to be next to someone who has a kid and would not take my daughter on a long trip until I was fairly certain that I could do so without having her annoy the other passengers.

The ones taking the private plane are the ones who insist on taking their little bundle of Joy everywhere without thinking about anyone except themselves.

On the wings would be a good idea :o

yeah my first choice would have been the cargo hold... unruly kids kicking the seat and screaming infants.. makes for a great flight.. can't even escape them in business class.. Worse still is the bassinet idea.. Bulkhead seats used to be great for extra legroom for taller passengers.. Now they are all occupied by people with kids :D

Maybe adult only flights would be a money spinner ?

What a joke, children should never be allowed to ride in Business class, afterall, thats one of the reasons your paying extra is to get away from the screaming hoards. All children should be sedated and moved to the cargo hull! End of Story! :D

Some of us EVIL PARENTS don't do economy. If you don't like the idea of children on a plane than you are going to have to get with a bunch of your like minded knucklehead buddies and charter a private plane.

Just because most of us married types choose to propagate the human race does not relegate us to the back of the bus.

The reason you fly Business or First Class on any airline is 1. you can afford it. 2. you want to be comfortable during a 14 hour flight.

Frankly if you have the money to fly Business or First Class all the time, you have the money for a decent set of noise canceling headphones. That's something I have had for years. Before I had no kids I dealt with it logically, noise canceling headphones and or earplugs and the blindfold that the airlines provide adequate.

From this thread I learned 2 things. Request bassinets in advance. I will when me and the missus go back to the US of A with our 2 bundles of joy IN ROYAL SILK CLASS!. And that some of the TV members are childless heartless bastards.

I have noise cancelling headphones, ear plugs and I can still hear kids screaming... Not to mention that the headphones don't stop the kid behind me kicking the back of my seat..

I'm not saying it's the kids fault... It's the parents...They don't tell their children to keep the noise down and they don't keep them under control.. Like has been said before Mum and Dad are fast asleep meanwhile their little prince/princess is running amok. I pay a premium for business class so I can have a peaceful journey... Sometimes I have back to back long haul flights from South America or West Africa to Europe and then on to Asia... I need to sleep but even aften taking sleeping pills it's very hard to get rest with a fidgety child seated behind... I just think that parents should be more considerate and make a judgement as to whether their child is well behaved enough to sit in Business class with the 'adults' I don't wish to go back to the victorian age of 'seen and not heard' but it seem that the wishes and freedoms of kids are now valued above adults and to my mind that is wrong... These are the same parents who bring their infants to quiet quality restuarants and then disturb the enjoyment or other diners with their tantrums ( the kids ) and their neurotic behavior ( the parents ) ....

My kids aren't angels but they have been taught that if they are in an 'adult' enviroment they need to act as adults.. Shouting, running around and being a nuisance to others isn't tolerated...It's just good manners..

I'm sorry but I don't think people have an absolute right to travel with kids if certain arrangements have not been made. I certainly don't want to be next to someone who has a kid and would not take my daughter on a long trip until I was fairly certain that I could do so without having her annoy the other passengers.

The ones taking the private plane are the ones who insist on taking their little bundle of Joy everywhere without thinking about anyone except themselves.

You are correct, that is NO ONE has the RIGHT to fly.

When a person PAYS for a plane ticket whatever class that might be, that gives them the privilege to travel in whatever class seat they paid for. Obviously not many TV members have ever flown Philippine Airlines from the US to Manila. Talk about lots and lots of children. And it's not the infants you have to worry about it's the kids under 12 that terrorize the aircraft running back and forth down the aisles. That's when the airline needs to address the problem. Happened to me on the flight from LAX to MNL 15 hours of terror from a 6 year old. When I got to the lounge in Manila I talked to the management about the poor control the flight crew had over the passenger in question and I got 2 first class upgrades and a $600 voucher to boot.

But there is a difference between undisciplined children running wild on a plane and parent wanting to get their infants home. Irresponsible parents should be dealt with appropriately, but no kids in Business or First, come on...

I have noise cancelling headphones, ear plugs and I can still hear kids screaming... Not to mention that the headphones don't stop the kid behind me kicking the back of my seat..

I'm not saying it's the kids fault... It's the parents...They don't tell their children to keep the noise down and they don't keep them under control.. Like has been said before Mum and Dad are fast asleep meanwhile their little prince/princess is running amok. I pay a premium for business class so I can have a peaceful journey...

1. What airline are you flying where the business class seats can be kicked??

The only airline that I have flown lately that doesn't have clam shell style seating is Philippine. EVA, TG, Emirates, Qatar, Singapore, Cathay, and many others have solid separators around the back and between the seats. Unless a professional footballer was kicking the seat you wouldn't be able to feel it.

2. Don't you have the <deleted> to have the flight crew deal with the problem??

Yes I had to complain the ONE time I had a problem with a passengers child on a flight, and I did not leave it at one complaint. I complained until it was dealt with.

3. Whoever sold you your headphones ripped you off.

Commercial airline = public transport. Deal with it :D

You want to control who is on the plane with you & what they do then hire your own personal one, simple really :o

Here Here!!

Well said Boo.

I'm not saying it's the kids fault... It's the parents...They don't tell their children to keep the noise down and they don't keep them under control.. Like has been said before Mum and Dad are fast asleep meanwhile their little prince/princess is running amok. I pay a premium for business class so I can have a peaceful journey...

1. What airline are you flying where the business class seats can be kicked??

The only airline that I have flown lately that doesn't have clam shell style seating is Philippine. EVA, TG, Emirates, Qatar, Singapore, Cathay, and many others have solid separators around the back and between the seats. Unless a professional footballer was kicking the seat you wouldn't be able to feel it.

2. Don't you have the <deleted> to have the flight crew deal with the problem??

Yes I had to complain the ONE time I had a problem with a passengers child on a flight, and I did not leave it at one complaint. I complained until it was dealt with.

3. Whoever sold you your headphones ripped you off.

Commercial airline = public transport. Deal with it :D

You want to control who is on the plane with you & what they do then hire your own personal one, simple really :D

Here Here!!

Well said Boo.

The seat kicking occurs in economy and premium economy (my flights are often booked last minute and often the business class seating is fully booked) The screaming and crying occurs in all classes..

I do call the the flight attendants and they are more than happy to intervene.. But many times the parents of the children are just not interested... They don't have any control over their children and 20 minutes later they are back to causing a nuisance.. Sleeping parents can't supervise their kids..

I have worked my way thru both Sony and Sennheiser noise cancellers and while they do 'cancel' the ambient cabin noise they can't deal with high pitched screaming of crying.... If I turn my music up to it's full extent it also prevents me from sleeping...

The attitude of the parents replying to this thread illustrate exactly the attitude you get when you ask them politely to control their childrend... They are more concerned with their childs 'right' to play and cry wherever it may be may far more than the discomfort and nuisance to other passengers...

This shows how much the World has changed... Before children were kept quiet and people were embarrased if they created a nuisance... Now :o the child is in charge and the lame neurotic parents are seen running around after them pandering to their every whim.. All the child has to do to get attention is to throw a tantrum... Sorry but badly behaved kids just don't belong in Business Class...

I fly many many 1000's of miles a year .. All over the World on long haul flights... You only have to look around the cabin to see the reaction of the other passengers to screaming kids to realise I'm not alone in my opinion...

On the wings would be a good idea :o

yeah my first choice would have been the cargo hold... unruly kids kicking the seat and screaming infants.. makes for a great flight.. can't even escape them in business class.. Worse still is the bassinet idea.. Bulkhead seats used to be great for extra legroom for taller passengers.. Now they are all occupied by people with kids :D

Maybe adult only flights would be a money spinner ?

What a joke, children should never be allowed to ride in Business class, afterall, thats one of the reasons your paying extra is to get away from the screaming hoards. All children should be sedated and moved to the cargo hull! End of Story! :D

Some of us EVIL PARENTS don't do economy. If you don't like the idea of children on a plane than you are going to have to get with a bunch of your like minded knucklehead buddies and charter a private plane.

Just because most of us married types choose to propagate the human race does not relegate us to the back of the bus.

The reason you fly Business or First Class on any airline is 1. you can afford it. 2. you want to be comfortable during a 14 hour flight.

Frankly if you have the money to fly Business or First Class all the time, you have the money for a decent set of noise canceling headphones. That's something I have had for years. Before I had no kids I dealt with it logically, noise canceling headphones and or earplugs and the blindfold that the airlines provide adequate.

From this thread I learned 2 things. Request bassinets in advance. I will when me and the missus go back to the US of A with our 2 bundles of joy IN ROYAL SILK CLASS!. And that some of the TV members are childless heartless bastards.

I like the attitude you display.....your children are badly behaved & somebody else should therefore wear headphones <deleted>?....whats wrong with this???? I agree that well behaved children should be able to fly in whatever class their parents so desire, BUT if they start disturbing other passengers (SCREAMING, RUNNING AROUND, KICKING SEATS etc) they should be moved immediately, PERHAPS A little jail at the rear of the plane behind the rear galley or toilets would be fair....my initial thought was some kind of ejector seat...but Im trying hard today not to be a heartless bastard. :D

Or perhaps it's BAD KARMA? What did you do in a previous life to get on every flight that has screaming kids? I've flown, pre-children of my own, dozens of times back and forth between SEA and the US and only can recall 1 just 1 flight where I was disturbed by someones child in Business Class. What horrible thing did you do to have such bad luck??

And yea neverdie you heartless bastard :o a little sound proof jail in the back of the plane sounds like a good idea, as long as the parents get locked in there too.

• 3 months later...

So reading Thai Air.

Infant sitting on your lap pays 10% of an Adult ticket

Infant in bassinet pays 10% of an Adult ticket (weight not over 10 kgs, height 67 cms and age less than 6 months old.)

Infant in car seat in his own seat, pays 50% of an Adult ticket.

Nope I was a kid once.. But until I was a well behaved toddler my parents had enough good manners and common sense to realise that babies don't belong on long haul international flights... There's no need to be transporting screaming infants on planes.. Wait till they are older... Now cue all the 'I have to take my baby on holiday types'' :o My advice, stay at home with your kid till it stops crying, screaming and vomiting... Or give it a large brandy so everybody else can sleep.. After 50 hours of travelling the last thing I need is a fidgety kid and it's neurotic mother sat next to me... As I said I can't even escape them in business class .... The place 'supposedly' where you can get a rest between work places.. not.. Now what to rant about next... Overweight people who have paid for one seat but wat 1/2 of mine too.. Or lazy second rate parents that let their kids run up and down the isle and disturb the other passengers ?....

Those are hilarious cabin scenarios that most people who travel have at least once encountered. On the other hand, who the %#2* do you think you are saying their is "no need" to transport infants? Not everyone lives on a bar stool in Thailand chasing babies for kicks , %$@3 for brains! you sound very intolerable and must live in a state of perpetually torment in Thailand. Geeze! Jai Yen Yen, goof ball!

I will be traveling over to the UK on Qatar air next month with my wife and our new 5 month old baby. I have just been asked by my wife " where is our baby going to sit " ?

I could not answer her question as I had never thought about it until she asked me.

So you all know what Im going to ask you.... where does the baby sit ? :o

Air Canada promised us a bassinet on our 11 hour flight to Toronto. There were about 6 babies on the flight, no bassinets for any of them, no empty seats, baby was on my lap the entire time.

just pray for a miracle.

Bassinets are first come first served on most airlines, the sooner you book your flight the more chance of getting one.

Brigante7.