The Strange Case Of Mr. Wong

Tarqin

Mr. Wong's name came up on another thread so I thought I would ask if anyone knows what happened with him?

To those who don't know him he runs a watch shop in the market on South Pattaya Road opposite the Wat.

Up to say 5 years ago he was the MAN for high quality fake watches and many people I knew with real Rolexs trusted this guy to mend them. He was a real Pattaya institution doing phenomenal business.

Then he went all loopy. He has lost nearly all his expat business through yelling and swearing at them and regularly tells those stupid enough to enter his shop to fuc_k off. As such his business had all but disappeared.

To rub salt in the wounds everyone now goes to Sarah who runs a stall in the same market just down and round the corned from Mr. Wongs shop AND Sarah is I believe his sister (or sister in law not too sure).

Does anyone know why he just went seemingly insane one day?

Then he went all loopy....Does anyone know why he just went seemingly insane one day?

Hmmm, I was in his shop a week ago to have the pin replaced which retains the watchband.

He was his normal friendly self. And, though I'd bought the watch from him 4-years ago,

he did his normal free minor repairs on watches he's sold.

Other than the OP, I've not previously heard anyone being negative about Mr Wong.

Maybe I was just there on a good day...??

I was in Mr Wongs yesterday afternoon. He was laughing and joking with customers in shop. He took care of my friends watch requests and we had a political discussion on which Mr Wong was quite knowledgeable.

Where did Tarqin gert his information?

I think he went into the wrong shop by mistake, tried to get the local noodle chef to fix his "I Love Sondhi" watch and got the predictable response...

• 12 years later...

Bought two watches from Mr. Wong today. He is a sharp old dude, and very smart. Noticed after I was well on my way that one of the two watches might have some moisture inside. Will check it out further. Other than that the deal went okay. He was not rude or anything. He did discount even though he swore he would not:)