Who's Going To Baan Saen Bike Show At The Weekend

thaicbr

Hi guy's who's going, what on, where from and what time.

I'm going but have to work on Saturday until lunchtime so leaving Nakhom Pathom about 12.30.

should get there about 3.30 i think, but not really sure best way around Bangkok.

See you there. Allan

Saturday is usually the main day.. Lts of bikes there by midday.. then more arriving all afternoon. usually a ride out in the afternoon followed by a concert in the evening. Sunday is usually just packing up as most bikes head home early.. This is what has happened the last couple of year that I have attended.. But maybe different this year so if anybody has better info please correct me.. I'm planning to ride up there from Pattaya Saturday morning and hang around for the afternoon.. may stay for the music depending on who's playing and the weather..

If ya see a black Ducati sport 1000 say hello :o

Daz

If ya see a black Ducati sport 1000 say hello :o

Daz

I'll be riding down Fri afternoon from Bangkok and staying in Pattaya for 2 nights. I'll ride out to Bang Saen Sat afternoon.

See you there.

You got a new 1098 ? or still on your Monster ?

Yeah Bard! I agree with Allan 110%!

You can't go to the Bike Week without your bike!!! :D

My wife is going to drive with my son (if she's in the mood... :o ) and I'm riding down on the Ninjette. :D

Hope you can do the same and look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers :D

I'm busy trying to get my CBR250 ready for the run.

New ducktail (cbr600 looky). service engine, check every thing is bolted down properly and try and tune the dam_n carbs to get rid of the flat spot. Oh and work two jobs so busy, busy.

Any one have an easy bike friendly way around Bangkok from OM NOI. Nakhom Pathom.

Thanks Allan

OK guys let me see what I can do with the wifey :D , when are you guys there? Friday? What time to meet up? Meet at Laem Tong mall is an easy place, what do you guys think? If I drive my bike I will go up route 7, anyone from Pattaya or Rayong who want to join the ride let me know.

Tony and Allan are you driving back again same day? Or are you down for the weekend, could do Bira or just some fun or do some driving in tranquil landscape around the Eastern Seaboard if you like. Give me a bell if you want to lax from yellow shirts with clappers in a safe haven. :o

Cheers Bard

I wish I could make both days Bard but I've got a meeting in Bangkok on Saturday that I can't reschedule :D

Though the folks I'm to meet with are flying into Swampyboom on Friday, so if the Yellow shirts continue their airport seige maybe I'll get lucky and have Saturday free if the airport remains closed :o

I've only been to Bangsaen once and that was a couple of weeks ago for the speed festival:

1108MtrcyclRace1Sm.jpg

Not sure where the Laem Tong Mall is, but I'm sure I can track it down.

Allan- have you ever tried skirting around the Big Mango on the 346 (Rangsit/Nakhon Nayok)? Or another decent way to avoid downtown is the 302 (Rattanathibet-Kaset Nawamin) then left on Thanon Nawamin (Route 2022) and right on Ram Intra (Route 304) which turns into Suwintawong and will take you all the way to Chacheongsao like this:

BangsaenRamkamhaeng.jpg

If you go that way let me know as you'll pass by my house on Suwintawong just past Min Buri and we can ride together from there. The 304 to Chachoengsao and 315 to Phanat Nikhom are fast roads with nice scenery and little traffic. Much much better that that terrible truck infested Bang Na-Trat road!

Happy Trails! :D

OK finally my better half will sit in the back of my Ninja :o , my lovely daughter will stay over with a friend so I'll be there with the bike thank God so I'm not meeting up as a moron in a car :D

Laem Thong is easy second take off to Bang Saen beach almost at the beach is Laem Thong, just before the beach starts at Pattaya end, can't miss it.

What time would suit the gents? :D

Cheers Bard

To bad if you can't stay down Tony, I ordered loads of lobsters, crabs, prawns, beer and BBQ meat for you and your family I got the second house serviced up and for Allan my guest room in my living house is ready. Well maybe the yellow mellows ruin your meeting... If not we'll do it next time.

Cheers Bard

ok Bard i will probably take you up on that ride out as sunday is my free day. still working on the CBR the ignition switch went awol yesterday so my Thai mechanic is going to customize a sonic switch to fit. got me new sporty modern tail on it today. carbs tmoro. we stripped it down and WHAT a mess they made of tuning the carbs before. still gonna try and get sorted ..........if not i'm coming on the 150 :o

see ya all saturday afternoon (working friday night)

Tony tell ya people to come next week cos its still going to be chaos saturday. then get ya self down on saturday afternoon we can ride down together if i can get other to you :D

Well maybe the yellow mellows ruin your meeting...

Yippee! Thanks to the PAD's antics at Swampyboom my meeting is cancelled; I'm FREE for the whole weekend! :D

So- Bard, was that an invitation to for me to bring my family to your house? That would be great! If I've misunderstood no problem- I'm sure we can find a decent hotel in Bangsaen. Anyway- my missus has been in a :D mood lately, so there's also a chance I might ride down solo, which would be JUST FINE by me! :o

Shall we plan to meet tomorrow afternoon at Laem Thong? I think I can get there by ~2 or 3 in the afternoon if that suits you.

Cheers!

Tony

Hi Rustic- We're planning on riding down from BKK early afternoon- going to take the scenic route:

I think you're well north of me and the only way I think I can get to Minburi is up Ramkhamhaeng Road which I remember as being a bit of a nightmare.

I'm going into Thonglor first to pick up the reg and no. plate. Leaving Samut Prakan 3.30 ish so I may hit traffic. I have two options, either BangNa-Trat( :o ) or up Suk Soi 77 and onto the no.7 Bangkok-Chonburi Motorway.

Edited by RusticCharm