Thanksgiving Dinner

bassmaster50

Bake n Bite does. I think the Art Cafe does too. The Dukes as well. Last year all those places did. I have been to all of them as well and they are decent.

Does anyone know if any restaurant in Chiang Mai will serve traditional Thanksgiving dinner, with turkey, pumpkin pie, etc?

My favorite Holiday Dinners in Chiang Mai

The Holiday Inn has been through a lot of name changes, but has always had Chiang Mai's best buffets since they opened as the Westin Hotel many moons ago. For years, it was THE PLACE to be on holidays, and - other than The Duke's - it probably still is.

The Duke's has only been open for a few years, but it has taken Chiang Mai by storm. It is the most successful foreign restaurant by far, and they recently opened a second branch in the Night Bazaar. The owner loves kids - he has a bunch of his own - and he loves holidays and he really knows what he is doing in the kitchen. This is a great combination for us, and he has promised to outdo himself this year!

053 249 231 Ask for David

Bake and Bite (main branch on Chang Klan road, near Night Bazaar) is another Chiang Mai favorite known for good food and reasonable prices. They serve a few basic, but delicious, holiday dinners for much cheaper prices than the big boys, but I swear that their Turkey is the best in town. In fact, no matter which place I choose, I ALWAYS get a turkey dinner from Bake and Bite delivered to my bachelor pad as well.

Bake and Bite also delivers whole cooked Turkeys and any and all the trimmings to your house if you are planning a party.

053 820 761 Ask for Gai

There are also some trendy, somewhat expensive restaurants around that I usually find disappointing compared to these three. When I go there, I often end up feeling like I have spent much more money for smaller portions of similar or lesser quality. I should have gone to The Duke's.

I have not tried some of the newer, even more expensive places like The Chedi or The Oriental, but I have heard good things about them and hope to try them some day.

Edited by Ulysses G.

This Thursday the 27th ... tomorrow.
Does somebody know, when is Thanksgiving Day this year?

As it is every year.

Not true. Next year, for example, there is no Thursday, November 27th, and Thanksgiving will be on Thursday the 26th.

Still on a Thursday mind you...cannot reschedule the football game ( usually those stinkin Lions ) to another day..would throw the world into a paradox... :o

So what time does the Dukes start the feast? The wife is drooling..only farang chow she really goes for and that's all she's been talking about this morning...and I must admit..I could use it too. Mummmm.

I will miss my dead brother in law this year. It was always fun to make bets on when he would fall asleep on the couch post meal... :D

This Thursday the 27th ... tomorrow.
Does somebody know, when is Thanksgiving Day this year?

As it is every year.

Not true. Next year, for example, there is no Thursday, November 27th, and Thanksgiving will be on Thursday the 26th.

To be more exact, its the 4th Thursday of every November. The numerical date changes of course, but its always the 4th Thursday of November.

Hope this helps,

-Mestizo

Still on a Thursday mind you...cannot reschedule the football game ( usually those stinkin Lions ) to another day..would throw the world into a paradox... :o

Its ALWAYS the Lions. Lions host a game and Dallas hosts a game. Every year. The new thing now is a 3rd night time Thanksgiving game hosted on the NFL Network TV channel. The host of this 3rd game changes every year.

Go Cowboys! :D

-Mestizo

Does anyone know if any restaurant in Chiang Mai will serve traditional Thanksgiving dinner, with turkey, pumpkin pie, etc?

=============

Roast Turkey [ light & Dark Meat ]

Stuffing both wet and dry

Mashed potatos covered with Giblet Gravey

Mixed tossed salad & dressing

Corn on the cob

Candied Yams

Beverage 1, choice soft drink, brewed coffee, Iced or Hot tea, or 1 mug of draft beer

but unfortunately the pie selection which is also included with ice cream is apple, blueberry or cherry, but sweet potato pie not pumpkin

I guess this doesn't meet your requirements .... sorry

gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

=============

Corn on the cob

Candied Yams

Beverage 1, choice soft drink, brewed coffee, Iced or Hot tea, or 1 mug of draft beer

but unfortunately the pie selection which is also included with ice cream is apple, blueberry or cherry, but sweet potato pie not pumpkin

gonzo

Well, it sure meets mine! :o

Where?

Where?

Its ALWAYS the Lions. Lions host a game and Dallas hosts a game. Every year. The new thing now is a 3rd night time Thanksgiving game hosted on the NFL Network TV channel. The host of this 3rd game changes every year.

Go Cowboys! :D

-Mestizo

Seems to be tradition to watch the Lion's loose every T day..

Go Pack! ( as I hang my head in shame after what the "Ain'ts" did to 'em the other day... :D )

=============

Corn on the cob

Candied Yams

gonzo

Where?

Where?

=============

Can't say !!!!!

this forum has rules about self A=Grandize-meant and I sure wouldn't want to be banned ........ Again

but pick the pie and drink you like and I can eat it for you..... what are freinds for

gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

=============

Corn on the cob

Candied Yams

gonzo

Where?

Where?

=============

Can't say !!!!!

this forum has rules about self A=Grandize-meant and I sure wouldn't want to be banned ........ Again

but pick the pie and drink you like and I can eat it for you..... what are freinds for

gonzo

==========

I almost forgot......

if I could tell you,,,,,, I would also say.....

Includes Cranberry Sauce....

sorry but I don't think I can say that here

gonzo

Just got an email from Shangri La. here are the details if anyone is interested. I don't celebrate Thanksgiving and have no reason to but the turkey always looks good :o

Feasting is one of the best features of Thanksgiving Day at Shangri-la Hotel, Chiang Mai.

Enjoy Kad Kafe's special buffet dinner on 27 November 2008, with all its live cooking stations including roasted turkey and pumpkin pie.

THB 549++ for Thanksgiving buffet dinner.

For reservation please contact (053) 253 888 ext. 6807