Gay Man Brutally Murdered In Pattaya

jdinasia

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000007881

GAY MAN BRUTALLY MURDERED IN PATTAYA Updated: [November 25, 2008 ] :: 13:22:16 [view 310]

GAY MAN BRUTALLY MURDERED IN PATTAYA

In what was described by police as yet another awful case to happen in Pattaya a Thai gay man has been found dead inside his room. He had been stabbed repeatedly and robbed.

On 24 November 2008, at 6:30 pm, Pattaya Police investigator, police Major Sompol Nakkumpan was notified that a man had apparently been murdered at his room at the "Rai Sam Pee Nong" apartment, located at 46/62-63, South Pattaya Soi 5, Moo 10, Nongprue, Banglamung. A police team together with the Sawang Boriboon Rescue went to investigate.

When they arrived at the victim's room no.31 in the 4 storey apartment block the police found the door was securely locked from the outside and they had to cut off the padlock to enter. In the bedroom was the body of Mr. Tanorm Mungtet (32) from Sukhothai, who was lying face down on the floor, and wearing a white singlet and flowery shorts. His body was covered in blood and there were 7 stab wounds around his neck. Police presumed he had been dead for about one day.

The room had been thoroughly ransacked and almost all valuable items, including his bracelet, necklace [5-Baht gold weight each] and a watch were taken by the attacker. The TV and the fan were still switched on.

Police found many footprints throughout the room but they did not find the knife used in the attack.

continued at http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000007881

The room had been thoroughly ransacked and almost all valuable items, including his bracelet, necklace [5-Baht gold weight each] and a watch were taken by the attacker. The TV and the fan were still switched on.

Sad. RIP.

However, I think that the value of his gold was behind this sad encounter. It seems that now when economy is slowly hitting the Thais in denial, this kind of behavior will more likely become more rampant - unfortunately so.

10 Baht of gold (worth around 120.000 Baht) is a fortune to someone in dire need. We all - gay or not - should protect ourselves.

Take care. :o

How do the police know what was taken? The guy was dead! How did they know that he was gay? Was it the white singlet and flowery shorts? Is his being gay actually incidental to the crime? Strange story in my book.

Maybe you should check the original news. There it stated that he was working as mamasan in a gay establishment, had young guys coming to his place every now and then, had a friend concerned and saw him dead on the floor through a window. It is amazing how much Thais know about each others. If someone goes around with 10 Baht gold things, they will be gazing those like miracle-working amulets. You sound a bit naive if you haven't noticed how much Thais observe their fellows and are very street wise.

Jd has the link. Why don't you use it? Too tired to double click?

JD, do you know something we don't? I don't see from the report why it wouldn't be opportunistic robbery of some type.

Yes, good point! How can you be 99% sure about something you never witnessed. I assume you have vital evidence and suggest you contact the police. Or perhaps I can ask them to look in to your claim

I just wonder...how the guy liked a chap looking like this???

:o

Updated: [November 26, 2008 ] :: 21:30:57 [view 2099] <h3 class="textbule">EXCELLENT PATTAYA POLICE WORK TRACKS DOWN BRUTAL KILLER OF GAY MAN</h3> According to news reported on November 25, 2008 , Mr. Tanorm, a gay man, had been brutally murdered at his room. Police had presumed that he was killed by a companion he had brought back to his room on the day before the incident occurred.

The police team had been searching for the suspect throughout the gay community and trying to gather more information about him. The Police had shown pictures of the suspect to all the witnesses and finally found out that the suspect, a Mr. Abdul Lorman or Bird (19), had worked at the Dream Boy, a gay bar in Pattaya Land Soi 1.

With information obtained from his place of work, police armed with a warrant issued from the Pattaya court rushed to house no. 1/10 Moo.8 Soongnern, Nakornratchasima (Korat) where the suspect had lived before, but they did not find him there. After further investigation they finally managed to arrest the suspect at his friend's house in Kokgroout, Korat on the night of 25th November (two days after the crime had taken place).

p2.jpgp4.jpg

He still had all the victim’s valuables in his possession. Police took him back to Pattaya police station and announced the arrest to the press at 05.00 am. today (26th November) through police major Chalermsak Tientongsri the Chief of the inspection team. The suspect said he had met the victim about a month before through his work at the Dream Boy gay bar. The victim had paid to take the young man from the bar and after each service the young man got paid between 1800 and 2000 baht. Most of the time the victim had taken him to his room, where he was later found murdered.

p3.jpgp1.jpg

After they had been together for a while, the victim had offered to support him and got the young man to quit his job as a go-go boy. The suspect said Mr. Tanorm (the victim) liked to wear a lot of jewelry and also had a lot of cash and he liked to go out, gambling and living his life as a high-so Gay because he had a foreign boyfriend who kept sending him money - a hundred thousand baht each month. Late at night, on 23rd November, when the incident happened, he called Mr. Tanorm and they arranged to meet at his room. When he asked for some money, Mr. Tanorm refused.

p4.jpgp8.jpgp5.jpg

They had an argument because the victim demanded to have sex differently this time. He wanted to act the part of a go-go boy but when he refused, the victim started to call him names and acting crazy. The suspect then grabbed a knife and repeatedly stabbed him until he died.

I just wonder...how the guy liked a chap looking like this???

:o

Thanks for the news update. I don't wonder at all. Both the most unfortunate victim and the suspect seem quite good looking to me (allowing for the fact one that the suspect is not likely to be looking his best when in custody for murder!)

to think any life is worth so little to someone is sad.

Black Friday, a Wal-mart employee in New York state was opening the doors when he was trampled to death by shoppers eager to get their hands on these sale items; a Samsung 50-inch Plasma HDTV for $798, a Bissel Compact Upright Vacuum for $28, a Samsung 10.2 megapixel digital camera for $69 and DVDs such as "The Incredible Hulk" for $9.

Now that's sad!

Witness Kimberly Cribbs said shoppers acted like "savages."

"When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling, 'I've been on line since Friday morning!'" Cribbs said. "They kept shopping."

Good riddance. Another murderer off the streets!

It is a good thing that the police took this crime seriously. Even in the west, sometimes police are not interested in finding murderers of gay men.

When I first heard this, I did think it sounded like the perp was probably someone who knew the victim well, rather than a one off random thing.

Another case where it can be very dangerous to over promise in these parts, after it turns sour.

Edited by Jingthing