Explain Your Avatars

Abandon

Some pretty good avatars in this forum. Some people from here in our file share hub have explained theirs. Some interesting origins.....

My current avatar I thought was an X-ray of my mother, but is actually an elephants skull.

My last one was an anti capitalist poster in Russia and was banned there as it showed the Euro sign having sex with a Dollar sign. No one got the significance until it had been posted up all over Moscow.

So explain your Avatars :

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty straightforward - I was going to a Carabao gig a couple few weeks ago and wanted to check up on the net about which album one song came from. I thought I would use that as an avatar as I am getting into Carabao again. The music I listen to mostly at the moment. My previous one was one of my favourite musicians - Ian Curtis.

I like the funny avatars, especially got a laugh at the penguin one. I am too much of a luddite to be able to add one like that though.

"Pre-Khymer ruin near Buriram.

Sums up how I feel some days.

"

I would have sworn that was the ruin in Lopburi.

Now be careful, Lopburi is respected moderator. :o

Seriously there may well be other similar sites around the NE,

but that one is definitely at Prasat Muang Tam - The Sanctuary.

I took the photo about 2 months ago.

Nicked mine from the Lampang website.

I was in a hurry as someone else had just copied my previous avatar so just grabbed anything.

The avatar before that one was Lord Lucan hence the title missing member. However I could not get his piccy to stay there , it kept on going missing.

My avatar:

Zippy - UK Kids show icon from the 80's show Rainbow.

Holding a vinyl - Taken from when they went "clubbing" around year 2000 sometime, was a bit of a nostalgia trip for that generation.

Applies to me because...

* Some people say I look a bit like Zippy

* I collect vinyl and DJ as an after-work hobbie.

Nothing more to it...

I normally would use an anime character as my avatar but this one... i got pissed by a one-liner "regular" member post on my comments (and still pissed).

I will change as the new year approach, as they say "Auld Lang Syne".

Explorer :o

Edited by Explorer

i put up pictures of people whom i think are cool.

the latest is of Richard Feynman, nuclear physicist, raconteur, poet, bongo player, safe cracker, nobel laureate. he is the dude. picture is circa 1965.

before that it was Bruce Lee...heeeeeahh!

Mine is an animated snippit from a video diary I started making in August.

It's a boredom shot of me pretending to 'chew' what's left of my L&M menthol cigerette and was taken in my old apartment in Sukhamvit soi 97 a couple of days before I moved to Hua Hin.

It became an avatar on November 16th and credit for it's creation goes to Stroll who has the same digital camcorder as me.

At some point I want to seach through my four videotapes and see if I can find a better shot as I don't think it's a very good depiction of my personality.

Somebody recently commented that it makes me look like a nicotine addict on coke. :o

For my next avatar, I would like to have a shot of me trying to read a book titled 'How To Be Loved' while two topless models dance seductively either side of me, trying to get my attention and pouting at the camera.

That would be good - and it's possible too but would take some organising and setting up. :D

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

That troll who calls himself joe strummer prompted me to stand tall for the real man, hence my tribute to one of the true musical geniuses of our times. It's also amusing (in a petty way) to get a post right next to one of his rants and point out who's the more credible.

Before that it's been a gerbil and St. George's cross slowly waving in cyber-breeze.

I always, have a cow theme,as I have a dairy farm and keep cows.

I do a lot of searching on the web about dairy farming, and when I see something I usually save it, I change them some times, I think this is the best so far, but I can't remember where it came from!!, I've had pic's of my cow's as well, but they are a bit boring :o