Bangkok Airport Close And Flight Cancellation

pichai

I am very disappointed with Thailand's current political situation. The PAD has created a very image for Thailand, how could a group of BANDITS just go ahead to do whatever they want, as there is no one dare to challenge them. They disrupted the road traffic earlier now the air traffic and whats next????

I was confirmed to fly today, Tiger airways for Sin-Bkk and Airasia for Bkk-Cnx, however, both flights were cancelled early this monring. I received a text message from Airasia at 0308hrs alerting me that Bkk airport was closed and flight cancelled. Tigerairways don't even bother to inform the customer, I called Singapore airport and was informed that Bkk airport closed and flight TR102 cancelled. Booking done via internet they asked for all information telephone, mobile, fax numbers and email address, when crisis happen they don't even have the courtesy to text or email to inform the cutomers. This is really bad for Tiger airways, no customer service at all, I will think twice before I booked on the Tiger airways again in the furture. Luckily, they agreed to a full refund.

Possible only in Somalia, tribal regions between Pakistan and Afganistan an a few more failed states. Thugs controling government business:

"The PAD has completely taken control of Suvarnabhumi Airport so any airline that wants to take off or land must seek permission from us directly,'' said Chaiwat Sinswuwong, one of the leaders of the People's Alliance for Democracy.

"We have allowed one flight for the Hajj (Muslim pilgrimage) to take off, but not others'' he added.

Edited by think_too_mut

To all customers of Today Travel Asia travelling from or to Suvarnabhumi Airport:

We are writing to inform you that Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport has been shutdown today due to political protests in Bangkok targeting the airport. The protestors have partially blocked airport assess making arrivals and departure a problem.

Our staff are working hard both at the Thailand International Airport and at our office to ensure that impact to our clients is minimized. Staff are meeting our clients at the Suvarnabhumi Airport and making certain that all have a safe passage; while office staff are rescheduling and arranging accommodation for affected passengers.

We ask for your patience during this challenging time and ask our customers to call us on +66 26625637 for the latest up-date before setting off for your flight.

Please be assured that this is an internal political issue targeting Thai nationals and not foreigners. The disruption is localized to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Government House and the Thai Parliament. There have been no acts of violence against foreign tourists.

Government reports indicate that normal service should resume this evening (Thai GMT + 7hrs).

:o