Huay Teung Tao Reservoir Lake

Gladiator

I always enjoyed my visits to Huay Teung Tao when I lived in Chiang Mai, can't really get my head around some of the negative responses.

The coolest place I went to and stayed over night at though was the Mae Ngat reservoir at the Sri Lanna national park. I think it was about an hour or so north of Chiang Mai.

http://www.thainewsland.com/?l=en&a=283321

post-61198-1229015575_thumb.jpg

Yes the reservoir at Sri Lanna National Park is in quite a serene location with good swimming, although the water is deep and sometimes seems to have a current. The long-tail boat ride to the floating restaurants and guest houses is good fun.

The last time that I went - booked at Ekachai, which is slightly further on than the first group and around the bend in the reservoir. Good menu with some Western items. Table and chairs and the accommodation seemed a big improvement on some of the others

Tel 053857222

Although it is a little way out - definitely worth the trip and I think that they have now finished the roadworks. I showed my driving license at the National Park entrance and was only charged the Thai rate

Another lake in the hot springs area that has easy access and is good fishing/ good swimming :o

Follow 1317 out past the hot springs turnoff. Then travel for about 2k's to the only left-turn paved road. Follow this turn-off for another 2 k's to the end of the road. The lake is at the end of the road. :D