Tourist Needing Help

travellermom

Hi, I have a reservation to BKK and Chiang Mai arriving on Dec 2nd. Our first plan (we have all reserved) was to arrive in BKK on the second, take a train at night and arrive in Chiang Mai on the 3rd.

I wouldn't mind to skip BKK and just have my flight redirected to Chiang Mai, but I need to know what is happening there.

The people here is useless (one lady didn't even know about the problem in Bangkok).

Could someone call my airline there and ask where the flights are being redirect to? I know there are being redirected to somewhere, but nobody knows where...

Thanks!!! -I am pregnant, have a husband and a 3 yo with me!!!! - we need to go to thailand for a important business meeting.

Bangkok, ThailandOffice Address:11th Floor, Tonson Tower, 900 Ploenchit road, Post Code 10330, Bangkok, ThailandBusiness Hours:Ticketing 8:30am-5:00pm / Reservation 8:30am-5:30pm (Mon-Fri) Closed Sat-Sun. Office:+66 2 253 0088Reservations and Ticketing:+66 2 253 0099Fax:+66 2 252 2100

The airlines is Etihad, departing from Abu Dhabi, UAE at 10 pm.

Where is "here" ? It's either UK or the sand pit but why don't you speak to them there ? they HAVE to know.

You won't get much sense out the the Thais and even less truthful information you can rely on. Bury their heads in the sand is the way to go here.

Seriously, if pregnant and with a 3 year old (and no partner ?) then you should put off your business trip until this mess is sorted out.

If flying from UK then cancel Etihad and fly through a regional hub which flies direct t Chiang Mai (Singapore, Kuala Lumpur etc.)

:o terranova (above poster) is correct. I'm sure there are plenty of people here that would call for you, but the information they (the thais) will provide cannot be relied upon. Things change dramactically and even if they had some information to provide, it could change prior to your departure.

Recommend you calling a day or two prior to your departure, there, where you are departing from. Call the airlines direct or your travel agent.

Have you considered using an online telephony service, like SKYPE (dot com)?? We use it all the time when we can't get out on mobile or landline. Its cheap and computer-to-computer its free. Sorry if I sound like I own stock in the company (I don't) but if you're in a dire need, this is just one more option.

Good luck!

Perhaps do as someone else suggested, fly to KL, and then get a flight from there to Chiangmai.

If you want to know what is going on in Thailand then your best bet is to check with Reuters or the BBC as nobody here has a clue what is for lunch even.

No affiliation and be warned their "fair use policy" is horrible, www.voipdiscount.com or www.voipbusterpro.com are used for my calls to and from Thailand. the former lets me call Thai mobile phones as well. Skype out is way too expensive.

I could call, but things are bound to change nearer to the 2nd.

This situation is way to costly to continue indefinitely.

Many flights go to Phuket. Maybe you can change your flight or get a full refund and make alternative arrangements?

As a last resort, drop me a line if you need me to make that call.

Chris