Do You Share The Same Political Views As Your Thai Partner?

rixalex

Political views of you and your Thai partner  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The current political divide has caused a polarization of views, with most people seeming to feel quite strongly one way or the other - one only has to read a few TV threads to see this.

How about you and your partner? Do you share the same views? If not, how do you avoid this difference of opinion coming between you? Do you just avoid bringing it up, or are you able to discuss and disagree without harbouring any bad feelings?

The current political divide has caused a polarization of views, with most people seeming to feel quite strongly one way or the other - one only has to read a few TV threads to see this.

How about you and your partner? Do you share the same views? If not, how do you avoid this difference of opinion coming between you? Do you just avoid bringing it up, or are you able to discuss and disagree without harbouring any bad feelings?

The only view that counts is mine (don't tell her I said that).

Yes, we both hated PAD from beginning and knew they are nothing more than a bunch of criminals. :o

Time has proved that I was right. Current drama of airport and before PAD guys shooting with revolver shown on BBC and a lot of other pictures. Considering all these things, I dont think a person in his right mind would ever support PAD, who have only one agenda to keep pressing their ever-changing demands and killing innocent people and blocking airports which already caused 5 billion baht so far.

So say a bye bye to all of the following

- tourism

- self-sufficient economy

- a sustained economy

- reputation of the country

My Girlfriend and yy Thai friends have similar views to mine.

We recognize the view point of both sides and conclude that neither side is completely correct. We recognize that with such a wide economic and social dynamic that this is not a black and white situation. We recognize that democracy is mob rule whereby 51% can rule the other 49% and that democracy is the worst form of government other than all forms previously attempted (Quite: Churchill, Roosevelt).

We recognize that to realize improvement, something has to be done, but there no correct answer while democracy is on its knees.

We, agree, we disagree, we discuss and we respect each others opinions. We socialize, drink, get drunk and we discuss more openly, and we continue the cycle of this popular political discussion. I’ve been corrected and I’ve made corrections. I’ve been made to think greatly about the currently situation, we have stimulated each others thoughts….

We don’t let it affect our relationships or friendships… We each understand that in this there are no absolutes and no easy answers. But we all look for the answer regardless, we want to see improvement.

Having lived in other countries together you learn to be tolerant of different points of view. However at this exact point in time we are both sitting in front of the telly swearing and giving our opinions anytime anything yellow appears on the screen

We both agree that this could degenerate to a class war due to the PAD elitists and the racist bangkokonians,chinese/thai people.

Before you go branding every Bangkokian racist, you would surprised to learn that popular support for the occupier d' airport is marginal at best.

Then again, it's statements like your's above that only feed the Xenophobic mentality of those who can't think for themselves.

Anyways, enough arguing, time for beer.

My wife and I opinion is that we really could not care, as long as we are still making money tp provide who gives a fuc_k who runs the country. In the end the PPP/TRT and Dem's are probably just as bad as eachother. This is just a cycle and it has happened before and will happen again, business will soon resume and all will be forgotten.

Edited by bravingbangkok

The wife and I have no respect for terrorists. We love Thailand and wish the PAD would have hopped on that flight and enjoyed the Haj with their buddies.

Whatever side of the fence you are on, you would add so much more substance to your argument by stating your feelings in full with regards to both sides of the equation. Without doing so there's always the suspicion that your feelings are driven by something / someone else, rather than being reasoned and without prejudice.

For example, here, Siam4ever has told us that he has no respect for terrorists, which i guess must mean he doesn't respect criminals. What about criminals on the run? Now if he said he hated them too, we could see that there was some consistency to his opinion.

I think the taking over of Swampy has made many people who were neither pro or anti PAD move over to the "this has gone far enough and should stop" camp. Certainly that is the case with my wife and some of her friends. Her family, which is from Isaan, remain strong Thaksin supporters, well the younger ones certainly are.

I think the taking over of Swampy has made many people who were neither pro or anti PAD move over to the "this has gone far enough and should stop" camp. Certainly that is the case with my wife and some of her friends. Her family, which is from Isaan, remain strong Thaksin supporters, well the younger ones certainly are.

Agreed, there needs to be some sort of process put in place to resolve this situation over the weekend as anything past Monday is going to have serious repercussions on Thailand and it's people, not that it has not already.

The wife and I have no respect for terrorists. We love Thailand and wish the PAD would have hopped on that flight and enjoyed the Haj with their buddies.

Whatever side of the fence you are on, you would add so much more substance to your argument by stating your feelings in full with regards to both sides of the equation. Without doing so there's always the suspicion that your feelings are driven by something / someone else, rather than being reasoned and without prejudice.

For example, here, Siam4ever has told us that he has no respect for terrorists, which i guess must mean he doesn't respect criminals. What about criminals on the run? Now if he said he hated them too, we could see that there was some consistency to his opinion.

I have no respect for the terrorists who seized the airports. These terrorists denied access to planes to Christians and Buddhists while giving free access to Muslims who wanted to attend the Haj. I know folks who were denied access to planes out of Thailand to attend funerals for family members and to visit very sick parents. So why do they think the Muslims are higher status than the Buddhists or Christians, for that matter? They stink!

that's an interesting one; the wifey (a laureate at CM uni) is influenced by people of her middle class Bangkokian environment and work colleagues to dislike Thakisin, she ain't keen on PAD either but initially lukewarm supported their claims. We have had some interesting debates at social occasions. The funny thing is that most of her relatives (not all), back in Isaan, strongly support Thaksin. I enjoy their lively family debates, she and her mum can get worked up about it :o lol

But now they recognise the lunacy of supporting an extreme movement with an hidden fascist agenda (PAD) versus a corrupt and autocratic party (TRT) that has populist support and social policies It's quite an odd political situation, damned either way. However following the storming of the two BKK airports, it has finally dawned on them that PAD has made Thailand lose face with the international community and seriously damaged the economy in the process. This is a powerful combination for Thais - make them lose face & money, and you won't last long