Payap University - International Day

richard10365

My university is having our annual fair of cultural diversity. I thought some Thai Visa members might want to attend. They just sent me an email and I thought I would post it here.

********************************************************************************

This year marks the 6th Annual International Day at Payap University to celebrate our diversity. This event includes food from all over the world, cultural performances, free and fun games and activities, participants dressed in vibrant traditional clothes, and an opportunity for everyone to share and learn about new people, cultures and countries. Everyone is welcome - students, friends, family, teachers, Chiang Mai community members - from children to grandparents, this event will have something for everyone.

This year we'll have European, Asian, Middle Eastern, and North American food from countries like Turkey, Myanmar, Korea, USA, China, France, Thailand, Germany, Italy, Vietnam, and Japan. A dunk tank, guitar hero, virtual pinball, trivia games, cookie decorating, calligraphy, and other free activities will keep you busy between the food sampling.

When you need a rest, take a seat on the lawn and enjoy the entertainment program of songs, dances, martial arts demonstrations, acoustic performances, and even some rap and hip hop from our very talented students, both Thai and international.

You can purchase a Payap Passport (only 20 baht) to collect country stamps as you check out over 30 stalls and booths. The passport is also a ballot to win big prizes (like a TV, gift vouchers, etc.) in the event raffle (ballot closes at 7pm sharp). Please note, you MUST be present to claim your prize!

So, come, join the usual 400+ participants who partake in the festivities every year --

How to get to Payap University

Click Here

This was the Payap International Day in 2004. It gets bigger and better every year.

post-31308-1227951001_thumb.jpg post-31308-1227951092_thumb.jpg post-31308-1227951184_thumb.jpg

Wow,....It's huge now compared to that. There's no way Payap's gym could hold all the activities that are going on now. I think we have more than 30 different booths this year with dozens of acts.

3 days left to until the event. I hope anyone who has free time can attend. I'm sure there's something there you will like!

I'm thinking about doing the language course there. Is there likely to be a desk there where I might be able to get some reliable information??

If you are thinking of studying Thai Language feel free to PM me, I've been studying with them for 6 months now. I'll try and answer all I can.

Lithobid

Guys, will reply here because you might both be able to help.

Thing is I speak Thai fairly well, can read not too badly. But I now want to go to the next level - beyond standard conversation etc etc; and maybe even formalise it by ending up with a degree.

I've heard mixed things about the time required. I'm wondering how flexible the hours are? How intense it is? What if I cant make it some weeks because of work/travel?? Is the course worth the fees?

I gathered there is a course which consists of all farangs tryign to study, i guess mostly to get Ed visa. But I know an 'inter' student whose Thai class is mixed foreigner - luk kruengs... she says that class is fairly easy going??

Anyway - whose best to approach out a Payap?? Or maybe I could meet you guys out there on Wednesday??

Guys, will reply here because you might both be able to help.

Thing is I speak Thai fairly well, can read not too badly. But I now want to go to the next level - beyond standard conversation etc etc; and maybe even formalise it by ending up with a degree.

I've heard mixed things about the time required. I'm wondering how flexible the hours are? How intense it is? What if I cant make it some weeks because of work/travel?? Is the course worth the fees?

I gathered there is a course which consists of all farangs tryign to study, i guess mostly to get Ed visa. But I know an 'inter' student whose Thai class is mixed foreigner - luk kruengs... she says that class is fairly easy going??

Anyway - whose best to approach out a Payap?? Or maybe I could meet you guys out there on Wednesday??

You can meet us there on Wednesday and we I can introduce you to one of the Thai teachers.

I just got a list of prizes they are raffling off Wednesday night.

3 sets of lunch buffet tickets at the Suriwongse Hotel. Each set is for 2 persons each.

5 round trip bus tickets to Mae Sai

1 each 21 inch flat screen TV

2 cash prizes of 5000 baht

The raffle ticket is only 20 baht.

Edited by richard10365

Went along, some great food, especially the Samosas!

Didnt stay too long though, there wasnt a bar or beer on sale. The missus (Thai) said this is usual in Thai schools, but I was surprised, as this was a university, and we even had a bar for 17 plus year olds in school in England.

Good do though, just BYOB!

Went along, some great food, especially the Samosas!

Didnt stay too long though, there wasnt a bar or beer on sale. The missus (Thai) said this is usual in Thai schools, but I was surprised, as this was a university, and we even had a bar for 17 plus year olds in school in England.

Good do though, just BYOB!

Payap is a Christian University so they don't allow beer sales on campus. However, we don't tell people they should not drink, we just encourage them to do it responsibly.

I'm glad everyone liked the show. I had a great time as MC. We hope to see everyone again next year for International Day 7 in 2009!

Sports Week is up next for Payap from the 8th to the 12th of December if anyone is interested in watching football, basketball, volleyball or badminton. Come on out and watch the games!