Motorcycle Registration

Amsterdam

Hello All,

I will soon be purchasing a second hand Motorcycle in Pattaya. The bike will be under my wife name. I have two questions.

1) Should we change the ownership from the current owner to the new owner in Pattaya before bringing it to Buriram? How should I do this?

2) I will be bringing the bike from Pattaya to Buriram and I plan to change the plates. do I need to do anything In Pattaya before changing plates in Buriram?

Thanks for any advise on this.

Amsterdam

Amsterdam,

On item one I would register it in Pattaya at the Transportation office (same place you get a drivers license out on hwy 36) as if you had a problem the current owner would be available. If it was me I would take him with me to the office.

On item 2 I would leave the plates as they are when you move to Buriram as you can renew every year with Pattaya plates. I have moved to Korat from Pattaya and have renewed my bike registration with Pattaya plates with no problems. Also my car has Bangkok plates and i renew it in Korat with problems.

Hope this helps

Hi Am

As you know my car is registered in Pattaya, and I have no problem renewing the tax each year locally. Pattaya transport office told me there was no need to change the number plates etc -only make sure you renew the tax every year.

See you on 12th - not sure which year though. You should have bought a jump jet not a motorcycle!