Herbs For Detox And Health

girlx

does anyone know if there is anyplace to buy herbal detox and remedy products in bangkok? like milk thistle for liver, valerian for sleep etc. i looked at places like GNC and pharmacies but there isn't anything like this so far.

i looked at this stuff yesterday and none of it seemed to be all that great. seems like an untapped market here. i would love to be able to grow my own... just don't know where to get started.

i agree, it would... i think it is difficult to bring herbal products through customs so would have to figure out how to grow them here.... where is it you order your milk thistle from???

i agree, it would... i think it is difficult to bring herbal products through customs so would have to figure out how to grow them here.... where is it you order your milk thistle from???

From www. Lloyd Wright.org. He's a nice guy helping ppl, and not afraid to answer your e-mails in 1-2 days, with the advice you need.

he has some good thistle :o

Hai, on Sukhomvit road, if you walk from Sukh. soi 19 (near Robinson/Mc.Donalds) towards Sukh. soi 15, on the right side there is a small vitamin shop, it's a 5 minute walk from Mc Donalds, they have detox products there, also milk thistle, i bought it there a few times already.

Hai, on Sukhomvit road, if you walk from Sukh. soi 19 (near Robinson/Mc.Donalds) towards Sukh. soi 15, on the right side there is a small vitamin shop, it's a 5 minute walk from Mc Donalds, they have detox products there, also milk thistle, i bought it there a few times already.

Do you know where the Milk Thistle comes from? Local or imported?

Do you know where the Milk Thistle comes from? Local or imported?

• 1 month later...
does anyone know if there is anyplace to buy herbal detox and remedy products in bangkok? like milk thistle for liver, valerian for sleep etc. i looked at places like GNC and pharmacies but there isn't anything like this so far.

There is no need to buy foreign imports with suspect quality when Thailand has lots of amazing herbs. I just had a fantastic 10-day detox in Hua Hin with an incredibly knowledgeable guy who taught me yoga, meditation and other stuff and used Ayurveda (Apparently I'm a 'Pitta-Kapha'! ) to identify what I was doing wrong with both my body and my life :o . I can't remember the Thai name for it but he mentioned one that was 'the best herb for supporting and detoxing the liver'.

He also advised me to take care with store products. Apparently, things like detox kits have chemicals in them and manufacturers are just climbing on the bandwagon labelling everything 'detox' to make a profit. He says they are useless.

I wish everybody could experience the terrific week I did! He definitely turned me around, got rid of my depression (the laughing meditation was so funny!) and I feel so full of energy now it's hard to believe I'm the same person.

There are indeed a wide range of Thai herbal products around, some of which have been researched by the Thai Ministry of Health. Many ogvernment hospitals sell approved brands.

Problem is the labelling is entirely in Thai and I have yet to see anything in English that explains what the varioius herbs are, their supposed properties, and what if any studies ahve been done on same.

Anyone know of an English languiage source for this info?

• 1 year later...

Seems fine, can you give me the guys name and address ?

There is no need to buy foreign imports with suspect quality when Thailand has lots of amazing herbs. I just had a fantastic 10-day detox in Hua Hin with an incredibly knowledgeable guy who taught me yoga, meditation and other stuff and used Ayurveda (Apparently I'm a 'Pitta-Kapha'! ) to identify what I was doing wrong with both my body and my life :o . I can't remember the Thai name for it but he mentioned one that was 'the best herb for supporting and detoxing the liver'.

He also advised me to take care with store products. Apparently, things like detox kits have chemicals in them and manufacturers are just climbing on the bandwagon labelling everything 'detox' to make a profit. He says they are useless.

I wish everybody could experience the terrific week I did! He definitely turned me around, got rid of my depression (the laughing meditation was so funny!) and I feel so full of energy now it's hard to believe I'm the same person.