Suvarnabhumi PAD Protest Continues

Jai Dee

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know how many police were injured because as far as i am aware it has not been published. The PAD publicly stated that the isaan people hold the majority vote in Thailand and that is where Thaksin gets most of his support. That is also common knowledge and that is what this is really all about isn't it. The PAD don't want Thaksin to return because if he did he would be re elected in a breath. Sad but true.

The other point is that i believe that this is more personal than the goals of the PAD. Sondhi and Thaksin have a past and i am sure that you are aware of that. I think it's more a point of getting even than anything else.

Cheers, Rick

Rick ... again --- look at the last elections and how they worked out. The PPP got fewer votes than the Democrats and were forced to form a coalition government.

I don't remember too many governments in Thailand that weren't coalition governments! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

So the PAD are stealing at the airport now?

I assume PAD supporters, while defending the overall aim of the occupation of the airport, couldn't possibly suggest the PAD are exempt from prosecution for theft.There's no leg to stand on there.

He is out of country, but exile implies no control and severed ties.

this is NOT the case. He is on the run, but only just because

the warrents haven't been sent internationally, since his puppet,

BIL, PM has prevented the sympatico FM from doing so.

If Interpol had a warrant in hand he would be lifted already.

He still pulls the strings and stirs the pot by phone and bank transfer.

it is not obsession to be dead set against a dangerous meglomaniac.

Just because he ONCE was PM and has proven political accumen,

doesn't mean he is stable, or safe to allow back in control.

Lift the viel, lift the veil!

Destroying PAD does NOT end this horror show.

They are the symptom, not the source.

I could just as easily tell you to stop being paranoid and dreaming everything up.

Why do you and other Thaksin obsessed people assume you know exactly what is going on? You don't. You're just pissing in the wind.

Ah, so this comes from the catbird seat of all wisdom.

You use the word obession, that's your choice,

it may even reflect your world view,

but not mine.

There's 76 Billion baht frozen in several banks here,

that says this ain't over yet and Thaksins is STILL pulling strings big time.

Get real.

Police spokesman Maj. Gen. Amnuay Nimmano said the protesters would be told to leave the airports. If they did not, a deadline will be issued with another warning, "the last one before we take action," he said.

Let's hope the BIB mean it, but I still have my doubts. :o

How many times will it be before it is the real "last time"? How long can Thailand afford to be cut off from the world like this?

It's not rocket science people......

CUT OFF THE ELECTRIC AND WATER......!!!!!

Jesus H., how weak and pathetic is this Government / Police / Army??

:o

Didn't they just say on the news here that nobody is being allowed in or out now so that food won't be getting in? I assumed the water and electricity would be the next step. Sounds like the PAD have plenty of supplies, though it's interesting we're hearing that they are looting shops inside the terminal now.

Hmm... anyone got an concrete sources about this? I'm just repeating what my sister-in-law said she'd heard on Thai TV.

we just sent big amount of coke, water, cake and coffee as donation for the PAD, my wife gave 5.000 Baht for buying food, so there should be more than enough. Often the shops even don't want to take the money or give much more than ordered.

I saw a picture on one website of a literal mountain for food supplies. Where are they cooking?

Last week's clash with yellow-arm-banded PAD people calculatedly pointing and shooting weapons directly into the melee in the street

Yes, it was a melee, the reds tried to ambush PAD trucks loaded with their guards and got comeuppance.

YH, your ideological stand has completely blinded you, just like it did with our late Colonel. Have you conveniently forgotten one VERY memorable Udon rally? Have you chosen to consciously ERASE that from your memory.

plus, you repeated it again and again and had to be corrected. PAD try to ambush and break into a radio station.

that the RED throw the first stones was reported shortly after but later corrected and what really occurred i told you too.

how about to save some memory for that.

As for Vibhavadi clash yesterday - there are reports that PAD convoy was ambushed and iron bars were thrown at the vehicles. Pity those who got caught by the pissed off PAD guards, they are not likely to check for fingerprints.

NO, forget it. that was just the first kneejerk style of apologizing what happend.

it was an ambush planned by the PAD. try to break into a taxi radio station. read here.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=132291

People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) protesters on Tuesday evening clashed with a group of pro-government taxi drivers on Vibhavadi Road, which left at least 11 injured. Two of the taxi drivers suffered gunshot wounds.

According to the police, the PAD demonstrators attempted to break into the Khon Rak Taxi (Taxi Lovers) radio station on Vibhavadi Road, Soi 3, but a group of taxi drivers prevented them. As a result, both sides exchanged blows and threw things at each other until more than 60 policemen arrived to settle the situation.

did you see in the video?

watch here again

did you see how PAD fired with guns from the loudspeaker truck? that is attempted murder. did you see how they destroyed the moto bike?did you see all those gangsters in rage there with clubs on the street? how they confront the camera man, stop him to do his filming? how they catch one moto cyce taxi driver and hold a long knife on his throat? another case of scum action from the violent and armed PAD thugs. how sick one must be trying to justify this? sick and disgusting. PAD are SCUM. puke on them.

no pity with them if they have to face police force.

and what happen in Chiang Mai, i ask a couple of times, if someone have reports about it and can gave me a link to it. keep in mind that it wouldn't be the first time that updates show incidents in an other light then the first reports suggested.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/toc/ViewData...?DataID=1010826

But we all know the pro government red shirts would never resort to violence, we know for a FACT the pad are dropping grenades on themselves to get sympathy for there cause. We know thaksin is innocent of all crimes before he was pm, while he was pm, and we know for a fact when he said he was no longer involved in politics it was true. All hail Lord Thaksin and pray for his safe return to save us with his generosity.

I'm more concerned with the loss of life on both sides. It is sad to see people that truly believe in there cause being sacrificed for the SELF SERVING bastards on BOTH side's whose only concern is lining there pockets with more money.

the problem is the "news" article has ZERO credibility, because of the source: TOC.

the other incident on Vibhavadi Road was world wide news.with that video that appear on BBC. did TOC report about it? No. in the world of TOC news the Vibhavadi Road shooting didn't happen.

isn't that strange?

and there are a couple of reports you can read on TOC that never happen. just look at the first entry, the reports about that police had shoot at PAD protesters. i didn't happen.

like i said, keep in mind that it wouldn't be the first time that updates show incidents in an other light then the first reports suggested.

and i don't want count here death for death and look who have a free shoot to draw even.

and i am voice my concern about the PAD violence i got always told i must watch at the red thugs and that they are more bad. blah, blah. standard excuse by PAD lovers. and i am not a red shirt.

like the recent CM event, got mentioned here a couple of times in the discussion. but that justified nothing.

that shooting from the truck is attempted murder. and i don't try to find excusses for murderer.

Joined today, the second posting and you know exactly what urls are not allowed to post and trying to point to an anti-monarchy information.

Another incarnation of a banned poster methink....

i think that url would be allowed, problem is that comments there appear and maybe got added in future. in such cases internet laws are not always clear.

but h90, instead just jumping on the messenger and his post count, why you don't give a comment to what is actually written?

it's an article by Associate Professor Giles Ji Ungpakorn, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok. he often get bashed by the proPAD crowd. another case of shooting at the messenger.

he is for sure not ProThaksin, same as the site where the article appear, those people suffered from Thaksins censorship attempts. so take your time proPADler, you claim to fight in their names.

those people informed us about Tak-bai, disappearring muslim lawyers, war on drugs etc. the thaksin scam.

Professor Giles was also the one who exposed Samak. go back 1976- Samak sitting in a radio station and make announcements that, so argues Giles, incite the violence that later occurred.

Samak brought Giles to court for that.

that sidenote of the oct. 1976,exposed by Giles, was later used here in the forum to blame nearly Samak alone for the full responsibility what happen in oct.1976.

harsh words Giles use there, but it's worth to take your time and read it.

and like this artice by Professor Giles, i read many articles written by academics and such, do my studies on the subject . thats is the way among other things i made my mind up. or found my owm conclusions backed up and verified. that is the way i go before i voice my opinion, i do only when i feel that i am informed enough.

so PAD lover guys, how do you made your minds up? where you got your informations from? is therea website, where some academics or other wise people explain why PAD is cool stuff?

I was surprised at the vitriol of H90, I just found an interesting article, and I like to see things from both sides, as being a non-Thai and living here for a long time I do not feel right taking sides. In essence I believe in what PAD stands for but I also think there are many other agendas behind their actions which I would disagree with and go against their virtuosic front.

Also, I was never banned from TV. You are quite presumptive to think that. I just thought it would be fun to start making comments on my own after reading TV for a while now.

It's not rocket science people......

CUT OFF THE ELECTRIC AND WATER......!!!!!

Jesus H., how weak and pathetic is this Government / Police / Army??

Didn't they just say on the news here that nobody is being allowed in or out now so that food won't be getting in? I assumed the water and electricity would be the next step. Sounds like the PAD have plenty of supplies, though it's interesting we're hearing that they are looting shops inside the terminal now.

Hmm... anyone got an concrete sources about this? I'm just repeating what my sister-in-law said she'd heard on Thai TV.

Where does it say they are looting? The last account is they are not.

I have been for a couple of walks through the airport and the PAD seems very organised including their own security. There are open shops that have nothing removed from them with only a few PAD members around to police it. No one is allowed past passport control.
Edited by frodo

Someone explain me this:

- If the PPP is dissolved on December 2nd anyways, why occupy the airports for a week if it leads to the same result?

- What happens if the PPP is not dissolved on December 2nd? Will PAD continue?

If the PPP is dissolved, the PAD will still be there. You won't see them happy until they they can be the self appointed dictat....leaders of Thailand. I have no love for PPP but they aren't the only snakes in this field.

He is out of country, but exile implies no control and severed ties.

this is NOT the case. He is on the run, but only just because

the warrents haven't been sent internationally, since his puppet,

BIL, PM has prevented the sympatico FM from doing so.

If Interpol had a warrant in hand he would be lifted already.

He still pulls the strings and stirs the pot by phone and bank transfer.

it is not obsession to be dead set against a dangerous meglomaniac.

Just because he ONCE was PM and has proven political accumen,

doesn't mean he is stable, or safe to allow back in control.

Lift the viel, lift the veil!

Destroying PAD does NOT end this horror show.

They are the symptom, not the source.

I could just as easily tell you to stop being paranoid and dreaming everything up.

Why do you and other Thaksin obsessed people assume you know exactly what is going on? You don't. You're just pissing in the wind.

Ah, so this comes from the catbird seat of all wisdom.

You use the word obession, that's your choice,

it may even reflect your world view,

but not mine.

There's 76 Billion baht frozen in several banks here,

that says this ain't over yet and Thaksins is STILL pulling strings big time.

Get real.

Sorry, but read your post. You are acting like the "catbird seat of all wisdom" and like you know everything about Thaksin and what he is doing. It's a pretty bizzare comment coming from a member who uses the all-seeing-eye symbol as his avatar thereby giving the impression that you're the seat of wisdom.

I'm sick of hearing about it because it's all just supposition garnered from tidbits of information you've read here and there across the media. Of course you know exactly how much money he has in several banks here because you read about it somewhere.

I'm suggesting that you're exaggerating your knowledge of what Thaksin is up to because like many of you are who are Thaksin obsessed, you're just parroting the general gossip we see on here everyday.

Edited by tropo

And Thai TV doesn't help at all (games shows, soap operas and Thai boxing).

Tell me about it. No freedom of press here. A major crisis and they act like it's business as usual. Really quite depressing if you work in a media field and actually aspire to broadcast news.

Do you think that the govt. has issued censorship rules, or do you think that the networks just don't think the general Thai people are that interested in the situation? Hard to sell Mike and Golf Fruit Juice and silly Sunsilk commercials if you have serious stuff on television. Plus Sunday has the slapstick variety shows with weird guys in drag, heaven forbid if that rare form of entertainment were to be pre-empted by silly stuff like the fate of the nation.

Peace usually can be achieved without violence. War-loving is the worst fantasy world of all. Almost one third of all humans now live in more-or-less free nations that achieved their independence since 1945, without war. I know that sometimes violence is certain because for many people, violence is the only language they speak, and they are in denial.

I'll have to disagree with you on that. It would be more accurate to say "peace can occassionally be achieved without violence". Most nations are as they are now as a result of war over the last couple hundred years. I think you're living in some kind of Peter Pan fantasy world. At least that's the impression I always get when I see your avatar. :o

Most free nations consider it necessary to build and maintain substantial armed forces to maintain peace. There are always fanatical aggressors out there who cannot be negotiated with. PAD are one good example.

Maybe my avatar is a decoy, and I really am a terrorist. :D Tinkerbell is my mercenary buddy. :D :D

At the risk of repeating, 'Almost one third of all humans now live in more-or-less free nations that achieved their independence since 1945, without war.' Two world wars taught our world to think differently than it had for the last couple hundred years. Would you like to list the wars since 1945 that made the same failing mistakes, whilst I list those nations amongst those who got their freedom without war?

But what do Thais know of world history? Well, more than we may give some of their leaders credit for. PAD had some right ideas, which they have run off the rails into the ditch. UDD knows how to speak the language of violence, too. :D

All this is happening because of one man. I have never fully understood the extreme hatred against Thaksin. Was Thaksin really so bad that it is worth the risk setting back the nation for decades to block his return?

I have compiled a list of achievements and policies during his term, and tried my best to reamin balanced. The first points are mainly positive, and the latter ones negative. Feel free to comment! My intent is only gain a better understanding of the situation.

1. Economic Facts and Statistics

The GDP grew from THB 4.9 trillion at the end of 2001 to THB 7.1 trillion at the end of 2006

Thailand repaid its debts to the International Monetary Fund 2 years ahead of schedule.

Public sector debt fell from 57% of GDP in January 2001 to 41% in September 2006

Foreign exchange reserves doubled from US$30 billion in 2001 to US$64 billion in 2006

The economy in the Northeast, rose 40 per cent while nation-wide poverty fell from 21.3 per cent to 11.3 per cent.

2. Introduced subsidized universal health care and low-cost universal access to anti-retroviral HIV medication (ARVs).

This policy is criticized as being populist. MedicAid was introduced in America (1965) when its economy was on a similar level as Thailand. Seems to me like a fair and sensible policy.

3. Introduced low-interest agricultural loans to villages

This policy was also criticized as being populist. However, Muhammad Yunus from Bangladesh received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2006 for giving this kind of microloans to poor people in 2006.

It is also accused by some as vote-buying. If this is vote-buying, then everything is vote-buying. There is no policy that will not benefit some group in the society more than another.

4. Introduced the "One District, One Scholarship" program which provided one student from a low-income family in each district with a scholarship to study overseas.

5. The War on Drugs

According to Human Rights Watch more than 2,000 people were killed, and many of them may not have been involved in the drug trade. This issue does not seem to be a key issue to the overthrow of Thaksin

6. The Insurgency in Southern Thailand

Thaksin's tough policies in this conflict may have eliminated chances to reach a peaceful settlement.

7. Corruption Charges

According to Transparency International, Thailand was actually perceived as less corrupt in 2005 than 2001. Most corruption charges against Thaksin seem to involve conflict of interest

8. The Sale of Shin Corporation

Appears to be the issue that tipped the scale resulting in the military coup. I do not fully understand what upset people the most. Was it the 49% sale of a Thai company to foreigners? Or was it because the sale was tax-free (what does the law say about this)?

9. Accumulation of Power and Wealth

It is often argued that Thaksin’s accumulation of power and wealth, put checks and balances out of order and the nation at risk. The argument would be that even if Thaksin lost an election in the future, he would be so powerful that he would still remain in charge in practice. This is an argument impossible to prove though.

anyone see the article on bangkokpost.com about the situation at Utapao. bunch of girls from a pattaya hotel show up to do a dance show to entertain the crowds, all in time to a song with the words: "You'll fall in love in Pattaya. There's no better place to be." all this whilst surrounded by armed soldiers and thousands of people scrambling to get on flights, at an airport with one xray machine. Now I have been increasingly agitated by this protest but the thought of this happening had me laughing out loud at the screen, anyone else find it funny? its brightened my day!

. Would you like to list the wars since 1945 that made the same failing mistakes, whilst I list those nations amongst those who got their freedom without war?

It's way off topic, but you could list them if you like. I would say a large number of them were given independance from the colonial powers which were at war in 1945. I don't think it proves your point that peace is easy to achieve without violence. There's been plenty of dictators running countries since 1945 who were not open to peaceful negotiations.

Someone explain me this:

- If the PPP is dissolved on December 2nd anyways, why occupy the airports for a week if it leads to the same result?

- What happens if the PPP is not dissolved on December 2nd? Will PAD continue?

The PPP will be dissoveld 100% on Tuesday ,and under Thai law the Judges desicion cannot be questioned ,the PPP will

be forced to accept and dissolve the party , funny how the PAD do not accet the descion agaist them to leave the airport

but want the PPP to accept the desicion against them , The PAD are hypocrites of the highest nature ,and have no respect for

any law , also the PAD agenda about the poor not being allowed to vote as they are not educated enougth , there is a word for that

it,s called RACISM, just as the world is trying to stop it ,these guys want to introduce it as democracy

I think the real reason why the opposition hates Thaksin is because he fought corruption. Sondhi and Chamlong didn't get as many bribes anymore as before.

Can you provide some evidence for that statement? I'm not challenging you, but if you have some history to back it up I'd like to hear it.... :o

Evidence of what? That Sondhi and Chamlong are angry? It's not exactly rocket science to see that these guys don't care about the country and it's people. Otherwise they wouldn't ruin the economy and cause millions of job losses, which is what is happening right now. If the PPP is dissolved in a few days anyways, why step in and ruin the country a week before? Use your heads, people.

we just sent big amount of coke, water, cake and coffee as donation for the PAD, my wife gave 5.000 Baht for buying food, so there should be more than enough. Often the shops even don't want to take the money or give much more than ordered.

Good job....NOT :o

Feed the terrorists.

Terrorists are human too. Human need to be fed. :D:D:D