Suvarnabhumi PAD Protest Continues

Jai Dee

we just sent big amount of coke, water, cake and coffee as donation for the PAD, my wife gave 5.000 Baht for buying food, so there should be more than enough. Often the shops even don't want to take the money or give much more than ordered.

I saw a picture on one website of a literal mountain for food supplies. Where are they cooking?

On the roadway, the pick up and drop off areas out front of the building on the 4th floor. I only seen noodles and fruit at the airport (SBM)

SBM? hmmm?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no mention about the PM doing a runner on the BBC news just now at 17.20 ?????

marshbags :o

Yes I heard him say that also , something along the lines of - Thai PM has apparently already fled the country due to personal reasons!

This hasn't been reported anywhere else?

The BBC were saying that somebody had said that Thai TV has said That Somchai MAY have already fled the country.

Friend heard that somebody had said that maybe.... was all it amounted to.

PM visits Nakhon Panom province

Somchai visited the province to pay respect to Pratart Panom Temple, he said.

He travelled from Chiang Mai where he lately used as his office after anti-government protesters seized two Bangkok airports.

Easier to escape from there?

Hmmm , i really don't think it is easier to escape from there then from CM . CM is so close to the border , has a very good international airport and plenty of support for him there . No way it is easier in Nakhon Panom .

Well, Nakhom Phanom is in issaan, so I would think there is support for him there, and of course it's a 5 minutes boat ride to Laos from there :o

They do have an airport there, but I guess it's one or two flights a day (pb air to BKK) aren't running at the moment.

but then again, this applies to the average Thai person in the street. Guns are a very big part of Thai life, I often see the result of this in my work.

I have to object to this statement. Unlike the US where you can buy guns in Walmart, Guns are in strict control in Thailand. One can be arrested simply having guns in their procession.

LOL I didn't say they were legally in possession. I live here and see guns almost weekly in my work. And for sure the police have NO control over them and their distribution.

I agree, not as much as the US, but in the US, more would be held legally.

And its not just guns, I would say more than 50% of cars have other weapons in them. Mostly machete type knives and battons.

Its a fact, and like you, I object to it but its a fact I deal with everyday.

we just sent big amount of coke, water, cake and coffee as donation for the PAD, my wife gave 5.000 Baht for buying food, so there should be more than enough. Often the shops even don't want to take the money or give much more than ordered.

I saw a picture on one website of a literal mountain for food supplies. Where are they cooking?

On the roadway, the pick up and drop off areas out front of the building on the 4th floor. I only seen noodles and fruit at the airport (SBM)

SBM? hmmm?

Sorry I was trying to start a new acronym for Suwanabhumi airport(I'm tired, lazy and cant spell!)

SBM? hmmm?

Sorry I was trying to start a new acronym for Suwanabhumi airport(I'm tired, lazy and cant spell!)

Ah, you were talking about SBM Concert Hall :o

Condo-bk...

regarding the 'creative thinking' comment do you have any facts to call upon that show corruption was higher under Thaksin? Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the guy, but so far we've just got that corruption index and that goes contrary to what you're saying. Obviously if you've nothing concrete to call upon your comment holds no weight whatsoever.

Do you really asking for corruption statistics?

"we've just got that corruption index" - come on, be real. How many PMs were convicted on corruption charges?

I see. So you've nothing then.

As you were.

A thought just occurred to me...

During the turbulent '60's & early 70's in the U.S., it was quite common for the FBI to infiltrate the more radical anti-war movement groups, Black Panthers, etc., and stop some potentially disruptive/violent/illegal activity.

Are the Thai's so incompetant, that they couldn't forsee this coming or received info regarding the planned siege at the airport and stopped it before it got out hand?

I guess I've answered my own question.

Please read the forum rules again before posting as posts and their responses have been deleted.
Discussion of topics concerning the King or other current or deceased members of the Thai Royal Family is forbidden.

Care to explain why my post about Napoleon has been deleted? Mods need a history lesson, me thinks. :o

There was no mention about the PM doing a runner on the BBC news just now at 17.20 ?????

marshbags :D

Yes, there was. It was mentioned about 17:15. The reporter did say is was unconfirmed, but Thai TV has been reporting it.

Let me modify / expand on my observation at 17.20ish................ no confirmed report :o:D

It has just been said that Somchai is now at the Chareonsri hotel at Udonthani by the PAD but not confirmed by any other source as of yet.

Probably here to give additional funds to pay the locals with as and when it is needed.

The red shirts where out in force today in the local Nong Prajak Park ( all 150 - 200 of them ) for a demo / protest meeting.

I was wondering where all the other hundreds of thugs / supporters who ran amok several weeks ago had gone today.

Also not suprisingly not one yellow shirt to offfer similar violent opposition to them.

Well not suprising as the PAD are definitely not wholesale perpetrators of violence as the DAD have been and consistantly so since they put on the red shirts to intimade anyone in opposition to the Thaksin agenda / s

Pretty pathetic support when you consider Udon is supposedly a strong hold of Thaksin and his bunch of thieves.

By the way,

Quentin whats his name was reporting previously and the live back ground news detail on the screen was contradicting the situation he was talking about.

He said it was very tense when it was in fact showing everyone relaxed , dancing, singing, listening to the speakers and oblivious to any kind of alledged tension ect.

This is not a criticism of our beloved BBC as they do a great job on reporting the news, but sometimes things do not go according to plan

Edited by marshbags

Yes, there was. It was mentioned about 17:15. The reporter did say is was unconfirmed, but Thai TV has been reporting it.

Let me modify / expand on my observation at 17.20ish................ no confirmed report :o:D

It has just been said that Somchai is now at the Chareonsri hotel at Udonthani by the PAD but not confirmed by any other source as of yet

Quentin whats his name was reporting previuosly and the live back up news detail on the scren was contradicting the situation he was talking about.

This is not a criticism of our beloved BBC as they do a great job on reporting the news, but sometimes things do not go according to plan

How I wish he did do a runner, as it would also help bring the siege to an end.

The comedy timing of it would be fantastic also.

I just heard a report on BBC World News a few minutes ago that there is unconfirmed reports that the Prime Minister may have left the country for personal reasons.

Bizzare!

Maybe he needs to go to USA for medical treatment, or to HK for face to face instructions from BIL.

I can confirm that he is no longer at his Mae Rim compound. All the cars and vans have departed; police security is extremely light...2-3 patrolmen who paid us no mind. I have no idea where he went of course; only that he is not currently in Mae Rim.

Someone explain me this:

- If the PPP is dissolved on December 2nd anyways, why occupy the airports for a week if it leads to the same result?

- What happens if the PPP is not dissolved on December 2nd? Will PAD continue?

it prevents the re-write of th constitution, that would be enough.

If PPP is gone, and can't jigger the rules,

then PAD they don't have much reason to hang on.

He is out of country, but exile implies no control and severed ties.

this is NOT the case. He is on the run, but only just because

the warrents haven't been sent internationally, since his puppet,

BIL, PM has prevented the sympatico FM from doing so.

If Interpol had a warrant in hand he would be lifted already.

He still pulls the strings and stirs the pot by phone and bank transfer.

it is not obsession to be dead set against a dangerous meglomaniac.

Just because he ONCE was PM and has proven political accumen,

doesn't mean he is stable, or safe to allow back in control.

Lift the viel, lift the veil!

Destroying PAD does NOT end this horror show.

They are the symptom, not the source.

I could just as easily tell you to stop being paranoid and dreaming everything up.

Why do you and other Thaksin obsessed people assume you know exactly what is going on? You don't. You're just pissing in the wind.

Ah, so this comes from the catbird seat of all wisdom.

You use the word obession, that's your choice,

it may even reflect your world view,

but not mine.

There's 76 Billion baht frozen in several banks here,

that says this ain't over yet and Thaksins is STILL pulling strings big time.

Get real.

Sorry, but read your post. You are acting like the "catbird seat of all wisdom" and like you know everything about Thaksin and what he is doing. It's a pretty bizzare comment coming from a member who uses the all-seeing-eye symbol as his avatar thereby giving the impression that you're the seat of wisdom.

I'm sick of hearing about it because it's all just supposition garnered from tidbits of information you've read here and there across the media. Of course you know exactly how much money he has in several banks here because you read about it somewhere.

I'm suggesting that you're exaggerating your knowledge of what Thaksin is up to because like many of you are who are Thaksin obsessed, you're just parroting the general gossip we see on here everyday.

And you are not exagerating. No never.

My opinions of Thaksin are based on his own quoted words.

And his verifiable actions, convictions and historic motus operandi.

I see what I see, and that has been enough.

Your mileage does vary, doesn't mean my observations are wrong.

Maybe you just don't understand them. Not my problem.

I just had minor surgury on both hands and a foot,

and the meds are kicking in. I will not be doing long posts right now.

I can hear the sighs of relief and delight in some quarters.

There,s was a farang on the stage of the PAD at SUK just now and is quoting JFK and that they should keep the fight up for democracy ect.

He spoke of them being inconvenienced and not him and other passengers he,s shouting everyone must shout " song pra jarrern " and they did and loved it.

Edited by marshbags

There,s was a farang on the stage of the PAD at SUK just now and is quoting JFK and that they should keep the fight up for democracy ect.

He spoke of them being inconvenienced and not him and other passengers he,s shouting everyone must shout " song pra jarrern " and they did and loved it.

Senile Wanderer , was that you on stage ?

I think people (protesters) in the Suvarnabhumi airport probably do not realize that they have the party of a life time. The concert they are having there is the most expensive concert in the history of human kind. True they could have better singers. On the other hand they are lucky, not only that there is no entrance fee, they even got paid.

Classic check this out were a bit slow down under but the girls are hot even by Thai standards

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=676153

There we have it, PAD paying parents to send their children to go protest. Disgusting. When I said PAD was at my Soi's market recruiting and offering money to anyone who whould drive with them to Suvarnabhumi, nobody believed me.

Oh my God. Is this news source reliable? Never heard of 9-News before.

While the item is clap trap. It looks to be written by a work experience student taking a break from her gender studies course.

Nine news is the leading commercial newsroom in Australian TV. When they are good the nine network have some world standard investigative reporting, this item is not one of those occasions.

AOT chief to seek permission to fly 88 empty commercial planes from Suvarnabhumi

Serirat Prasutanond, president of Airports of Thailand Plc, said Sunday that he will seek permission from the People's Alliance for Democracy again Sunday to retrieve 88 commercial planes left unattended at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

------------------------------

permission?? un-fuc_king-believable. so much for the arguments that "the PAD didn't close down the airport, they merely just assembled". and now they're going to try to take over the sea ports?

i'm sorry guys, but i think it's safe to say this is terrorist activity at this point. you can't convince me otherwise now. i understand what the PAD is trying to accomplish but they're fuc_king their own country over.

I agree- un-fuc_king-believable.

The PAD claims that they have never stopped the airport from operating, but now they must give permission for aircraft movements?

Are all of these 88 airplanes Thai Airways / Thai carriers? Are there any foreign national airplanes on the ground? Anyone know? An aircraft on the ground isn't making any money, and in fact would be costing the carrier a small fortune.

A foreign owned aircraft being held hostage by the PAD could turn into a major international incident. I can easily imagine the USA "sending in the Marines" to reclaim their property.

Wow 88 commercial airlplanes grounded at the airport. I for one certainly would'nt want to be flying on any one of those once operations resume. I think for the safety of citizens worldwide, the best place to keep these airlplanes is on the ground and ensure they stay there until the crisis is over. Hate to think the worst but I could just imagine a well organised terrorist group walking onto the tarmac and rubbing there hands with glee at the opportunities presented to them. Hopefully the powers that be in the Western countries are monitoring for any movement in aircraft at the airport.

Cheers.

Please read the forum rules again before posting as posts and their responses have been deleted.
Discussion of topics concerning the King or other current or deceased members of the Thai Royal Family is forbidden.

Care to explain why my post about Napoleon has been deleted? Mods need a history lesson, me thinks. :o

Not the Mod's need an historic lesson but you need a lesson to write in an for all understandable language.

If you write something by using just an Title like Doctor or Emperor without to mention the name of that person, you've to accept that you get an warning while your post could easy seen as breach of the forum rules!

And don't use in your answer to such warning to criticize a Mod action. So, be careful

Cheers.

but then again, this applies to the average Thai person in the street. Guns are a very big part of Thai life, I often see the result of this in my work.

I have to object to this statement. Unlike the US where you can buy guns in Walmart, Guns are in strict control in Thailand. One can be arrested simply having guns in their procession.

You are correct in theory, come to Pattaya or go to many parts of Issan for a lesson in reality.

Declaration of the European Unionon the situation in Thailand(Bangkok, 29 November 2008)

The European Union Ambassadors in Bangkok reiterate their serious concerns about the siege of the Bangkok airports, resulting in the disruption of international air traffic and already over 100 000 passengers being stranded. While respecting the right of protesting and without interfering in any way with the internal political debate in Thailand, the EU considers that these actions are totally inappropriate. They are seriously damaging the international image of Thailand.

We urge the protesters to evacuate the airports peacefully without delay in order to avoid a major consular crisis and its economic consequences for Thailand.

We call all parties in Thailand to takes steps to resolve the crisis and restore public order, respecting the rule of law and country's democratic institutions.

finish quote.

Never mind, its only the EU saying this so they can ignore it, not that they will ever read it in PADland. Not like Sondhi has spoken or anything is it!

This is a hoax, Can you give us the source of it. The EU did not give any statements like this.

French embassy website genuine enough?

http://www.ambafrance-th.org/spip.php?article1542

Declaration of the European Unionon the situation in Thailand(Bangkok, 29 November 2008)

The European Union Ambassadors in Bangkok reiterate their serious concerns about the siege of the Bangkok airports, resulting in the disruption of international air traffic and already over 100 000 passengers being stranded. While respecting the right of protesting and without interfering in any way with the internal political debate in Thailand, the EU considers that these actions are totally inappropriate. They are seriously damaging the international image of Thailand.

We urge the protesters to evacuate the airports peacefully without delay in order to avoid a major consular crisis and its economic consequences for Thailand.

We call all parties in Thailand to takes steps to resolve the crisis and restore public order, respecting the rule of law and country's democratic institutions.

finish quote.

Never mind, its only the EU saying this so they can ignore it, not that they will ever read it in PADland. Not like Sondhi has spoken or anything is it!

This is a hoax, Can you give us the source of it. The EU did not give any statements like this.

French embassy website genuine enough?

http://www.ambafrance-th.org/spip.php?article1542

You're losing your time.

The PAD supporters will deny the truth even if put in front of their eyes.

Ignorance is bliss for them.

I have to say first of all I am loosing money like he_ll over this because I cannot go back to work. However this is not my country and I do understand that a lot of Thai's are upset, to be honest I am happy that they say enough is enough when they feel it. Yes it is an inconvenience for a lot of people including myself, plus the tourism and foreign investment will suffer even more for the Thai's themselves, it is an emerging democracy if you study the history with previously tame and compliant people just now giving a voice. I do hope nobody gets physically or mentally hurt in this situation, and that it gets resolved soon so we can go back to our life again.