How To Go To U-tapao Airport From Bangkok

Bkkthebest

Take a taxi - U-tapao is outside of Pattaya. It is a military base. If your flight is leaving from there make sure you arrive in plenty of time, bit hectic but they are doing the best they can.

sorry, you mean take a taxi from bangkok? or from pattaya.

DOes it mean that i take a bus from bangkok to pattaya and from pattaya take a taxi to the airport.

anyone please?

If you are coming in from BKK there are two possible ways both as easy as each other, there are other ways, but these ways have the minimum number of turns.

Out BKK stay on the motorway all the way into Rayong...you will come to a set of traffic lights on the motor way, (the only one, between BKK and Rayong) sign says Ban Chang, turn right off the motor way and drive 20 kms to Ban Chang, come past the Ban Chang Palace hotel and keep going till you hit Sukhumvit (set of lights), turn right onto Sukhumvit and head towards Sattahip to Kilo 11, at the lights turn lift and drive about 2km, Gate to UTP on the lift hand side, in the gate, give the nice soldier your DL or ID and get a metal visitors plate and drive about 3 kms to the T junction and turn left...+/- 2.0km to airport terminal

Alternative route, get into Pattaya onto Sukhumvit, head towards Sattahip to get to Kilo 11 (same set of lights as above) directions as above.

The motorway route is longer distance wise, but quicker than going down Sukhumvit through Pattaya with all the traffic

Edited by Soutpeel

anyone please?

If you are coming in the case two possible ways both as easy as each other, there are other ways, but these ways have the minimum number of turns

Out BKK stay on the motorway all the way into Rayong...you will come to a set of traffic lights on the motor way, (the only one, between BKK and Rayong) sign says Ban Chang, turn right off the motor way and drive 20 kms to Ban Chang, come past the Ban Chang Palace hotel and keep going till you hit Sukhumvit (set of lights), turn right onto Sukhumvit and head towards Sattahip to Kilo 11, at the lights turn lift and drive about 2km, Gate to UTP on the lift hand side, in the gate, give the nice soldier your DL or ID and get a metal visitors plate and drive about 3 kms to the T junction and turn left...+/- 2.0km to airport terminal

Alternative route, get into Pattaya onto Sukhumvit, head towards Sattahip to get to Kilo 11 (same set of lights as above) directions as above.

The motorway route is longer distance wise, but quicker than going down Sukhumvit through Pattaya.

That is a good information. However i am not driving or plan to hire a driver.

I am on budget and thinking of getting a bus to pattaya then maybe van or taxi to the airport. Is this the best and cheapest way? I need to know where to alight when i am at pattaya and what sort of public transport they have at pattaya, is it just taxi?

Take a taxi - U-tapao is outside of Pattaya. It is a military base. If your flight is leaving from there make sure you arrive in plenty of time, bit hectic but they are doing the best they can.

DOes it mean that i take a bus from bangkok to pattaya and from pattaya take a taxi to the airport.

If you are going on a bus....bus BKK to Pattaya...taxi from Pattaya to UTP...any taxi driver in Pattaya should know where it is...BTW..UTP is not in Pattaya its in Sattahip..

What happens when the authorities hand over the keys of U-Tapao Airport to PAD?

Somehow dont see this happening, per a previous post I made (which was deleted)...Even though UTP is a Thai military base, there is still an active presence by "another" nation, so think they would be p*ssing them off as well if they took over UTP... :o:D

If you are going on a bus....bus BKK to Pattaya...taxi from Pattaya to UTP...any taxi driver in Pattaya should know where it is...BTW..UTP is not in Pattaya its in Sattahip..

Thank you, i will take note of that.

best way; take a bus from Bangkok Ekamai, they leave from about 5:30 am oclock to about 10 pm; takes 2 hours. or take a bus from bangkok's Mo Chit bus station, roughly same schedule. Ekamai is easier to get to cause the BTS is right there; Mo Chit is about a 15 minute walk to the bus station from their BTS or their subway station.

from the pattaya bus station, you can get one of them picup truck taxis to u-tapao airport, 35 minutes away, or maybe get some kind of bus direction Rayong, and from there maybe get another taxi right to the u tapao airport. the only thing is those pickup truck taxis in pattaya are all gonif crooks so you may end up paying more for that just from pattay than you would from bkk straight through to utapao.

personally i would try to get a flight from utapao to phuket, and try to get out that way to singapore or malaysia where they have regular flights.

you could even take a night train to SuratThani, then bus for 5 hours to phuket. if you're super lucky, bangkokairways has 1 nonstop a day u=tapao to phuket, but i imagine it be difficult to procure seats.

and what about a night train bangkok to butterworth for Penang? from there, you're home free and don't have to deal with the pad nightmare.

worst case you could take a bus to cambodia but someone told me it can be dangerous from their border to siam reap and or to Pnon penn.

just trying to list all options for those stranded.