Welcome To Mo-towm

It was actually at the bottom of page 1 of a Google search, hiding amongst 1,420,000 references to a certain music style :o

Maybe I'll get The Fourtops as neighbours . (Babeeee - now that I've found you I can't let you go, I'll turn my world around you, I need you so, babe, even though, you don't need me - you don't neeeeeed meee!)

I think it was 1966.

Other possibilities are Janet Jackson or The supremes.

This might be a good investment - I have to check if it comes with mix desk and dolby surround.

Otherwise it looks quite good - wife from Tha Maka with friends in BKK, so location is good. The company claims there is international school nearby - have to verify that.

yes, there are international schools nearby .. there is ISB down towards the carrefour road about 1.5km away, and there is Harrow east of mo-town towards the vipavadee rangsit side. the chaengwattana area is booming and this is a nice location right across the new central.

i am personally looking at the SC Asset project down towards the carefour road (samakhi) .. its 1km from carefour called "vista park chaeng wattana" .. difficult to google but here is the link (in thai) http://www.scasset.com/vista/vpj/index.html

i would caution against buying landed properties off-plan, especially in this environment and mo-town look like its off-plan (some one correct me but i pass it every day). vista park is 80% complete and certain zones are ready for transfer.

I also like the look of Mo-town townhouses and am thinking of buying one.

Phase one is due for completion end December 2008 and phase 2 end of March 09 (according to the sales guys). Judging by the amount of units there will be quite a few phases. If you have a master plan then units JF1 - JF21 and JS1 - JS 43 are in Phase one and almost complete. The base structure and a bit more is complete on JF22 - JF 42 from memory (I was there last week).

Risk is low as they only require 5% down with 95% payable on transfer.

I would say 20% of the development is almost complete (phase 1).

wineaux .. i would go check out Vista Park by SC Asset just for comparison .. its about 900m from Home Pro on the new street that cuts across Chaeng Wattana. If you coming from Central, just turn left before the HomePro/Carefour, go about 1km and u-turn at the first light (or 2nd light if cannot) and it will be on your left.

Multiphase projects like Mo-Town by a smaller (unknown) developer poses several risks, especially in this environment. Also, you don't want to live in a construction zone for the next two years.

wineaux .. i would go check out Vista Park by SC Asset just for comparison .. its about 900m from Home Pro on the new street that cuts across Chaeng Wattana. If you coming from Central, just turn left before the HomePro/Carefour, go about 1km and u-turn at the first light (or 2nd light if cannot) and it will be on your left.

Multiphase projects like Mo-Town by a smaller (unknown) developer poses several risks, especially in this environment. Also, you don't want to live in a construction zone for the next two years.

i know vista park and I do like it, however i fancy a unit in this project. I will probably wait and see how it progresses into next year b4 i make any firm plans. lets keep this thread going with progress on this site and vista park

• 4 weeks later...

i know vista park and I do like it, however i fancy a unit in this project. I will probably wait and see how it progresses into next year b4 i make any firm plans. lets keep this thread going with progress on this site and vista park

I have visited the web site for vista park but find no price indications. Anyone checked with them ?

It was actually at the bottom of page 1 of a Google search, hiding amongst 1,420,000 references to a certain music style :D

Maybe I'll get The Fourtops as neighbours . (Babeeee - now that I've found you I can't let you go, I'll turn my world around you, I need you so, babe, even though, you don't need me - you don't neeeeeed meee!)

I think it was 1966.

This might be a good investment - I have to check if it comes with mix desk and dolby surround.

Otherwise it looks quite good - wife from Tha Maka with friends in BKK, so location is good. The company claims there is international school nearby - have to verify that.

Here's the sales office :o

Motown.jpg

:D

It was actually at the bottom of page 1 of a Google search, hiding amongst 1,420,000 references to a certain music style :D

I think it was 1966.

Here's the sales office :o

Motown.jpg

Not sure why Greatful Dead are pictured in the upper right corner of the window, though.........

wineaux .. i would go check out Vista Park by SC Asset just for comparison .. its about 900m from Home Pro on the new street that cuts across Chaeng Wattana. If you coming from Central, just turn left before the HomePro/Carefour, go about 1km and u-turn at the first light (or 2nd light if cannot) and it will be on your left. Multiphase projects like Mo-Town by a smaller (unknown) developer poses several risks, especially in this environment. Also, you don't want to live in a construction zone for the next two years.

I have visited the web site for vista park but find no price indications. Anyone checked with them ?

thb3.89m for the standard size (22sqw, 193sqm living area) promotional units with some freebies thrown in (air, water pump, etc). corner units more around thb5.8m (37sqw).