Tabien Rot

TBWG

I was under the impression that once an International travel permit ( Tabien Rot) is issued it is valid for the life of the vehicle.

However looking at my document it shows the period of validity as 17/12/07 - 13/11/08 there is a position to extend the period within the permit so I suppose I have answered my own question but there is only 1 option to extend and the original period is odd and I just can't see the logic.

Any ideas?

TBWG :o

Call me a cynic, but it is my experience that the bearucratic system here is designed to create as many problems as possible. Problems that then need solving with the customary backhanders.

I bought a car, paperwork looked in order to me, log book, signed bill of sale, copy of passport. Everything is then gone over with a microscope by the authorities trying to find any litte minute problem, anything at all that money has to be paid to solve.

Yes, the previous owners Visa has expired, what the hel_l has that got to do with me, my visa is in order? That cost me 20,000B under the table!

Yes it stinks doesn't it?

T.I.T.

Apologies for my rantings. I have no idea what the answer is to your question. M

ost things make no sense here, as if designed for the very purpose to make problems which then have to be solved in the customary way.

Sorry and good luck

No problem PB

Although I do agree with your post any opportunity for tea money.

Think I have sussed period 17/12 is when they first issued the car passport 13/11 is the anniversary of when car was first registered. But I still do not see why I only have room for 1 renewal? Oh well TIT!

Anyone had this problem?

TBWG :o