Confused About Mix Of Deposit And Incom Requirements

Hi,

I am confused about the the mix of deposit and income requirements when applying for a multiple entry non o immigrant visa. I know you can have 800,000 baht in Thai bank account 3 months prior to application as one way of obtaining visa but would like an easy to understand explanation of deposit and income rule if possible.

An example in dollar terms would be of great assistance as I truly cannot get my head around this. Eg I I have say 40,000 baht in income how much do I need to have in my bank account and can it be in my Australian account or does it need to be in my Thai bank account.

Thankyou for any help on this.

Cheers

Mark

You need a combined amount equal to 800,000 baht.

Using your example of 40,000 income that would be 480,000 total for a year so that leaves 320,000 that you need to have in the bank,

The bank funds must be in a Thai bank. And you need a letter from bank.

The two amounts have to be equal to 800.000 Baht but bear in mind the ‘exchange rate’ as your income might be worth much less than you think.

One or two expats are now finding that their income which was sufficient last year with a good exchange rate leaves them well short based on today’s rates.

If your income falls short then you will have to top up your bank account.

The money used for obtaining a visa has to be in a Thai bank account but unlike the 3-months attached to the 800.000 Baht it does not have to be in an account for any given period of time.

Your ‘income’ has to be calculated by the ‘exchange rate’ at the time of your application.

Your income has to be confirmed by your embassy and your bank account has to be verified by the manager at the bank you joined and not a sub-branch.

…I am confused about the the mix of deposit and income requirements when applying for a multiple entry non o immigrant visa. I know you can have 800,000 baht in Thai bank account 3 months prior to application as one way of obtaining visa but would like an easy to understand explanation of deposit and income rule if possible…

There is no income requirement to get a non-O visa. Some Thai consulates may ask for evidence of funds (cash or money in a bank account) of the equivalent of 20,000 Baht as per official rules of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2489

--

Maestro

What is the difference between a non-oa visa for retirement, and a multiple entry non o?

I turn 50 in January, and it seems that I need more info.

Thanks.

A non-oa visa issued by a conuslate and will allow a permit to stay of 1 year for for each entry.

Link to info and requirements: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493 Note: #3 has has info that visa can be issued at immigration in Bangkok this is incorrect.

After the visa expires you then have to apply for an extension of stay here or re-apply for a new visa at a conuslate.

A non-o issued by a conuslate will only be for 90 days each entry. After arriving in Thailand with proof of income you can apply for a year extension of permit to stay at immigration.

Edited by ubonjoe

What is the difference between a non-oa visa for retirement, and a multiple entry non o?

Thanks.

A non-oa visa issued by a conuslate and will allow a permit to stay of 1 year for for each entry.

Link to info and requirements: http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493 Note: #3 has has info that visa can be issued at immigration in Bangkok this is incorrect.

After the visa expires you then have to apply for an extension of stay here or re-apply for a new visa at a conuslate.

A non-o issued by a conuslate will only be for 90 days each entry. After arriving in Thailand with proof of income you can apply for a year extension of permit to stay at immigration.

I commend you on you patience and good spirit, UJ.

Both the questions asked in this thread have been answered on the forum on more occasions than you could poke a stick at.

It seems the "Search" function is almost redundant.

your bank account has to be verified by the manager at the bank you joined and not a sub-branch.

Are you sure this is correct...I live in Pattaya and my account is at one of the "mini" branches of Bangkok Bank at a Big-C shopping center. I am pretty sure it is what you refer to as a "sub-branch" and my bank certifications have always been done on the spot and signed by, I assume, the manager of that sub-branch. I have never had a problem using these documents in 7 years of renewals at Pattaya immigration.

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

…Both the questions asked in this thread have been answered on the forum on more occasions than you could poke a stick at.

It seems the "Search" function is almost redundant.

I don’t want to discourage anybody from using the search function, quite the contrary, but in my personal experience it can sometimes be quite difficult to get the desired result.

--

Maestro

P.S. I eat my words. I tried a search, with the search field near the top left of the page, with "non-O-A" OR "non-oa" and the first result shown was the topic "Basic Differences Between Non-o And Non-oa Visa - Thailand Forum":

www.thaivisa.com/forum/Basic-Differences-Non-Non-oa-Vis-t208588.html

I grant, however, that probably not everybody would know to search for both non-O-A and non-OA and to place each search term between quotation marks.

Edited by Maestro
Added postscript - Maestro

Thanks.

Where are you from? I recently got an O-A from London.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice and constructive critism. It is my experience that it is better to ask questions, than to make a big mistake, so here I go.

I have a 6 month triple entry visa(UK passport). Can I transfer this in to a Non immigrant OA visa? I have the financial matters covered, no criminal record, and my health is good.

I assume that I can just go to pattaya imigration, supply the documentation, pay the fees, and then I have my 1 year multiple entry retirment visa. Is this correct?

I assume that the forms for a medical certificate are online?

Thanks.

You cannot get an O-A in Thailand, there are many guys on here much more knowledgable than I on Visa problems and Im sure they will post their advice. Sometimes it can get confusing...If you want to know how I got mine (O-A), PM me I only arrived 2 mths ago. Maestros link shows the difference of the Non O and OA

Edited by Tafia

MeetJohnDoe

Bank verification letter.

Last year I went to a sub-branch (Soi Khaotalo) of the Siam Commercial bank and requested verification of my account and was refused.

I was told I can only be issued with a verification letter from the bank I opened my account with and not a sub-branch of that bank.

I have an 'O' visa which has the word 'Retirement' stamped across it.

…I have a 6 month triple entry visa(UK passport). Can I transfer this in to a Non immigrant OA visa? I have the financial matters covered, no criminal record, and my health is good.

I assume that I can just go to pattaya imigration, supply the documentation, pay the fees, and then I have my 1 year multiple entry retirement visa. Is this correct?...

Since you already got a triple-entry tourist visa, use it to travel to Thailand. Once in Thailand, you can go to your local immigration office and change it to a non-immigrant visa (fee 2,000 Baht), then get an annual extension for retirement (fee 1,900 Baht). No medical certificate or police clearance needed for this. After that, get a new annual extension every year.

--

Maestro

MeetJohnDoe

Bank verification letter.

Last year I went to a sub-branch (Soi Khaotalo) of the Siam Commercial bank and requested verification of my account and was refused.

I was told I can only be issued with a verification letter from the bank I opened my account with and not a sub-branch of that bank.

I have an 'O' visa which has the word 'Retirement' stamped across it.

I take it the sub-branch you went to is not where you opened your SCB account? The sub-branch of BB at Big C that I use is where I opened the account. Therefore, I think it is more accurate to say you must get the letter from the bank branch (main or sub) where one opened their account.

This is true for many banking services in Thailand...you have to return to opening branch to get certain services. Unlike "back home" these services can't be done at branches of the bank.