Clean Underwear Needed...

StrandedBusinessPerson

Does anyone know where to collect this money? I could use a change of clothes! thx...

Stranded tourist to be compensated Bt2,000 per day: foreign minister

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sompong Amornwiwat said the government would spend at least Bt1 billion to compensate tourist left stranded because of the besieging the two Bangkok airports.

Sompong was Sunday quoted by Manage Online as saying that each of tourists would receive Bt2 billion a day from the special fund until they could fly home.

Thais, who have been stranded overseas, will receive the same rate of compensations, he said.

He was quoted as saying that he had informed foreign envoys of the compensations.

Does anyone know where to collect this money? I could use a change of clothes! thx...

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sompong Amornwiwat said the government would spend at least Bt1 billion to compensate tourist left stranded because of the besieging the two Bangkok airports.

Sompong was Sunday quoted by Manage Online as saying that each of tourists would receive Bt2 billion a day from the special fund until they could fly home.

Is it 2000 Bt or 2billion Bt? :o

Thais, who have been stranded overseas, will receive the same rate of compensations, he said.

He was quoted as saying that he had informed foreign envoys of the compensations.

Not much hope I would say....Wouldn't surprise me if the Thaksin clan is collecting the 2000 Baht instead of you.

Sorry SBP that you're learning about the Thai way in such an uncomfortable manner.

I don't know where you can get your 2000 baht, it sure won't buy much even if you could collect it. you might get one night's stay but chances are you'll be gouged on that clean pair of underwear if you are a westerner, that is

However, Thai officials have a habit of making empty gestures. I'm still waiting for my whistle that the tourist ( and sports ) ministry promised arriving tourists so as to ensure feminine safety.

I hope when you return to your home you'll tell everyone you know about ...Amazing Thailand-

Edited by HorseDoctor

Is it 2000 Bt or 2billion Bt? :o

It was 2 Billion before the deductions and retentions by various officials in Pattaya and Bangkok. Still, anyone running short of funds in Pattaya has an alternative income stream if they need it. And underwear is most definitely not required.