International Post To/from Chiang Mai

realthaideal

I had planned to post some things home to family and friends this holiday season and, now's right about when I ought to do it. Usually Thai Post routes Int'l packages from CM to BKK and then out. Given the current situation I'm wondering if it's come to a standstill or maybe is just a trickle straight thru CM ? Anybody in the know? And anybody out there been receiving anything from abroad the last week ? Most concerned......

According to the Bangkok Post yesterday or the day before, no intl mail is entering or leaving the country until the BKK airport reopens. Use DHL or Fedex? All depends on how much you want to spend to get your XMas gifts to the recipients.

Maybe seamail will be quicker, someone said Fedex or similar where getting there stuff out through Phuket or KL.

I was informed today by my local post office in Chiang Mai that all airmails and seamails in and out of Thailand have been suspended until further notice.

Have loads of Christmas cards to send, maybe I can ask Santa to deliver them for me when he comes over on the 25th.

FedEx is sending International packages through Chiang Mai Airport, no problems. Only problem is the delay in picking up the package if you can't drop it off at the main FedEx office. A small package to the U.K. is actually less money via FedEx (888 Baht) vs. 1100 Baht for EMS which is paralyzed at the moment.